Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Williams steps down
https://www.mlb.com/reds/news/dick-williams-resigns-as-reds-president-of-baseball-operations

hmmmmmm.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Wonder where the search leads. The team finished the season strong but got badly exposed in the playoffs in hitting fundamentals as well as baserunning miscues. My take from the playoffs was how A-Rod called them out so many times. I mean, even A-Rod said.....I hit over 600 hr's but even I didn't swing and miss with two strikes and fall on my a## so much.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2020, 11:36 AM)Goalpost Wrote: Wonder where the search leads.  The team finished the season strong but got badly exposed in the playoffs in hitting fundamentals as well as baserunning miscues.  My take from the playoffs was how A-Rod called them out so many times.  I mean, even A-Rod said.....I hit over 600 hr's but even I didn't swing and miss with two strikes and fall on my a## so much.

This DH season did a lot to mask the ineptitude of David Bell . . . his inability to pull his guys aside and say "You really need to go 80% with two strikes . . . try it next time at bat and at batting practice tomorrow." really stands out since we were not bitching about all of his schizoid lineup changes as much this last season.

Watching a Bell led team is taxing but I really hate watching professional baseball players trying to play home run derby in live action.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2020, 04:02 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: This DH season did a lot to mask the ineptitude of David Bell . . . his inability to pull his guys aside and say "You really need to go 80% with two strikes . . . try it next time at bat and at batting practice tomorrow." really stands out since we were not bitching about all of his schizoid lineup changes as much this last season.

Watching a Bell led team is taxing but I really hate watching professional baseball players trying to play home run derby in live action.

It really sucks ! 
Reply/Quote