Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will the offense take a step back
With Jackson moving on? He seemed to really click with dalton and the o and I'm not sure if they can find another coordinator on his level.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 05:57 PM)Run through the jungle Wrote: With Jackson moving on?  He seemed to really click with dalton and the o and I'm not sure if they can find another coordinator on his level.

I don't think so. I think Dalton will be able to command the troops well enough to be successful.

He did poorly his first year with Hue as OC, but I think that was an injury related thing. I think Dalton is a plug and play kind of player, and will do well regardless of scheme.
Reply/Quote
Our running game and offensive line sure could play better...
Reply/Quote
As long as the new OC doesn't change the offense too much and still gives Andy the freedom to audible plays, I don't see Dalton having a tough time adapting.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
I would doubt it, we are returning the nucleus of our offense and should even upgrade a couple of spots in the draft....(i.e. Center)
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 06:00 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: As long as the new OC doesn't change the offense too much and still gives Andy the freedom to audible plays, I don't see Dalton having a tough time adapting.

Bingo.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
If we hire from the outside yes. Only natural. Took Dalton 2 years to get comfortable with Hue. You have to expect a learning curve.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
We see it all the time though when a new coordinator comes in and tries to change things. Hopefully they don't change much. Maybe Ken wisenhunt. He's a good coordinator but not a very good HC. He worked well with rivers in sd.
Reply/Quote
Depends on who is on our team from a players point of view. Losing Marvin Jones would be a bigger loss then say Hue was.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Yes, the offense is going to take a step back because Dalton and the rest of the offense will have to learn a new system. Then, after next year, the 2017 season will be great since the offense will know the system but the OC will leave for a HC job and we'll have to endure it all again.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
It's a bunch of veteran guys with a veteran QB and it probably won't drastically change. For those reasons, it shouldn't. Marvin will not want any big shakeup and why would he?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Have to say, the fact that Dalton is going into his third offensive scheme in six years and has still averaged 10 wins a season over his career is impressive.
Reply/Quote
We have different sets of players with different sets of skills, so they'll be able to adapt to the new coach.

Actually, I'm hoping that we hire someone so good that he can come in and mold a scheme to fit the players' strengths.

And I'm for damn sure going to training camp and telling him that, if he calls a screen from the 5 yard line (or anywhere inside the 10), I'll get medieval on his ass.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 05:59 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I don't think so. I think Dalton will be able to command the troops well enough to be successful.

He did poorly his first year with Hue as OC, but I think that was an injury related thing. I think Dalton is a plug and play kind of player, and will do well regardless of scheme.

I've been saying the same thing for a while now. 
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
I'm a little more concerned with who we hire since Marvin is a defense-oriented HC. Maybe it's not that simple, but that's my take.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 05:57 PM)Run through the jungle Wrote: With Jackson moving on?  He seemed to really click with dalton and the o and I'm not sure if they can find another coordinator on his level.

We will be fine. We will hire someone who uses our strengths and gets the ball to our playmakers more than trying to out cute the other coach with weird formations and tackle eligible throws.
Reply/Quote
The only thing that worries me is if Marvin Jones and/or Mohammad Sanu follow him. Then we might take a step back.
Reply/Quote
I don't think so. Andy's not so young where he still needs continuity in a system.

He's got big expectations to follow up this year and as long as the personnel is there, I don't expect a 2014 drop off.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 07:42 PM)Beaker Wrote: We will be fine. We will hire someone who uses our strengths and gets the ball to our playmakers more than trying to out cute the other coach with weird formations and tackle eligible throws.

Everyone was licking their chops to the cuteness early in the season. I think most of us got tired of it by December.

Hopefully the next coach can bolster the running game, but I feel a lot of the running struggles lie with the Line and Paul Alexander.... so we will see what happens.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 07:49 PM)hitchopottimus Wrote: The only thing that worries me is if Marvin Jones and/or Mohammad Sanu follow him. Then we might take a step back.

I doubt we lose both of them.

Keep Jones at all cost though.
Reply/Quote