Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals and Joe Burrow agree to a contract.
(07-28-2020, 02:36 PM)Sled21 Wrote: No Fred, I'm not acting like anything. I'm just making a post.

Glad for the Burrow signing.  And man Sled, looks like you made a friend following you around, knocking everything you post.  But anyway, glad we wrapped up our boy!
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2020, 08:56 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Pretty much what I said. While I did not realize his bonus was counted across the length of the contract, I said his numbers will be good in the remaining years. Nowhere in my post did I say anything about the Bengals organization doing anything outstanding. Some people are so touchy about anyone saying anything good about the team I wonder why they are fans.....

You said (paraphrased) "By getting that much up front he won't hurt us on the back end."

I (along with another) simply pointed out that this isn't how it works.  Just because he gets his signing bonus in advance it doesn't mean it takes dollars off the back end of the deal.

If people taking the time to clarify how contracts are structured, and how cap hits work, strikes you as them being "touchy" then I'm not sure you're capable of having a rational discussion about much of what surrounds this team.

I don't appreciate my fanhood being called into question just because I care about the details.  There is nothing negative about factual information.  I even stated at the end of my post that we're in good shape regardless, because of the rookie pay scale.  
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2020, 10:15 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Glad for the Burrow signing.  And man Sled, looks like you made a friend following you around, knocking everything you post.  But anyway, glad we wrapped up our boy!

To be fair, it's pretty easy to follow around a poster that litters the board with crumbs upon crumbs of misinformation. 

Reply/Quote
(07-29-2020, 09:03 AM)OrangeTerrain Wrote: Nowhere did you say the bengals did anything outstanding?

Then your next sentence:

‘ Some people are so touchy about anyone saying anything good about the team’

Hahaha.  They didn’t do anything ‘good’. It’s the structure of all the 1st round, top pick, contracts!

You’re so desperate to applaud them, you’re giving them credit for something that is already set up for all the teams.  Lol

It would be like applauding Kroger’s for having parking spaces at their stores

In a place where silly arguments are practically the norm, this one manages to go to the head of the class.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(07-29-2020, 08:39 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Now that Burrow has signed his contract, how long before Florio, Cowherd, or some other media feminine hygiene product comes out with a rumor that Burrow may opt out of his rookie season.  We all know he won't, but these turds are in some real need of click-bait.

I'm confused, not that I disagree in spirit, but which are they?  A feminine hygiene product or a turd?
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2020, 11:39 AM)bengals1969 Wrote: I'm confused, not that I disagree in spirit, but which are they?  A feminine hygiene product or a turd?

For these two, I would say they are a feminine hygiene product that went in the wrong hole and got crapped on.  So, kind of both?
Reply/Quote