Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will helmet to helmet become reviewable
Similar to college? The non call on the hit on Bernard was huge. The right call is made and its first down, possibly first and goal. The NFL acts like it is serious on limiting concussions yet "miss" this call. That no call possibly led to the escalation and loss of control.

No mistake, the Bengals cannot get those PF calls at the end, but the Bernard no call was atrocious and cost the Bengals at least 3 or 7 points in a two point loss.
Reply/Quote
For about 4-5 years Iv witnessed that call become basically a way for refs to legally screw us

If they make helmet to helmet reviewable I believe no other team but us will benefit more

And that's why it won't become reviewable
Reply/Quote
It most certainly should be reviewable, but like Housh says, the NFL won't because it will take away their ability to influence games.
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 05:11 AM)fisherscatfan Wrote: Similar to college?  The non call on the hit on Bernard was huge.  The right call is made and its first down, possibly first and goal.  The NFL acts like it is serious on limiting concussions yet "miss" this call.  That no call possibly led to the escalation and loss of control.  

No mistake, the Bengals cannot get those PF calls at the end, but the Bernard no call was atrocious and cost the Bengals at least 3 or 7 points in a two point loss.

What really made me mad was the announcers AND the NFL former official commenting numerous times it was the right call because Bernard was a runner and not a defenseless receiver. So to be clear, according to them, you can lead with your helmet and hit helmet to helmet all day long against anyone EXCEPT a defenseless receiver. Is that how anyone else understands the rule?

I thought neither runner nor tackler could lead with helmet and helmet to helmet hits were always a penalty since 2013 rule change.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
It needs to be reviewable! Gio was freaking knocked out cold! If that was reviewed it would have been a game changer!
Reply/Quote
Helmet to Helmet absolutely should never be allowed. And yes, the announcers for this game were nothing short of terrible.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 05:11 AM)fisherscatfan Wrote: Similar to college?  The non call on the hit on Bernard was huge.  The right call is made and its first down, possibly first and goal.  The NFL acts like it is serious on limiting concussions yet "miss" this call.  That no call possibly led to the escalation and loss of control.  

[Image: ref.png]
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Mike Carey is trash and the announcers at heart thought it was a penalty. You can tell because of the tone they took while talking about it. It was obvious to anyone whose studied human behavior that they were being forced to act like they thought the no call was right. They took the exact same tone of sadness when Burfict and Jones got those 2 penalties at the end of the game

Definitely a NFL, WWE moment
Reply/Quote