Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will we see players kneel?
(10-17-2017, 12:07 AM)GMDino Wrote: http://dailysnark.com/urban-meyers-wife-compared-colin-kaepernicks-decision-kneel-aaron-hernandezs-decision-murder/

You mean she would rather have Tim, whom she knows personally, as well as knows his family. I can’t believe she would rather go with the guy who legitimized her husband’s coaching career On the largest stage.

This is weak even by your standards.
(10-17-2017, 12:07 AM)GMDino Wrote: http://dailysnark.com/urban-meyers-wife-compared-colin-kaepernicks-decision-kneel-aaron-hernandezs-decision-murder/

Eh, I'm not seeing a comparison.

Someone else referenced Hernandez. She was just responding. What was the correct response? "Aaron didn't make his choices. He was forced to commit murder by a capitalistic society and their pursuit of Muscle Milk"?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-17-2017, 03:07 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: You mean she would rather have Tim, whom she knows personally, as well as knows his family.   I can’t believe she would rather go with the guy who legitimized her husband’s coaching career On the largest stage.

This is weak even by your standards.

Thanks for ignoring the rest of the post.

As to TT he was an awful QB.  In no way shape or form better than Kaepernick.

Tebow was barely a QB in the NFL.

Weak indeed.

Something tells me there are other reason other than his college play that make her think he's "clearly" the better choice.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(10-17-2017, 03:13 PM)Benton Wrote: Eh, I'm not seeing a comparison.

Someone else referenced Hernandez. She was just responding. What was the correct response? "Aaron didn't make his choices. He was forced to commit murder by a capitalistic society and their pursuit of Muscle Milk"?

I'm seeing a coach's wife espousing her opinions on a player in the league and the coach won't have to answer for it versus the girlfriend of a former player espousing her opinions and being blamed for her boyfriend not playing.

I mean she COULD have said there is a difference between being a murderer and peacefully protesting.  But something tells me she had motives for not saying that and allowing the comparison to stand.
[Image: 22552679_2071888149488819_33559520719354...e=5A7B3702]
https://www.sbnation.com/mlb/2017/10/25/16550392/bruce-maxwell-as-catcher-denied-service-restaurant-trump-waiter

Quote:Bruce Maxwell, A’s catcher that kneeled for anthem, denied service in hometown restaurant

[Image: 853141560.0.jpg]Photo by Thearon W. Henderson/Getty Images
Bruce Maxwell, a catcher for the A’s, made the decision earlier this year to kneel during the national anthem.
He received some backlash at the time, but also received support from fans in Oakland in the games after he made the demonstration.

That support isn’t universal though, as now a waiter in Maxwell’s hometown in Alabama refused to serve him on a recent trip home. 
According to a statement to TMZ Sports, Maxwell was home in Huntsville, Ala. having lunch with a local city councilman when he was refused service by the restaurant’s waiter.

According to Maxwell, the waiter asked for IDs when they were ordering drinks told the incident went down as such:

Quote:“He goes, ‘I voted for Trump, and I stand for everything he stands for.’ And I was like, ‘Oh, really?’ And our councilman went and got their manager and had some words with him and took him off of our table and put us another person on our table. That’s where I’m from.”

The Washington Post reports that the councilman, Devyn Keith, and Maxwell both decided not to identify the restaurant out of respect to the local businesses, with Keith saying, “I believe in the fact that this was an idiot doing a stupid thing than a small business doing something wrong.”

Huntsville was the location of a Trump rally where he made comments about NFL players kneeling, after which Maxwell made the decision to do the same himself.

Maxwell further commented on the situation on Twitter on Tuesday evening.

Quote:[/url]

[url=https://twitter.com/bruu_truu13] Follow

[Image: 4OwXmZBK_normal.jpg]Bruce T Maxwell 

@bruu_truu13
So he’s exercising his first amendment rights when he racially profiled myself and my boys, but us peacefully protesting isn’t? [Image: 1f914.png][Image: 1f914.png]
6:50 PM - Oct 24, 2017

The good news is that Maxwell and Keith got a new server after bringing up the situation to management, so their experience at the restaurant wasn’t irredeemable
(10-25-2017, 10:55 PM)GMDino Wrote: https://www.sbnation.com/mlb/2017/10/25/16550392/bruce-maxwell-as-catcher-denied-service-restaurant-trump-waiter

Server exercised their first amendment rights, amirite?
(09-28-2017, 04:56 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Let's wait for GM's response, it'll either be a gif or another "source"  Either way it will be amusing.

And a meme it is.  lol

(10-18-2017, 12:19 AM)GMDino Wrote: [Image: 22552679_2071888149488819_33559520719354...e=5A7B3702]
(10-26-2017, 12:31 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Server exercised their first amendment rights, amirite?

Except it was at work which, as I understand it, is different.

But I guess his boss allowed it so it's cool...amirite?
(10-26-2017, 08:39 AM)Vlad Wrote: And a meme it is.  lol

So you skipped nine other posts to try and make Joe and yourself look smart?

Cool.
(10-26-2017, 09:00 AM)GMDino Wrote: Except it was at work which, as I understand it, is different.

But I guess his boss allowed it so it's cool...amirite?

Sure.  The boss apparently doesn't care about running a successful business, but sure.
(10-26-2017, 09:03 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Sure.  The boss apparently doesn't care about running a successful business, but sure.

So, yes.

Thanks.
(10-26-2017, 09:23 AM)GMDino Wrote: So, yes.

Thanks.

No, not just yes.  I typed exactly what I intended.  I understand your need for simple yes or no answers, more complicated answers can cause mental stress.
(10-26-2017, 09:02 AM)GMDino Wrote: So you skipped nine other posts to try and make Joe and yourself look smart?

Cool.

"Skipped"?  Why of course, atop your perch of liberal superiority you also must be clairvoyant.

Btw ...what happened to this post of yours?

GMDino Wrote: [url=http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Will-we-see-players-kneel?pid=438598#pid438598][/url]the POTUS needs be more careful how he says things.

Gee, I wonder how it got deleted.

So you post an inane gotcha meme knowing full well Trump can be a thoughtless (not thinking things through) buffoon when he speaks...but then comes the time when you take his words very very seriously just so you can bash him.

Someone around here said something about being disingenious...was that you too?

Trump an outspoken and staunch suppoter of our police, troops, veterans, and America like no one before him.
(10-26-2017, 09:43 AM)Vlad Wrote: Trump an outspoken and staunch suppoter of our police, troops, veterans, and America like no one before him.

[Image: laughing-gifs-foolish-human.gif]
(10-26-2017, 09:26 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: No, not just yes.  I typed exactly what I intended.  I understand your need for simple yes or no answers, more complicated answers can cause mental stress.

Oh, I'm aware there was a word salad to avoid just saying yes and admitting I was right.
(10-26-2017, 09:43 AM)Vlad Wrote:  "Skipped"?  Why of course, atop your perch of liberal superiority you also must be clairvoyant.

Btw ...what happened to this post of yours?

GMDino Wrote: [url=http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Will-we-see-players-kneel?pid=438598#pid438598][/url]the POTUS needs be more careful how he says things.

Gee, I wonder how it got deleted.

So you post inane meme knowing full well Trump can be thoughtless buffoon when he speaks...but then comes the time when you take his words
seriously just so you can bash him.

Someone around here said something about being disingenious...was that you too?

Trump an outspoken and staunch suppoter of our police, troops, veterans, and America like no one before him.

1) Yes "skipped".  Between when Joe predicted I would post a meme and actually posting one I posted 9 different times in relation to the thread.

2) I don't know what the post that got deleted is about.  Did I post it and delete it or was it taken down?  Seriously...I have no idea.  But the POTUS does have to be careful how he says things.  Anyone in power does.  It's called thinking before you speak.

The rest seems like just angry ramblings.
(10-26-2017, 09:54 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: [Image: laughing-gifs-foolish-human.gif]

(10-26-2017, 10:00 AM)GMDino Wrote: Oh, I'm aware there was a word salad to avoid just saying yes and admitting I was right.

I don't think you're aware of much, as I was correct and you were not.  The server, according to your logic, was exercising their first amendment rights, I pointed this out.  You clearly had issue with this, hence your posting of the article that prompted my observation.  The server's boss removed the server from the situation, preventing said server from further exercising their rights, again according to your logic. So, when you stated that his boss "allowed it" to occur at work you were incorrect, as usual.  Your attempts to appear semi-intelligent are always amusing to me though, so they do serve a purpose.
(10-26-2017, 12:46 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I don't think you're aware of much, as I was correct and you were not.  The server, according to your logic, was exercising their first amendment rights, I pointed this out.  You clearly had issue with this, hence your posting of the article that prompted my observation.  The server's boss removed the server from the situation, preventing said server from further exercising their rights, again according to your logic. So, when you stated that his boss "allowed it" to occur at work you were incorrect, as usual.  Your attempts to appear semi-intelligent are always amusing to me though, so they do serve a purpose.

I suppose I should just let you continue to believe you are always right and know exactly what others are thinking.  It is kind of fun to watch the word-vomit that is produced.

But since I have a second:

I shared an article that showed how players are affected by their stance...even in their home town.  I do disagree with someone refusing service purely because of politics...not because they exercised their right free speech.  It wasn't me who even brought up free speech (go look).  The owner decided that the waiter should not serve that person and didn't fire him or punish him (according to the story) so he was "cool with it".  Perhaps in your in depth analysis into my mind you missed the point that this is just like the NFL not punishing players?  Yes he gave the customer a different waiter.  Maybe that's how he runs a "successful business"?  

But when you answered :

[Image: sure.jpg]

You acknowledge that the boss was cool with it...pseudo intellectual paragraph to try and spin it to you being right and me being wrong again in response aside.

Anyway Joe...have at dissecting my every thought and word!  I'm cool with it.

Rock On