Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Zac Taylor Pass Dave Shula in Winning % This Year?
Do you think Zac Taylor wins enough games this season to pass Dave Shula in winning percentage?

Dave Shula Career Win % is/was .268 And here's where Taylor currently sits: .203

For Zac Taylor to pass Dave Shula he would need to win 7 games this season to bring him up to .270, every so slightly passing Shula's .268.

Will he do it?

Bonus question: What amount of wins do you think he needs to get to for you to be comfortable with his returning for a year 4? I would assume it's over 7 because no one wants the second coming of Dave Shula for a year 4.

PS Jeff Rowe just said the Bengals would be idiots if they didn't draft Sewell. Ninja
Reply/Quote
No, I think Shula is safe from being surpassed by Taylor.

'21 home wins: Browns, Chargers, & Jaguars
'21 road wins: Bears, Lions, & Jets

6 wins and another top 5 - 7 draft pick.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
This thread made me laugh out loud. I sure hope Taylor surpasses Shula. I think our roster will be coming along well after this draft. The major areas of concern would be our pass rush and offensive line play. If they can make some upgrades in the draft to these areas I think we definitely can get above .500 this year. If not, we're really banking on Burrow staying healthy to get above .500.
Reply/Quote
for our sanity i hope so.

but he trends at no

Bonus He will need a playoff birth for me to be comfortable (so 10 wins at least maybe 11 depends on the field)
Reply/Quote
Doubt he passes shula this year ( can't believe that this is a thing on any other team but the bengals..OK so maybe the browns), but he needs to get 5 wins for the front office to bring him back in my mind. Obviously you have to count how many injured players we have too, this can almost count as a free win.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2021, 01:06 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Do you think Zac Taylor wins enough games this season to pass Dave Shula in winning percentage?

Dave Shula Career Win %  is/was .268  And here's where Taylor currently sits: .203

For Zac Taylor to pass Dave Shula he would need to win 7 games this season to bring him up to .270, every so slightly passing Shula's .268.

Will he do it?

Bonus question:  What amount of wins do you think he needs to get to for you to be comfortable with his returning for a year 4?  I would assume it's over 7 because no one wants the second coming of Dave Shula for a year 4.

PS Jeff Rowe just said the Bengals would be idiots if they didn't draft Sewell.  Ninja

YES, I believe he will.

Bonus answer: 10 (depending on health of team)
Reply/Quote
I predict 6-8 wins this year, which would still be a losing record.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2021, 02:46 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I predict 6-8 wins this year, which would still be a losing record.

Let's go with the teams first 8-9 season ever, baby!  Who Dey
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2021, 02:51 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Let's go with the teams first 8-9 season ever, baby!  Who Dey

What most fans will think - "If Taylor doesn't get a winning record, he's out!"

What Mike Brown probably will think - "Zac and the team didn't hit expectations, but they still had a better record than last year, so it's trending up. KEEP!"
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Hope: Yes
Expect: No

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Yes he'll win 7 or more games.

The number of wins is probably less important than the progress made, particularly on offense. If the offense doesn't look the part then it is time to part ways. If the offense hums but the D repeatedly lets them down, there's no need to tear down the O, just time for a new DC (and some early draft picks on D).
Reply/Quote
I hope he does.
I think that the Bengals will need to get 8+ wins for me to be comfortable bringing Zac back. That would show me that they are heading in the right direction.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2021, 02:40 PM)Qb7boomer Wrote: Doubt he passes shula this year ( can't believe that this is a thing on any other team but the bengals..OK so maybe the browns), but he needs to get 5 wins for the front office to bring him back in my mind. Obviously you have to count how many injured players we have too, this can almost count as a free win.

5 wins?  Are they/you expecting fans in the seats next season after a head coach would be 11-36-1 in 3 seasons?  

I wouldn't put it past this front office to bring back a coach with that type of record, but anyone that supports bringing back a coach with that record better be ready to tell me that Dave Shula wasnt as bad of a hire by this organization as first thought.   

I think Zac and Co need at least 9 wins to be brought back next season minimum.  

However, I don't think he'll eclipse the 7 wins need to catch David Shula as the worst football coach in Bengal football history.  
Reply/Quote
I'll give you an answer after the draft.

Right now, there is no way this team would win 9 games with the O-line.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2021, 03:23 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I'll give you an answer after the draft.

Right now, there is no way this team would win 9 games with the O-line.

no way this team would win 9 games with the OL the way it is.  YOu have any injuries even with Reiff and Pollace (people act like he's a player)  and this OL is done for.  

Then on defense, if there's any injuries at LB or DL they're screwed because they have no depth at either.

Then we can throw it back over to the offense and if we have any injuries at WR were done for because even if we add Chase you still have 3 or 4 WR if you wanna include Tate.  

So yea the chances of hitting 9 wins are slim but I think they can hit 9 wins if they remain healthy and all their high draft picks come in and contribute immediately. 
Reply/Quote
I sure hope so.

But I still have my doubts ?
Reply/Quote
Quote: 5 wins?  Are they/you expecting fans in the seats next season after a head coach would be 11-36-1 in 3 seasons?

Am not saying I would be happy with 5 wins, just looking at it from a bengals front office view, they already have said that this will take time for a guy who hasn't been a head coach before, and we know how patient (??) The browns are with head coaches.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2021, 03:27 PM)TJ528 Wrote: no way this team would win 9 games with the OL the way it is.  YOu have any injuries even with Reiff and Pollace (people act like he's a player)  and this OL is done for.  

Then on defense, if there's any injuries at LB or DL they're screwed because they have no depth at either.

Then we can throw it back over to the offense and if we have any injuries at WR were done for because even if we add Chase you still have 3 or 4 WR if you wanna include Tate.  

So yea the chances of hitting 9 wins are slim but I think they can hit 9 wins if they remain healthy and all their high draft picks come in and contribute immediately. 

Depends on what they draft.  If they go Chase and somehow don't go O-line until later (4th round) then I can't see them winning more than 5.
Reply/Quote
if we start less than 2-2 he should be gone at that point
Reply/Quote
No
Reply/Quote