Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will the local media finally stop sucking up to Marvin?
I seriously doubly it. Ken Broo and the rest have painted themselves into a corner where they cannot say anything critical of Marvin. Broo is incredibly bright, but I recognized the that Marvin was a chronic underachiever at least 7 years ago. Broo still loves him. To this day. What's up with these guys? Are they incapable of recognizing reality? Or simply shameless suck ups?
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 01:45 PM)Antares Wrote: I seriously doubly it. Ken Broo and the rest have painted themselves into a corner where they cannot say anything critical of Marvin. Broo is incredibly bright, but I recognized the that Marvin was a chronic underachiever at least 7 years ago. Broo still loves him. To this day. What's up with these guys? Are they incapable of recognizing reality? Or simply shameless suck ups?

Maybe they like Marvin the guy and they give him slack because of it.  Maybe if a guy does go after Marv, he's asked not to come back to the next one.  They don't exactly rake him over the coals, do they?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Not sure what you're talking about.
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 07:08 PM)jowczarski Wrote: Not sure what you're talking about.

HaHaHa, good one Jim!!!   Ninja
Reply/Quote
Good luck with that. They think the problem with the team is the fan base.
Reply/Quote
I don't know that they're sucking up to him as much as just wanting to get any encounter over with as soon as possible. Marvin acts like a jerk in those pressers. Have you ever listened to those? They're painful, and God help anyone that has to go down to PBS every week and listen to that insufferable asshat give his condescending answers about how no one but him has an inkling as to how the game of football works.

Counting down to New Year's Eve when he hopefully coaches this team for the last damn time.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Not sure what you want the media to do? You want them to berate him, and tell him his answers aren't good enough? What exactly is that going to accomplish? This is a small market, and once you burn that bridge - you're going to be shutdown cold. They should push for answers in a progressional way, but just going off on him like a drunk guy from the cheap seats is not the answer.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote