Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willie Anderson-HOF semi-finalist
I hope Willie makes it and if he does, then the Bengals will have Munoz & Willie in the HoF as OL'ers. Makes sense, we're known as a franchise that builds through the OL. Heh heh heh.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2021, 11:35 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: Be an RT. That’s enough to create doubt. LTs get all the love, and Cincinnati Bengals players have to be visibly dominant to even garner any notice. Willie hardly ever played on prime time, only made the playoffs twice (once with Baltimore), and didn’t even make a Pro Bowl until the Marvin era.

I don’t mean to be a negative ass. Willie Anderson should be a no brainer, and he got one of my Ring of Honor votes. But I have zero faith in the Hall of Fame process. It’s an absolute joke and always has been.

I have a LOT MORE faith in the Tooth Fairy than the HOF process. At least most Bengals fans actually received tooth fairy money as kids..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Not going to happen. Unless they start doing so 15 man inductions for a few years, he never will. A team that gets little respect, along with a position that gets little attention, playing in a generation before modern players and voters with short memories and an extreme back up of talent means he is not going in.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
And in honor of his nomination Willie is Sunday's "Ruler of the Jungle". He looks good in the throne

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Willie deserves to be in there, and honestly deserved first ballot placement.

That said, we know that he won't get the nod over those other names. The Kens and Ike will probably get in as Seniors before any other Bengals except possibly Dillon.
Reply/Quote
Perhaps there should be a minimum for each team to be elected to the HOF. Like one player every 20 years for each team. We would be close to having our 3rd by now.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
I hope he gets in, I just feel bad it's before Ken and Kenny
Reply/Quote