Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will there be riots in Chicago tomorrow?
Authorities have been given until tomorrow to release the video of the police officer shooting Laquan McDonald in Chicago last year. Some people are afraid this will lead to rioting, but I am not so sure. Most riots erupt when people feel that the officer is getting away with killing someone, and that is not what is happening here. In this case not only has the officer been charged with murder, but he was even denied bond.

It is a shame that people are so quick to riot even when everyone tells them that it just makes the situation worse. So it will be interesting to see if people still protest even though the officer has been charged. arrested, and held without bond.
It will also be interesting to see how many people here have an opinion on what the officer did before the evidence comes out.

I guarantee at least one post deflecting any blame from the officer by saying "If the guy had just dropped the knife."
Depends..........What's the latest word on Global Warming?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(11-24-2015, 05:45 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It will also be interesting to see how many people here have an opinion on what the officer did before the evidence comes out.

I guarantee at least one post deflecting any blame from the officer by saying "If the guy had just dropped the knife."

Dont even remember this whole thing..

So a cop shot someone holding a knife? seems possible if you dont comply and are threatening someone with it.
(11-24-2015, 05:58 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Dont even remember this whole thing..

So a cop shot someone holding a knife?  seems possible if you dont comply and are threatening someone with it.

Eight other officers on the scene.  This one officer shows up and starts shooting 30 seconds after he arrived.  The guy with the knife was walking away and apparently none of the other officers thought he was a big enough threat to start shooting.  The shooter fired 16 shots, many of them after the guy was on the ground.
(11-24-2015, 05:52 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Depends..........What's the latest word on Global Warming?

Nothing has changed on that front.

Liberals claim it is happening, human activity is contributing, and we need to do something to address it.

Conservatives are saying it is not happening.....or it is happening but human activity is not contributing......or it is happening, human activity is contributing, but that warmer weather is a good thing.....or it is happening, human activity is contributing, it is a bad thing, but profits are more important saving the planet.

Now that you know, what do you think will happen in Chicago when the video is released?
Chicago is well known as a bastion of peaceful existence and cooler heads prevailing....
(11-24-2015, 06:08 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Chicago is well known as a bastion of peaceful existence and cooler heads prevailing....

They sure kill each other at a high rate, but when it comes to rioting I don't think they are worse than any other city.
(11-24-2015, 05:45 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It will also be interesting to see how many people here have an opinion on what the officer did before the evidence comes out.

Its been a year.  And I thought I read they family got a settlement already?

Anyway I am hoping for no riots.  Peaceful demonstrations, maybe.

One site said he started shoot in less than 30 seconds and, as you noted, the victim was walking away.  Although they also say the victim had PCP in his system.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(11-24-2015, 06:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: They sure kill each other at a high rate, but when it comes to rioting I don't think they are worse than any other city.

Have they really had a chance lately? Well, with all the murdering and such it might be hard to find time to riot
Isn't there riots every day in Chicago?
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
I'm sure black lives matter will stir something up. If they pay al sharpton and Jesse Jackson enough they will come .

hopefilly common sense prevails and no one listens to these hate groups like BLM.
The family has already been paid $5 mil. They are also calling for peace.
As you noted the PO has already been charged, so I don't see any need for anyone to riot to bring attention to the case.
(11-24-2015, 07:59 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I'm sure black lives matter will stir something up.  If they pay al sharpton and Jesse Jackson enough they will come .  

hopefilly common sense prevails and no one listens to these hate groups like BLM.

No reason to come, the video will be disturbing, but the PO has been charged. Now if he gets acquitted, then maybe a riot, but that won't be happening for a while.
(11-24-2015, 08:07 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: No reason to come, the video will be disturbing, but the PO has been charged. Now if he gets acquitted, then maybe a riot, but that won't be happening for a while.

This is what I think.
http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/live/2015/nov/24/chicago-police-video-minneapolis-protest-laquan-mcdonald

May not make it until tomorrow.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(11-24-2015, 06:45 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Isn't there riots every day in Chicago?

I lived in Chicago for years and according to people who have never left the trailer park every day I was murdered by a thug with a gun while I said "Oh WHY must the city disarm me!"  I also worked for the Cubs when they were losing nearly 100 games per season.  Urgh!
Every day people won't riot as the guy is being charged with 1st degree murder. Criminals who want to take advantage of the situation may try, but they need numbers to make it work.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(11-25-2015, 10:51 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Every day people won't riot as the guy is being charged with 1st degree murder.  Criminals who want to take advantage of the situation may try, but they need numbers to make it work.

Our local news called the crowd last night "a couple hundred".  I didn't look to see if it got worse today.

The video certainly seems to show a different story than the police report though.  Glad they charged him.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(11-25-2015, 10:58 AM)GMDino Wrote: Our local news called the crowd last night "a couple hundred".  I didn't look to see if it got worse today.

The video certainly seems to show a different story than the police report though.  Glad they charged him.

That was the test crowd to see if people would go nuts on social media . Then soros sends in hos paid protestors to loot and destroy.