Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will we see players kneel?
A statement from Rooney in his letter to the fans:

The intentions of Steelers players were to stay out of the business of making political statement by not taking the field.

Um Mr. Rooney....then stand for the Anthem.

Standing for the Anthem is not being political. It never was. It is what leftists and their fake cries of racism have turned it into.

Stupid, but not quite as stupid as his father thanking that POS Obama for the Steelers Super Bowl victory on national TV.
(09-27-2017, 08:37 AM)Vlad Wrote: A statement from Rooney in his letter to the fans:

The intentions of Steelers players were to stay out of the business of making political statement by not taking the field.

Standing for the Anthem is not being political. It never was. It is what leftists and their fake cries of racism have turned it into.

Stupid, but not quite as stupid as his father thanking that POS Obama for the Steelers Super Bowl victory on national TV.

Standing for the anthem by NFL teams wasn't even a thing...until 2009.

Kind of like people who think "under god" was always in the pledge.

Or that the National Anthem was the National Anthem....before 1931.

The Steelers *tried* to stay OUT of a political issue created by the POTUS.  they didn't do a very good job of it.

You'll still watch them and the NFL and you won't care to understand the reasons behind what they did, or any other team for that matter, or what Kaepernick did.

And everyone's life will go on.

Thanks.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(09-27-2017, 08:37 AM)Vlad Wrote: A statement from Rooney in his letter to the fans:

Unfortunately, standing for the anthem is making a political statement. It didn't used to be. Used to it was showing patriotism or at the very least respect for state or military.

Now, thanks to trump, it's a political issue. When he randomly calls out and insults people who don't do what he thinks is right, it made it political.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(09-27-2017, 08:42 AM)Benton Wrote: Unfortunately, standing for the anthem is making a political statement. It didn't used to be. Used to it was showing patriotism or at the very least respect for state or military.

Now, thanks to trump, it's a political issue. When he randomly calls out and insults people who don't do what he thinks is right, it made it political.

Well then you're in agreement with with me, except you're blaming the wrong person for starting this shit.

Does an ex-49er named Kaepernick ring a bell?
(09-27-2017, 09:10 AM)Vlad Wrote: Well then you're in agreement with with me, except you're blaming the wrong person for starting this shit.

Recall that ex-49er named Kaepernick?

Trump needs to tell his fanclub to stop booing and carrying on during the National Anthem.  That is obnoxious and disrespectful to veterans.
(09-27-2017, 09:10 AM)Vlad Wrote: Well then you're in agreement with with me, except you're blaming the wrong person for starting this shit.

Does an ex-49er named Kaepernick ring a bell?

What is it we get told about the neo-fascist bigots? That we should just ignore them and they will go away, right? Same principle.
(09-27-2017, 08:42 AM)Benton Wrote: Unfortunately, standing for the anthem is making a political statement. It didn't used to be. Used to it was showing patriotism or at the very least respect for state or military.

Hell the way folks are spinning kneeling; it will soon be un-American to stand for the Anthem.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(09-27-2017, 09:16 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: What is it we get told about the neo-fascist bigots? That we should just ignore them and they will go away, right? Same principle.

Right, just go ahead and deflect to an urelated issue. As if confronting these people with violence will make them go away.

And kneeling for the anthem does what good?
(09-27-2017, 11:01 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Hell the way folks are spinning kneeling; it will soon be un-American to stand for the Anthem.

Okey dokey.
No matter the issue, there is no line to cross in liberalism.  Anything goes if it makes them feel good about their uppity selves.

Men that think they are women should be allowed to use the little girls room, yeah why not. Look at how compassionate I am.
Engaging in violence believing it is their right.
Kneeling for anthem is crossing the line when on a day when we on both sides should all be united to watch a football game without having to have politics shoved in your face.
Thanks liberals, you've done it again.

Jim Brown said it best ...you wanna play football then play football, you wanna be an activist go be an activist. (paraphrased)
(09-27-2017, 11:01 AM)Vlad Wrote: Right, just go ahead and deflect to an urelated issue. As if confronting these people with violence will make them go away.

And kneeling for the anthem does what good?

It's not a deflection or unrelated. The left has been told by the right to ignore the demonstrations by bigots on the right because not giving them the attention and not causing a controversy over it will cause them to go away. Could the same logic not be applied to this situation? The violent part you bring up is the deflection, take that out of the equation. Peaceful counter-protesters have been told to ignore the bigots. One can easily apply the same logic to this scenario and tell you, and all of the others offended by the protests of these athletes to just ignore them, stop giving them the attention, and it will go away
(09-27-2017, 11:19 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: It's not a deflection or unrelated.

Of course it is.

(09-27-2017, 12:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Of course it is.

There were a number of posters on this forum that blamed peaceful protesters for making the movement of neo-fascist bigots more important by paying attention to them and counter-protesting them. This idea of blaming those paying attention to the demonstrations for the rise of the movement was merely what I was mimicking in response to Vlad's post blaming Kaepernick for starting the controversy. Applying the same logic laid out by those individuals that blamed counter-protesters against the bigots for inflating their cause, we can lay the blame at Trump's feet for doing the same.

That is not a deflection, it is not irrelevant. It is the exact same logic espoused from one situation and being applied to another.
(09-26-2017, 10:28 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Standing.   Then I saw where it was that hot mess.    

The only response for this anthem stuff is either all standing or locked arms and standing.  

Still amazes me how they are letting Trump win this stuff.   Every time these guys kneel it just is another donation for trumps re-election campaign.

I thought they did stand for the anthem?
(09-27-2017, 12:22 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: There were a number of posters on this forum that blamed peaceful protesters for making the movement of neo-fascist bigots more important by paying attention to them and counter-protesting them. This idea of blaming those paying attention to the demonstrations for the rise of the movement was merely what I was mimicking in response to Vlad's post blaming Kaepernick for starting the controversy. Applying the same logic laid out by those individuals that blamed counter-protesters against the bigots for inflating their cause, we can lay the blame at Trump's feet for doing the same.

That is not a deflection, it is not irrelevant. It is the exact same logic espoused from one situation and being applied to another.
Okey Dokey

(09-27-2017, 12:49 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: I thought they did stand for the anthem?

They did.  But there can't be faux outrage without a little cognitive dissonance.
(09-27-2017, 01:17 PM)GMDino Wrote: They did.  But there can't be faux outrage without a little cognitive dissonance.

Sooo.....I guess people aren't really upset whether or not they stand for the anthem.  They just dislike any manor of protesting of perceived injustices?
(09-27-2017, 02:50 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: Sooo.....I guess people aren't really upset whether or not they stand for the anthem.  They just dislike any manor of protesting of perceived injustices?

I think there is a range of reasons people are "upset".  How many are legit and how many are just a manifestation of their prejudices and biases I can't tell you.
(09-27-2017, 02:56 PM)GMDino Wrote: I think there is a range of reasons people are "upset".  How many are legit and how many are just a manifestation of their prejudices and biases I can't tell you.

I get what you're saying.  I guess my point is that those bitching about those protesting during the anthem would be bitching even if they were protesting outside the anthem.  Like you said I guess some people need "safe spaces"  Mellow
(09-27-2017, 02:50 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: Sooo.....I guess people aren't really upset whether or not they stand for the anthem.  They just dislike any manor of protesting of perceived injustices?

I can see why people would dislike protests at sporting events. I might not agree with those people, but it is understandable. It's more likely that people are upset with the cause and then spin a false narrative about "protesting the flag/anthem" even though it has nothing to do with either.

That said, it is amusing to see rightists all triggered over taking a knee. Whether it's before or during or after the anthem.