Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
William Jackson III coming off IR?
But, should both be cleared medically, the feeling in the organization is that it will be Jackson III.

The rookie could contribute immediately on special teams and would give defensive coordinator Paul Guenther another corner to deploy if needed as he searches for a second-half spark for his unit.

In his time off, the rookie has been able to build his body in a way most rookies aren’t able to do. Jackson III says he’s added five pounds of muscle, and mentally has stayed sharp by focusing on techniques gleaned from film study.

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2016/11/4/13522992/report-bengals-leaning-toward-william-jackson-iii-receiving-designation-to-return

Awesome news maybe be can overtake oldman Jones
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
Good news. Hopefully things work out and we can bench Jones (can't believe I'm saying that).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Hopefully it can get old man pacman off the field.
Reply/Quote
I hope we get to see Jackson, shaw, and Dennard play this season if we're out of it.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
My friend told me on a podcast they are saying peerman is closer, which doesn't make sense because yesterday Jackson posted a impressive video on instagram of him working out. Saying he feels great. But as much as the Bengals dissapoint me, I'd say marvin will activate peerman. Till I see otherwise.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2016, 04:25 PM)jj22 Wrote: Good news. Hopefully things work out and we can bench Jones (can't believe I'm saying that).

what a difference a year makes
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2016, 05:53 PM)J24 Wrote: I hope we get to see Jackson, shaw, and Dennard  play this season if we're out of it.

we definitely aren't out of it..... especially if the ravens win this sunday.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2016, 05:58 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: we definitely aren't out of it..... especially if the ravens win this sunday.

Hard to believe, but with a win + a Steelers loss = Bengals tied for first place. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2016, 08:39 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Hard to believe, but with a win + a Steelers loss = Bengals tied for first place. 

Bengals don't play so unless i'm missing something, not possible.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
We have a tie plus losing the first Steeler game so no tie unless the Rats and Stealers tie.
Reply/Quote
Great news and could not happen at a better time.

Hopefully the kid is the real deal.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2016, 04:25 PM)jj22 Wrote: Good news. Hopefully things work out and we can bench Jones (can't believe I'm saying that).

Agree,

Jones needs to ride the pine for several reasons
Reply/Quote
I liked him in college. I think he will be a good corner for us..... But I really liked Dennard coming out of college and he hasn't played as well as I thought he would. Hopefully WJ3 is a star player. We really need another one on defense right now.
Reply/Quote
One thing that Willie has that Dennard, Kirkpatrick and Jones don't have is 4.3 speed. He's more like JJoe was in the speed department.

However, in reality, CB is a tough position to come in and get a lot of playing time as a rookie. You have to go all the way back to Hall and JJoe for the last time a rookie corner took the starting spots.

Reply/Quote
(11-04-2016, 09:09 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Bengals don't play so unless i'm missing something, not possible.

True, I was thinking ahead to the Giants game. Man I hate BYE weeks.

(11-04-2016, 09:11 PM)Joelist Wrote: We have a tie plus losing the first Steeler game so no tie unless the Rats and Stealers tie.

I goofed. If the Ravens win, both they and the Steelers will be .500 though. So we'd be right in the thick of things.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2016, 12:31 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: True, I was thinking ahead to the Giants game. Man I hate BYE weeks.

I goofed. If the Ravens win, both they and the Steelers will be .500 though. So we'd be right in the thick of things.

If the Ravens win we control if we go to the playoffs or not because we still play both of them and we would only be .5 games away from being tied for first.

We really need our defense to step up in the second half, because I have a lot of confidence in Dalton/Green/Eifert/Gio putting points on the board. If the defense steps up to what we all know they can be we will be a dominant team again. 
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2016, 01:01 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: If the Ravens win we control if we go to the playoffs or not because we still play both of them and we would only be .5 games away from being tied for first.

We really need our defense to step up in the second half, because I have a lot of confidence in Dalton/Green/Eifert/Gio putting points on the board. If the defense steps up to what we all know they can be we will be a dominant team again. 

Agreed. As bad as the o-line has been, the offense will put points on the board.

If the defense can figure it out, I could see maybe a 9-6-1 finish. If not...
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2016, 05:57 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: My friend told me on a podcast they are saying peerman is closer, which doesn't make sense because yesterday Jackson posted a impressive video on instagram of him working out. Saying he feels great. But as much as the Bengals dissapoint me, I'd say marvin will activate peerman. Till I see otherwise.

Exactly how i see it. Marvin just brought back Gilberry. He is probably clapping his hands right now getting all excited that Peerman will be back. All that veteran leadership around and he wont have to coach so hard or make tough decisions like playing young guys.

Sucks bringing Dansby in to run the strength and conditioning program hasnt worked. Maybe Gilberry coaching up the DL will get us going up front. Peerman would probably get the special teams units coached up. 

Just wish we had coaches to do these jobs.
Reply/Quote

And that is why I voted for him in the other thread...and I can't believe it either. 
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2016, 05:57 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: My friend told me on a podcast they are saying peerman is closer, which doesn't make sense because yesterday Jackson posted a impressive video on instagram of him working out. Saying he feels great. But as much as the Bengals dissapoint me, I'd say marvin will activate peerman. Till I see otherwise.

Peerman can help special teams.  WJIII will allow them to judge whether of not they need to sign Dre K (they do), and what they need to draft next year (RDE).  They need to see what they have with him and Dennard.  And, more importantly, they need to see what they can do in press coverage.  Stop with this ridiculous stupid "don't give up the big play" crap.  For the love of God, the BROWNS moved the ball at will against you.  Every team has or will...make a (&%$)( change!
Reply/Quote