Poll: Will Zac Lose The Locker Room This Year?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Will Zac Lose The Locker Room?
Green has not said he wants to be traded. That is message board posters projecting their feelings onto him. The video clip where they supposedly "lip-read" his statement is crap, he could be saying anything.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2020, 08:44 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Green has not said he wants to be traded. That is message board posters projecting their feelings onto him. The video clip where they supposedly "lip-read" his statement is crap, he could be saying anything.

He absolutely said it. You’re in denial.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2020, 08:44 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He absolutely said it. You’re in denial.

Show me a clip where he says it and you can hear it. Because I have watched the sideline clip 100 times, and it's not clear what he's saying.You're projecting.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2020, 08:46 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Show me a clip where he says it and you can hear it. Because I have watched the sideline clip 100 times, and it's not clear what he's saying.You're projecting.

Ok guy.

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2020, 08:34 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Green is clearly frustrated, but I don't think it is at ZT, it is because he is not what he once was. He watches tape. He knows deep down he's not getting open. Dunlap being demoted is probably the very best thing Taylor could have done for him, as he had one of his best games in Baltimore. Prior to that, he was just taking up space on the field, and consistently letting his run lanes open. The demotion, and now due to Hubbard his promotion, should motivate him to produce for the rest of the season. We'll see how that plays out, but for right now I think that was a perfect call.  Ross is Ross....

While I agree with all these moves (except Ross), I still see it as divisive in the locker room.  Look how guys like Boyd rave about AJ Green.  I just think it puts him in a terrible spot, and the fact that they sold leadership on their ability to protect the franchise with their "scheme" and existing talent on the offensive line has also hurt their equity.  
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2020, 08:53 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: While I agree with all these moves (except Ross), I still see it as divisive in the locker room.  Look how guys like Boyd rave about AJ Green.  I just think it puts him in a terrible spot, and the fact that they sold leadership on their ability to protect the franchise with their "scheme" and existing talent on the offensive line has also hurt their equity.  

I don't see how anyone can put AJ's problem on coaching when it's on his ability to be healthy. The players can see what we see. It's not Taylor or Callahans fault AJ looks like he can't accelerate any more. They keep lining him up, what else can they do? I would think Boyd is actually pretty happy he is #1 right now and his future contract numbers are skyrocketing.
Reply/Quote
I find it curious that none of the high profile high paid vets Green Atkins and Dunlap have not exactly endorsed ZT.
Sometimes when your losing more than winning, players
Will say to the press " we believe in coach , its our fault
Not his we arent making plays on the field yadda yadda yadda...."

Not once have they defended ZT and or have any indication
They are confident he can turn the culture around.

Atkins Dunlap Green respected Lewis more.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2020, 09:08 AM)impactplaya Wrote: I find it curious that none of the high profile high paid vets Green Atkins and Dunlap have not exactly endorsed ZT.

Let's see how Atkins and Dunlap play this week......
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2020, 09:08 AM)impactplaya Wrote: I find it curious that none of the high profile high paid vets Green Atkins and Dunlap have not exactly endorsed ZT.

There is a bit of an "old guard vs new guard" dilemma here.  I can see all those guys gone, except maybe Atkins, but his own slow recovery from injury calls in to question a lot of his drive.  
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2020, 09:14 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: There is a bit of an "old guard vs new guard" dilemma here.  I can see all those guys gone, except maybe Atkins, but his own slow recovery from injury calls in to question a lot of his drive.  

I agree and think that's a lot of it. I think they know Taylor is building something here, bringing in his guys, and it will take awhile. They also know they may not be here when it pays off.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2020, 04:39 AM)TSwigZ Wrote: I actually think most of the locker room will be fine it’s the fans he’s going to lose if things don’t start to change

That is possible, but what kind of locker room is going to be fine with a HC who has something like 5 or 6 wins in 32 games?
Reply/Quote
Is the ratio of this poll pretty much the approval rating of the fans on the job that “Zac Turner” is doing as HC?
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2020, 08:44 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He absolutely said it. You’re in denial.

It is crazy what soem NFL players saying during a game

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2020, 11:19 AM)fredtoast Wrote: It is crazy what soem NFL players saying during a game

And yet all of those are better than trying to put "trade me" in AJ's mouth.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2020, 04:02 PM)GodFather Wrote: It's obvious how frustrated the fans have been this season thus far, but thats not surprising in the least bit. We as fans don't really know whats going on behind the scenes with the coaching staff and players. My question is if the season continues and the Bengals win only 3 games or so do you think Zac will lose the players confidence in him or do you think they have a different perspective being in the thick of things?

Losing causes frustration, the more you lose, the more likely the coaching decisions are questioned. 

Having said that, I saw AJ came out with a positive statement directly supporting the coaching staff and ZT so so far it feels the team is behind him.

But, I predict we keep losing so by end of the year, ZT will lose the locker room. Thus I voted yes, he will lose it.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I have yet to hear ZT come out and say "I need to do
A better job of playcalling,Im getting my QB killed"
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2020, 09:10 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Let's see how Atkins and Dunlap play this week......

I think Atkins had a zero stat line last week, what are we waiting for? Mr. inconsistency.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2020, 12:33 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I think Atkins had a zero stat line last week, what are we waiting for? Mr. inconsistency.

First game back after shoulder injury, first game of the season for him. What did you expect. 
Reply/Quote
WhoDey2 Nobody is going to come out and say ZT has lost the locker room. However, if you were on this team, and you can see how pathetic Turner is at his job. You can see how ZT gets outcoached every week. You can see ZT doesn't have rhyme nor reason to his play-calling.

I'd say a big resounding YES, ZT has lost this locker room.
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2020, 12:33 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I think Atkins had a zero stat line last week, what are we waiting for? Mr. inconsistency.

The dude a 100% first HOF. So what do you mean by inconsistency? Also if you were paying attention to the game he had a key hurry on a 4&7 that forced an incompletion that ended a Ravens drive around midfield. So yeah he did have a huge impact on the game. 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote