Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will the real William Jackson show up?
(10-01-2018, 08:14 AM)Au165 Wrote: So on the slant TD he looked to be playing outside leverage feeding him into inside help. Vigil looked late trying to get over to help there (still almost dove in front of the ball). Watching it again he gives a free release to the inside, and he is trailing as vigil sits in zone. It seemed like he should have gotten some sort of jam on him based on how tight he was playing him, but it looked like he was running in to help.

Before anyone calls me an apologist, he hard plenty of other bad plays throughout the day that were straight man coverage.
Yea that was almost certainly supposed to be a 'bait' play where they trick Ryan into throwing into a waiting Vigil. Was Vigil feigning the blitz or something? He was way late to his zone.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 10:09 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: I'd be willing to bet most of it is on Austin

Not a fan of Austin.  He's our 2018 Zampese.

Obviously his group has no clue what they're doing.  When I saw Julio Jones uncovered on a 3rd and 3 I was yelling at the TV.  Simple run to the first down pitch and catch.  Unacceptable.  It's no wonder they can't get off the field on 3rd down.

Too much potential this season.  His A$$ (Austin) would be on a very short rope if I were in charge.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 08:57 AM)treee Wrote: Yea that was almost certainly supposed to be a 'bait' play where they trick Ryan into throwing into a waiting Vigil. Was Vigil feigning the blitz or something? He was way late to his zone.

There was action on the other side crossing his zone too so I think he just got sucked down. 
Reply/Quote
I've certainly noticed him getting beat at times this season, but he was beat like a drum yesterday. Really disappointing, especially considering Austin was touted as the "DB Whisperer".

Hopefully this defense gets it together because the talent is certainly there.
Reply/Quote