Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
William Jackson III - looking good (with some struggles)
Needless to say, William Jackson III is feeling good about being back on the field - and he's had an eventful first two days of camp. He's had two pick-6s, but has also been schooled on several occasions.

Here's a deep dive into that, as well as how he drew on his past when he almost quit to help get him through IR last year.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2017/07/29/cincinnati-bengals-corner-william-jackson-iii/522582001/
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
I love the quote of Coyle basically dressing him down for getting beat and why. Hope it is a quick study as suggested.

Thanks Jim!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
GREAT READ.

I love that he knows where he came from and that he's fortunate to have this opportunity because it means that he'll never stop trying to improve.

What stood out to me is how fast he is but that he's still getting beat some because he's underestimating the speed of NFL receivers. Let's hope he gets beat a few more times before the season starts to get it out of his system so he never underestimates their speed. Let him face Ross a few times going deep so he gets a little wakeup call.

I do like how he takes chances and he's aggressive because I keep saying that our young secondary needs to be explosive and create turnovers. Hopefully an improved pass rush also helps in that area and vice-versa.
Reply/Quote
Nice read Jim, many thanks for your input. I can't wait to see Jackson III on the field in a live game this pre-season.
Reply/Quote
Thanks!

Yeah, you can definitely see the talent in there for sure. He's made his presence known every day of camp thus far - though he's had his issues. But, what I like is that he's right back in it. He doesn't shy away from anything.
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2017, 08:59 PM)jowczarski Wrote: Needless to say, William Jackson III is feeling good about being back on the field - and he's had an eventful first two days of camp. He's had two pick-6s, but has also been schooled on several occasions.

Here's a deep dive into that, as well as how he drew on his past when he almost quit to help get him through IR last year.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2017/07/29/cincinnati-bengals-corner-william-jackson-iii/522582001/

Great article. I will be down at camp today. I am looking forward to see our CB's battle our WR group. I think they can both be very good and can push each other to get better. The CB who draws AJ Green can learn a ton about how to cover a great WR.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote