Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Zac Taylor Pass Dave Shula in Winning % This Year?
Vegas says 6.5 wins this year. They said 5.5 last year. We got 4.

I don't see any reason for me to believe they will get to 7 wins. OL is still a mess. ZT hasn't shown that he's even an average coach.
The injury excuse doesn't fly with me. Good teams with injuries are still good and bad teams with injuries are still bad. With our roster against the new schedule, it's going to take a miracle.

It will be fun to watch Burrow play again this year though. I did very much enjoy that.

But if you could have one or the other who would you have? Shula or Zac Taylor?
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2021, 04:50 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: if we start less than 2-2 he should be gone at that point

If we go 1-3, the first person I'd send packing is  Lou and that supposed defense he coaches.  Taylor wouldn't be far behind though. 

We'll see if it's any better this year but when you have a crappy coaching players it usually doesnt matter. Look at Turner on the OL. 

Just sayin!
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2021, 05:27 PM)TJ528 Wrote: If we go 1-3, the first person I'd send packing is  Lou and that supposed defense he coaches.  Taylor wouldn't be far behind though. 

We'll see if it's any better this year but when you have a crappy coaching players it usually doesnt matter. Look at Turner on the OL. 

Just sayin!

Taylor kept Lou So Taylor goes first.
Luo and Brian at the end of the year if Simmons(or next HC here) doesnt want them
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2021, 05:27 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Taylor kept Lou So Taylor goes first.    
Luo and Brian at the end of the year if Simmons(or next HC here) doesnt want them

Can't say i disagree with you.  Lou was Taylor's choice as DC.  He kept him on the staff after 2 seasons being ranked in the mid-20s in D in the NFL.  

If Lou can't improve a defense the Bengals have spent $200 million dollars to rebuild over the last 2 season then he needs to walk out the door with Taylor.  
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2021, 01:06 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Do you think Zac Taylor wins enough games this season to pass Dave Shula in winning percentage?

Dave Shula Career Win %  is/was .268  And here's where Taylor currently sits: .203

For Zac Taylor to pass Dave Shula he would need to win 7 games this season to bring him up to .270, every so slightly passing Shula's .268.

Will he do it?

Bonus question:  What amount of wins do you think he needs to get to for you to be comfortable with his returning for a year 4?  I would assume it's over 7 because no one wants the second coming of Dave Shula for a year 4.

PS Jeff Rowe just said the Bengals would be idiots if they didn't draft Sewell.  Ninja

Hum, I don't see 7 wins out of this team this season. They're likely to get a surprise victory or maybe even two, but just like the past two years they're going to lose to bad teams.

I want Taylor gone and I don't believe 6 or 7 or 8 wins should save his job. A losing season this year will solidify him as a losing coach that no one can offer up a legit argument against. It will be three straight years of solid losing.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote