Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will the real William Jackson show up?
of all the starters hes the most dissappointing this year.
hes allowed WRs to get on the inside of him in the red zone for TDs.
hes not even trying to gamble on routes.
hes looks timid this year and what swagger he had is non existant.
we cant have our #1 CB looking like a #3 CB with the WR we have to face coming up
Reply/Quote
How much of it is Austin, though?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 10:06 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: How much of it is Austin, though?

Lots, unfortunately. Everyone looks out of position, not just WJ3.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 10:06 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: How much of it is Austin, though?

I'd be willing to bet most of it is on Austin
Reply/Quote
Glad someone said it. Dre has been taking a beatin' on here each week while WJ3 has gotten a free pass. Sanu made him look silly a couple of times today. Better figure it out quick along with rest of the defense.
Reply/Quote
Austin has gotta go. If we can fire the o coordinator why can’t we fire Austin. He’s making our best CB look like poop . The CB are playing way to soft. This guy sucks . Dunlap n Geno look the same but our back seven are awful. Not even a healthy angry Burfict can fix this defense
Reply/Quote
I was calling him out when Ty Hilton was getting the best of him. Atkins is playing unreal so it all cant be Austin with WJax.
I think he read his own hype too much TBH
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 10:33 PM)impactplaya Wrote: I was calling him out when Ty Hilton was getting the best of him. Atkins is playing unreal so it all cant be Austin with WJax.
I think he read his own hype too much TBH

Geno and the line have had plenty of struggles of their own. Panthers ran for 200 yds on us last week.

Reply/Quote
Dennard has been our best CB
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
The whole defense has been ass other the one quarter against the Ravens.
Reply/Quote
It’s the coaching not the players. Austin gotta go. One good quarter out of 16.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 12:35 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: It’s the coaching not the players. Austin gotta go.  One good quarter out of 16.

I am sort of inclined to agree.  Our offense was garbage last season, and we beat Austin's defense down when Detroit came to town.  How is he the guy that comes in to run the D?

Guenther got some hate for being the guy that came in after Mike Zimmer.  God bless Mike Zimmer.  He made defense a strength in Cincinnati for many years, but Paul Guenther did a good job after Zimmer left.  Austin is a regression so far, considering the talent.  Get that soft shit out of here.  

He was advertised as a DB whisperer, but our DBs seem to all look like trash in his scheme.  Bill of goods.
Reply/Quote
It's not just Jackson ! The entire secondary is lost, out of place, in the wrong coverage, and generally confused on way to many plays every game.

The bad play by the LBers and Dline has masked it to a degree but the DB's are right there with them.
Reply/Quote
One would think next week is the week our defense finally shows up and plays a complete game. We have Burfict back and we're facing a miami offense with a bunch of players i know nothing about except for tannehill who is average at best. Im assuming they still have a good defense, so possibly a defensive battle, possibly a blowout by us.

Then, we get the Steelers who could be 1-3-1 if they lose to the 1-3 Falcons. We might get the chance at a knockout punch to the steelers to send them to 1-4-1.
Reply/Quote
Got to think WJIII and the entire defense are much better than they've shown so far this season.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 01:10 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Got to think WJIII and the entire defense are much better than they've shown so far this season.

It's pretty clear that when an entire Defense regresses that its on the coaching.
Reply/Quote
It seems like a lack of communication and getting used to a new system that hurting the defense more than anything else. Guys are not lining up right and in zone it seems that know one knows their responsibility.
I would say more man but our best LBers suck so bad at it that they become a major liability. In all honesty I just want to see more press coverage and better open field tackling.
Maybe move Fej or Shawn Williams into a lB role so we can add more athleticism to the unit.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 10:08 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Lots, unfortunately.  Everyone looks out of position, not just WJ3.

yep, there seems an awful lot of pass plays where after the TD, first down there's a couple of players looking at each other as if to say 'thought he was your guy?"  ....WJax and vigil, Bates and DreK, DreK and Evans,etc.

Looks like they are 3 discrete units out there doing there own thing - DL,LB,DB - rather one joined up defense - got to put that on the Co-ordinator
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 10:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Dennard has been our best CB

Absolutely.  He needs to be extended.  It is odd for me how some are questioning the design of Austin when Dre was just praising his coach about how they are more "free to make plays" and how he loves playing man over zone.  He felt the old scheme was too "robotic". 

Whatever the issue is, it needs addressed.  We can't rely on outscoring teams with 30-plus points every week.  The defense needs to be more aggressive in the short spaces and not be so overly concerned with getting beat over the top.  Ryan didn't throw one ball in to coverage.  The seems borderline impossible when usually rushing just 4.
Reply/Quote
So on the slant TD he looked to be playing outside leverage feeding him into inside help. Vigil looked late trying to get over to help there (still almost dove in front of the ball). Watching it again he gives a free release to the inside, and he is trailing as vigil sits in zone. It seemed like he should have gotten some sort of jam on him based on how tight he was playing him, but it looked like he was running in to help.

Before anyone calls me an apologist, he hard plenty of other bad plays throughout the day that were straight man coverage.
Reply/Quote