Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will the Ravens put the Steelers in the playoffs?
Now that they have the no.1 seed locked up will they sit Jackson and others for the playoffs? Or will they do the noble thing and play to win and keep the hated Steelers out of the playoffs? I hope for the latter but I fear it will be the former.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2019, 11:26 AM)BengalRed Wrote: Now that they have the no.1 seed locked up will they sit Jackson and others for the playoffs? Or will they do the noble thing and play to win  and keep the hated Steelers out of the playoffs? I hope for the latter but I fear it will be the former.

I believe the Steelers are now in a position to need help outside of that particular game even if they win. 
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2019, 11:26 AM)BengalRed Wrote: Now that they have the no.1 seed locked up will they sit Jackson and others for the playoffs? Or will they do the noble thing and play to win  and keep the hated Steelers out of the playoffs? I hope for the latter but I fear it will be the former.

This is true. I even saw that there's a scenario where the Raiders could make it in.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2019, 12:06 PM)BengalRed Wrote: This is true. I even saw that there's a scenario where the Raiders could make it in.

Did you intend to respond to me there instead of to yourself?  Tongue
Reply/Quote

Steelers might lose anyway. Rudolph is out with a shoulder injury and Connor injured a quad and had an MRI today so he might be out too.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
Harball will play everyone including Jackson and beat the Steelers handily. He'll take Jackson out after he gets up by 30. Main division rival. The Steelers offense is pathetic. They have no business in the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
Nevermind. Adam Schefter said Jackson is not playing. The Ravens will still win though.
Reply/Quote
Big Grin 
(12-23-2019, 01:41 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Did you intend to respond to me there instead of to yourself?  Tongue
Agghhh! I meant to respond to you. I participate in other message boards and some have the quote function on top and some on bottom. It's more than my tiny little brain can deduce. Lol.  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2019, 06:29 PM)ballsofsteel Wrote: Nevermind. Adam Schefter said Jackson is not playing. The Ravens will still win though.

Boom! Thanks Ravens. Although if the Bengals were in the same position I wouldn't blame them for sitting the stars. 
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2019, 09:42 PM)BengalRed Wrote: Agghhh! I meant to respond to you. I participate in other message boards and some have the quote function on top and some on bottom. It's more than my tiny little brain can deduce. Lol.  ThumbsUp

No worries.   Smirk
Reply/Quote
Big Grin 
(12-23-2019, 10:26 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: No worries.   Smirk

For a Steelers fan you're a good dude.   ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
The Steelers need the Titans to lose, or beating the Ravens 2nd and 3rd string players won't mean anything. Btw, can the Steelers even beat the Ravens 2nd-3rd stringers? LMAO
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2019, 04:05 AM)E.A. Poe Wrote: The Steelers need the Titans to lose, or beating the Ravens 2nd and 3rd string players won't mean anything. Btw, can the Steelers even beat the Ravens 2nd-3rd stringers?  LMAO

They're pretty banged up.  The D should be able to do its job, especially with Jackson out.  But I think the lack of offensive punch may do them in.  

Whatever happens, they've already exceeded what I thought they'd be capable of after Ben got hurt, so I'm good.  
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2019, 12:13 AM)BengalRed Wrote: For a Steelers fan you're a good dude.   ThumbsUp

ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
Titans have the Texans, so it’s not telling how that game will go.

This is exactly what the Steelers wanted, but for the most part our D will play. They’ll need to capitalize off RGIII making mistakes to win.

I’m taking my buddy who is a Steelers fan and I plan on just having a good time, having a few drinks, and delivering light hearted trash talk no matter what happens.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Two things; I missed the best two minutes of the Bengal's season because I was watching the Jets to make sure they beat the Steelers. Yes, Tennessee deserves the WC spot more, but for all that has gone wrong in Pittsburgh this season it's a real credit to everyone there that they had a winning season.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2019, 02:17 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Titans have the Texans, so it’s not telling how that game will go.

This is exactly what the Steelers wanted, but for the most part our D will play. They’ll need to capitalize off RGIII making mistakes to win.

I’m taking my buddy who is a Steelers fan and I plan on just having a good time, having a few drinks, and delivering light hearted trash talk  no matter what happens.

You mean you're NOT going to act like the Ravens' success makes you a superior human being and pretend that you are somehow clever for merely recounting their accomplishments?  

Weird ....
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2019, 02:53 PM)WiregrassBenGal Wrote: Two things; I missed the best two minutes of the Bengal's season because I was watching the Jets to make sure they beat the Steelers. Yes, Tennessee deserves the WC spot more, but for all that has gone wrong in Pittsburgh this season it's a real credit to everyone there that they had a winning season.

They haven't achieved a winning season yet, but they did avoid the first losing season in Tomlin's 12 year career, which in itself is impressive.  
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2019, 03:00 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: You mean you're NOT going to act like the Ravens' success makes you a superior human being and pretend that you are somehow clever for merely recounting their accomplishments?  

Weird ....

Only the gheys do that. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
The Steelers are such a wreck offensively they'll probably still lose a low scoring snooze fest, 6-3.
And like said above, I don't care. With what they've dealt with for the past 12 months, I think 8-8 is a huge accomplishment. As much as I'd like to see them win, I think Tennessee is more deserving of the 6 seed and can actually win a playoff game. The Steelers would be just like a 3rd preseason game to whoever they'd play....starters can play just the first 1/2 to get the lead, and the back ups could hold it down for the win in the second 1/2.
Reply/Quote