Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Will the REAL Bengals please stand up?
Roll up 41 on the hated rivals one week, bungle their way to allowing 41 at home the next.

This team could be really good, but they just need to remain focused.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Just so unpredictable from week to week. I hope I'm wrong but the hangover from this loss with all the injuries could linger.
Reply/Quote
Are we sure the REAL Bengals didn’t just step up against the Chargers… I still think the Ravens and Steelers are overhyped. We’re happy to beat them but the Steelers are old and the Ravens are super injured. We put too much weight into those wins because we’ve been so historically bad against them.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 04:50 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Are we sure the REAL Bengals didn’t just step up against the Chargers… I still think the Ravens and Steelers are overhyped. We’re happy to beat them but the Steelers are old and the Ravens are super injured. We put too much weight into those wins because we’ve been so historically bad against them.

I mean that overhyped Ravens team demolished the Chargers. Turnovers are always the game changer. In three of our five losses we turned the ball over way too much.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 04:38 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Roll up 41 on the hated rivals one week, bungle their way to allowing 41 at home the next.

Which team the Rule and which is the exception... We got rolled by the Browns shortly after we rolled the Ravens then We Rolled the Steelers just to get punched out by the chargers...     

What is the key matchup each week that brings success or failure.  or is it a variety pack

If its just lack of focus to you put that on the coaching staff?
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 04:54 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I mean that overhyped Ravens team demolished the Chargers. Turnovers are always the game changer. In three of our five losses we turned the ball over way too much.

That's kind of what I was alluding toward, when I said that they just need to stay focused.  If Mixon doesn't drop the ball, we likely push forward for a go ahead score, and maintain the momentum.  If Chase doesn't bobble away that sure TD, things likely still could have turned for the better.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 04:56 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Which team the Rule and which is the exception... We got rolled by the Browns shortly after we rolled the Ravens then We Rolled the Steelers just to get punched out by the chargers...     

What is the key matchup each week that brings success or failure.  or is it a variety pack

Bengals are an unopened and unlabeled can of food. Could be anything in there.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 04:56 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Which team the Rule and which is the exception... We got rolled by the Browns shortly after we rolled the Ravens then We Rolled the Steelers just to get punched out by the chargers...     

Not sure that blame for lack of focus can be laid at any one individual's feet.  Sure, there were coaching/game management miscues, just the same as there were individual lapses in focus on protecting the ball.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 05:02 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Not sure that blame for lack of focus can be laid at any one individual's feet.  Sure, there were coaching/game management miscues, just the same as there were individual lapses in focus on protecting the ball.

think foots in asses will up focus level... Or the more friendly guy approach?  
Reply/Quote
Division games are so hard to understand without full context from a season. Teams play differently (win or lose) against division rivals. But the inconsistency of this team is also really hard to understand.

Yes, the team has 7 wins, but outside of the 3 division game wins, they haven't beat a team that currently has a record of better than .500 (Raiders). They've also lost to 3 teams with records of .500 (Browns) or below (Bears and Jets).

I'm all over the place with my feelings on the team and their identity at this point. The remainder of the season will be really interesting.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 05:04 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: think foots in asses will up focus level... Or the more friendly guy approach?  

I really don't know.  Traditionally, I've always felt that some firmness from the leadership was good for setting organizational tone, reminding players to stay focused, etc.  However in today's world, you never know who responds better to which approach.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Unlike when the Bengals rolled the Ravens or Steelers the Bengals made a game out of it. Coming back 24 nothing to make it 24-22 and get in field goal range before that fumble.

Man that was heartbreaking.

This team is exciting at least.

Could be worse; they could be boring and they are far from that.
Reply/Quote
They’re an average team with a wide standard deviation. And they’re coached by a grapefruit.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 06:34 PM)motoarch Wrote: Unlike when the Bengals rolled the Ravens or Steelers the Bengals made a game out of it.  Coming back 24 nothing to make it 24-22 and get in field goal range before that fumble.

Man that was heartbreaking.  

This team is exciting at least.

Could be worse; they could be boring and they are far from that.

In 2019, I stopped watching the team after the Steelers game when they went 0-5. I saw enough to know they weren't going to have a chance in hardly any game.
In 2020, I watched the games until Burrow went on IR. You knew the team wasn't going to do much without Burrow.
At least this year is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get. It's refreshing compared to the previous two years.
Regardless of how this year ends, next year is playoffs or bust.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 04:59 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That's kind of what I was alluding toward, when I said that they just need to stay focused.  If Mixon doesn't drop the ball, we likely push forward for a go ahead score, and maintain the momentum.  If Chase doesn't bobble away that sure TD, things likely still could have turned for the better.

I guess thats why they say it's a game of inches.. I don't think I have ever seen this much parity in the league..

I don't think Mixon got the hand off right because of Joe's finger and couple that with Hill and Prince getting completely blown up it was over...
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 04:38 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Roll up 41 on the hated rivals one week, bungle their way to allowing 41 at home the next.

Yep. Focus and experience. As long as they stay healthy, they'll get there at some point. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Ya, they are sort of Schizophrenic team. They were not ready to play or seemed sapped of energy. Hard to watch.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
These are the real Bengals.
They're inconsistent game-to-game.
Their playmakers are all inexperienced for the most part.
Enjoy the growth this year but don't expect to go into any game with a win or loss (except maybe against the Chiefs?)
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 05:00 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Bengals are an unopened and unlabeled can of food. Could be anything in there.

Schrodinger's cat. 

They're both really good and really bad at the same time. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
It almost seems as if they're getting too overconfident and sloppy after some good games. Then they refocus and get some wins after a tough loss or two. Then they get overconfident and sloppy again.

Kind of like their QB during games.
Reply/Quote