Poll: Will the Bengals Find a way to make the Playoffs?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will the Bengals Make the Playoffs?
I didn't expect the playoffs this year. I would be happy with 6 or more wins. Burrow needs to grow this year.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2020, 04:09 AM)TSwigZ Wrote: January 1991 I’ll be 29 in two weeks and still haven’t been alive for a playoff win

It looks like you're part of the problem. They were like 7-0, and went on to beat the Steelers in Pittsburgh the day after my daughter was born. They kinda sucked ever since.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2020, 08:23 AM)jason Wrote: It looks like you're part of the problem. They were like 7-0, and went on to beat the Steelers in Pittsburgh the day after my daughter was born. They kinda sucked ever since.

I cursed the team Sad
Who Dey!!!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 11:00 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Not with this offensive line.

^This x 10
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
Bengals won't make playoffs barring a massive growth for both the OL and DL by mid-year.

The Bengals need new players at the following positions on the roster to compete next year:
RT
RG
WR
DE (Dunlap, Hubbard, Lawson not getting it done)
Maybe DT (we'll see how Atkins comes back)
CB if WJ3 not extended
Maybe LB (will Bynes be more like Game 1 or Game 2?)

They only have $32 mill in cap space for next year, so they will have to do some cuts if they want to bring in a good FA or two.
Cutting Hart will free up $5.9 mill.
Moving on from Atkins or Dunlap would free up over $10 mill each.
They may have to move one of Atkins or Dunlap if they want to bring in a FA, but I doubt they do that. It will probably be a draft pick to groom behind.

Depending on where they land in the draft, it might be wise to trade around multiple times to get more picks in Rds 1-3 in hopes of getting enough quality players to start (OL) or take over for seasoned vets who are set to hit FA in a year or two (DL).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I'm not as down on this team as many are, I expected this all things considered. However, I do believe this team will gel and get better in the 2nd half of the season. I'm going to say 6-7 win range.

Playoffs ? seriously doubt it.
Reply/Quote
No, and I'm not being snarky, but I think the better question is "Will the Bengals make the playoffs in the next 2 to 3 seasons?" That is a debate worth having.
Reply/Quote
This may be the first time I've seen this board all agree on something. 2 games in, but we all see how dysfunctional we are in the trenches on both sides of the ball. Dunlap has been non existent, o-line was what we thought they were. We needed a quality RG or RT in FA, but we didn't make that happen.

Needs in order: RT, RG, DE, WR, CB, LB

I don't want to turn this into an AJ thread, and I love AJ, but I think it's time for us to part ways with him. Unless he improves drastically, our money can be spent better elsewhere. Same with Dunlap. We need consistency with pressuring the QB. He makes too much to be this invisible. Oh and Hart is still dogsh!t. RT is #1 need by far. Burrow is gonna get killed with that weak right side.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
sure, eventually.

in 2020 or 2021? probably not.
Reply/Quote
Maybe in a different division, but it's going to take 10+ wins to make it from the AFCN
Reply/Quote
I said yes to be different Cool

Hey. Ya never know
Reply/Quote
I need to know who the one person who voted "yes" is. Cuz we had a good thing going here... The only JN poll that ever was unaminous.

Make your polls public, people. Click the box.
Reply/Quote
You never know in this league. 49ers looked much better 48 hours ago. Injuries can derail a team season in 1 week.
Reply/Quote
I mean who was expecting the playoffs before the season? I think too many people expected Burrow to be the second coming of Christ for this season.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2020, 07:54 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I mean who was expecting the playoffs before the season? I think too many people expected Burrow to be the second coming of Christ for this season.

Seems right.  After a season behind our O-line he'll be playing like a 2,000 year old Jewish man.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2020, 07:54 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I mean who was expecting the playoffs before the season? I think too many people expected Burrow to be the second coming of Christ for this season.

I'd say at least 40% of the board had us going .500 or better.

I can remember quite a few people who predicted 10-6.  I'd dig up the predictions thread but I don't want to pile on anyone.

Fwiw, I had them at 7-9, so it's not like I was far off from them either. If they don't magically fix some problems I have a feeling we'll all be way, way off.
Reply/Quote
61-1 damn
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
the yes person click wrong button in mistake
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2020, 04:53 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: You never know in this league. 49ers looked much better 48 hours ago. Injuries can derail a team season in 1 week.

This team is basically the same 2-14 team from last year with J. Burrow on it lol. Maybe slightly better with an AJ Green who is performing at a percentage of his capacity.
Reply/Quote
Doubt it, especially given both losses are in the AFC; but remember there is an additional spot this year.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote