Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
William Jackson III In Elite Company
(02-21-2018, 07:05 AM)BengalChris Wrote: He missed the whole season with an injury, that's different. And he was ready to come off IR, but the team brought back Ced Peerman instead to most people's surprise.

Ross and Ogbuehi on the other hand, while being injured a lot, still never delivered when healthy as rookies. A different case altogether.

LT Ogbuehi didn't go on IR until the last couple of games his rookie year. Yes, he started the year on the PuP list and wasn't active much as a rookie, but he's sucked all along.

Dre never did develop into a top corner. He's not a bust though. He is overpaid and commits too many big penalties and he's probably our 4th best corner. I have him behind Adam Jones.

Dennard, like Jackson, missed his entire rookie year training camp injury.

Our WR couldn't get on the field, even when healthy last year. Doesn't make him a bust yet, but he sure hasn't shown  the promise you would expect from the 9th overall pick. When you look at the players we could have selected and who stepped in and help their teams it's enough to make you puke.

Pretty much ALL of this.  I don't recall people calling him a bust, but I DO recall some folks (myself included) that were pretty miffed we brought back a ST lifer off IR instead of getting the rookie valuable reps in a season that was, for all intents and purposes, over.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2018, 11:49 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I dont really remember that at all... 

I remember a lot of people being pretty excited about drafting him, myself included.
out of WJII and Artie Burns, I think we got the better player.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2018, 01:15 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I remember a lot of people being pretty excited about drafting him, myself included.
out of WJII and Artie Burns, I think we got the better player.

Agreed. I remember people being disappointed that he was hurt and were miffed to why he wasn't playing more than he was when he was healthy, but I dont recall anyone calling him a bust. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Yeah, i heard this stat awhile back. Will Jax should be a stud for us as long as we start him.

Sure hope others are wrong and Will Jax will be our #1 Corner. He is the best without question.

Dennard looked pretty good too when he finally got healthy.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2018, 03:17 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Sure hope others are wrong and Will Jax will be our #1 Corner. He is the best without question.
I agree. Dre K is an overpaid embarrassment and a penalty machine. He reminds me of "The Noid" on the old Domino's pizza commercials. 

[Image: 7jyDP7B.gif]

Reply/Quote
Hilarious

That is hilarious Harley, we ought to trade the Noid and move on...

He is not worth what we are paying him and WJ3, Dennard, Shaw and Russell are all very talented.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2018, 05:03 PM)Au165 Wrote: Kind of a cool stat I just saw tweeted, he allowed the fewest yards among CBs this year who had at least 350 snaps. His snap count was more than Gains and only about 50 less than Talib too so it wasn't a matter of not being out there.

[Image: DWbKIdyXUAAYAMY.jpg]

Not bashing jackson. I think he is a very good cb.  But total yards allowed can be a very deceiving stat.  It neefs to be broken down to yards per target.
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2018, 04:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Not bashing jackson. I think he is a very good cb.  But total yards allowed can be a very deceiving stat.  It neefs to be broken down to yards per target.

I can't seem to find that particular stat on NFL or ESPN sites.  However, I did run across this.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000916398/article/nfls-top-10-cornerbacks-in-2017-aj-bouye-rules-the-roost

Quote:» [b]William Jackson[/b] is an emerging player to watch out for going forward. The Bengals' first-round pick in 2016 played just 301 coverage snaps, so he didn't qualify for the rankings, but he turned in a marvelous 2017 season after missing all of his rookie campaign due to injury. Opposing quarterbacks had a 31.1 passer rating when targeting Jackson in coverage, the lowest among any cornerback in 2017. Jackson did not allow a touchdown all season and just 14 catches total. A player Cincy wasn't counting on to be a starter this past season, Jackson might be the next in line among shutdown NFL corners.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2018, 05:37 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I can't seem to find that particular stat on NFL or ESPN sites.  However, I did run across this.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000916398/article/nfls-top-10-cornerbacks-in-2017-aj-bouye-rules-the-roost

Unfortunately, the Bengals will Draft Jackson III's replacement this draft to give the replacement plenty of time to develop, since TOP shutdown corners get the Mega Bucks.  Mellow

Only 3 years left before Jackson III Mega Bucks, so Mike & Marvin are in prioritize his replacement mode right about now.

O-line can wait. Tongue

Reply/Quote
(02-26-2018, 05:37 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I can't seem to find that particular stat on NFL or ESPN sites.  However, I did run across this.

Great stuff Sunset. Plus i think total yards allowed is more telling than yards per target anyways.

Same with opposing QB rating against him which he was the best.

I know Aaron Rodgers remembers this guy lol
Reply/Quote
He held Antonio Brown to his two worst games of the season as well.
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2018, 08:26 PM)Au165 Wrote: He held Antonio Brown to his two worst games of the season as well.

Awesome. Cool
Reply/Quote