Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
William Jackson III In Elite Company
Kind of a cool stat I just saw tweeted, he allowed the fewest yards among CBs this year who had at least 350 snaps. His snap count was more than Gains and only about 50 less than Talib too so it wasn't a matter of not being out there.

[Image: DWbKIdyXUAAYAMY.jpg]
Reply/Quote
This can't be possible. Jackson did not play as a rookie so he is a bust/
Reply/Quote
He prob still wont start next year.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2018, 05:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This can't be possible.  Jackson did not play as a rookie so he is a bust/

Playing time is not an option when on IR. You know this, stop trying to make it sound comparable to other Players situations.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2018, 05:41 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: He prob still wont start next year.

Doesn't matter that much.  He usually played more snaps than Adam anyway.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2018, 05:52 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: You know this, stop trying to make it sound comparable to other Players situations.

Stop pretending that people were not calling Jackson a bust and a "wasted pick" after his first season.

You were here.  You know better.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2018, 05:52 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Playing time is not an option when on IR. You know this, stop trying to make it sound comparable to other Players situations.

Like our LT who was hurt?
Or Dre who was Hurt?
or Dennard who was hurt?
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2018, 05:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Stop pretending that people were not calling Jackson a bust and a "wasted pick" after his first season.

Bullshit.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(02-20-2018, 05:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This can't be possible.  Jackson did not play as a rookie so he is a bust/

:troll:
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

He'll be behind Pac-man, wait and see.
Reply/Quote
Have said all along he is a shut down corner.

He got two interference calls early in year that were bull that showed his eliteness immediately.

What took Marvin so long to get him more time I do not get.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2018, 03:47 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Have said all along he is a shut down corner.

He got two interference calls early in year that were bull and showed his eliteness immediately.

What took Marvin so long to get him more time I do not get.

Absolutely agree.  And I have been in his corner all along. His injury was unfortunate in his rookie year, but he is on his way to being elite. 
Reply/Quote

He missed the whole season with an injury, that's different. And he was ready to come off IR, but the team brought back Ced Peerman instead to most people's surprise.

Ross and Ogbuehi on the other hand, while being injured a lot, still never delivered when healthy as rookies. A different case altogether.

(02-20-2018, 06:01 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Like our LT who was hurt?
Or Dre who was Hurt?
or Dennard who was hurt?

LT Ogbuehi didn't go on IR until the last couple of games his rookie year. Yes, he started the year on the PuP list and wasn't active much as a rookie, but he's sucked all along.

Dre never did develop into a top corner. He's not a bust though. He is overpaid and commits too many big penalties and he's probably our 4th best corner. I have him behind Adam Jones.

Dennard, like Jackson, missed his entire rookie year training camp injury.

Our WR couldn't get on the field, even when healthy last year. Doesn't make him a bust yet, but he sure hasn't shown  the promise you would expect from the 9th overall pick. When you look at the players we could have selected and who stepped in and help their teams it's enough to make you puke.

Reply/Quote

Ain’t that some BS? Your probably right.

Reply/Quote
(02-20-2018, 05:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Stop pretending that people were not calling Jackson a bust and a "wasted pick" after his first season.

I dont really remember that at all... 
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2018, 06:01 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Like our LT who was hurt?
Or Dre who was Hurt?
or Dennard who was hurt?

2 out of 3 people you just listed are busts. Dre and Ogbuehi are not worthy of their first round picks. 
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2018, 07:05 AM)BengalChris Wrote: He missed the whole season with an injury, that's different. And he was ready to come off IR, but the team brought back Ced Peerman instead to most people's surprise.

Ross and Ogbuehi on the other hand, while being injured a lot, still never delivered when healthy as rookies. A different case altogether.

LT Ogbuehi didn't go on IR until the last couple of games his rookie year. Yes, he started the year on the PuP list and wasn't active much as a rookie, but he's sucked all along.

Dre never did develop into a top corner. He's not a bust though. He is overpaid and commits too many big penalties and he's probably our 4th best corner. I have him behind Adam Jones.

Dennard, like Jackson, missed his entire rookie year training camp injury.

Our WR couldn't get on the field, even when healthy last year. Doesn't make him a bust yet, but he sure hasn't shown  the promise you would expect from the 9th overall pick. When you look at the players we could have selected and who stepped in and help their teams it's enough to make you puke.

I would label Dre a bust. He is literally one of the worst corners in the league. 
Reply/Quote

Come on Fred- very few people called Jackson a bust

I recall he was injured and did not play.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2018, 11:53 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I would label Dre a bust. He is literally one of the worst corners in the league. 

This is very close to the truth.

I recall several reliable experts saying that Dre would be better at safety. Wonder why we have not given that a shot.

He is a pass interference machine and I remember that was predicted in his college scouting reports.
Reply/Quote
Nice to know that there are now VR bust generator programs to turn anyone into a bust.. 
Even Paul Brown is a bust.. 
[Image: pmlqTVvjj]
So is Anthony Munoz..
[Image: pnZuMVgTj]

I know. turrible turrible turrible..  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote