Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Win 2, lose 2 must stop
The pattern of winning two, losing two. We just won two in a row, we can lose two in a row and win the division[described below].

But this pattern needs to stop quickly or chances are we are not making the playoffs unless the scenario below occurs!!!

In the next two games, we will be the underdog as the Chiefs are already 4 point favorites and I am sure the Browns will be favorites at their place.

In fact, going by the oddsmaker in Vegas, it is the current last-place Browns that are favored to win the division as they are favorites at Pittsburgh next Monday Night and I am sure they will be favorites at their place.

If we do lose the next two our only hope to win the division is if ...

Baltimore loses to the Rams and the Rams are favored and Baltimore beats the Steelers in Baltimore after the Steelers have an elimination game against the Browns next Monday Night.

In addition, the Steelers must beat the Browns on Monday night Football.

Summary

If the Bengals lose their next two games then the following is the ONLY way the Bengals win the Division...

Baltimore L  vs Rams
Baltimore W vs Steelers

Steelers W vs Browns
Steelers L vs Ravens

Browns L vs Steelers
Browns W vs Bengals

If we do lose two in a row and make the playoffs, hopefully, we could win two or more in a row in the playoffs.
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Is no one concerned we might lose two in a row?
Reply/Quote
I don’t think there is anything to the win two lose two pattern you mentioned. The team isn’t taking two week vacations. Some of the wins/losses are due to how good the teams we are playing are. Some are because a punt returner can’t catch a damn punt. Some like the Jets are because our defense randomly decided to suck after being great most of the year.

That being said, I’m not overly confident we win either of the last two games. I felt good we’d win the last two after our last loss and said so on here. These next two games don’t give me a great feeling. Not because we won the last two but because of who we play. KC is obviously a very tough team to beat, id think most people on here probably expect a loss.

Cleveland has an amazing run game when it’s working. They ran through our D last time like a hot knife through butter. Our defense was in its slump that game so hopefully it doesn’t happen again but with that running game and guys like Ward and Garrett on D they can be VERY hard to beat when they play well.

Hell they almost beat LV with half the team out and their 3rd string QB. Then almost beat GB while throwing 4 picks. I’m hoping this team comes out and plays great to beat KC this weekend, but I’m not expecting it and certainly won’t bash them for losing to KC.

Last game of the season could very well be for all the marbles and I’d call it 50/50 at that point. I’ve felt for a long time like we somehow make the playoffs. Not sure exactly how it happens but I have a feeling we get in and win a game (don’t want to play the Chargers in the WC though), other than that not overly afraid of any of the teams we’re likely to face in the WC game. I’ll be rooting for the scenario you mentioned below for just that reason….even better a tie between Cle/Pitt this week and a Ravens loss. Think that would seal it up this week even if we lose. Even if it’s unlikely.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 12:20 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I don’t think there is anything to the win two lose two pattern you mentioned. The team isn’t taking two week vacations. Some of the wins/losses are due to how good the teams we are playing are. Some are because a punt returner can’t catch a damn punt. Some like the Jets are because our defense randomly decided to suck after being great most of the year.

That being said, I’m not overly confident we win either of the last two games. I felt good we’d win the last two after our last loss and said so on here. These next two games don’t give me a great feeling. Not because we won the last two but because of who we play. KC is obviously a very tough team to beat, id think most people on here probably expect a loss.

Cleveland has an amazing run game when it’s working. They ran through our D last time like a hot knife through butter. Our defense was in its slump that game so hopefully it doesn’t happen again but with that running game and guys like Ward and Garrett on D they can be VERY hard to beat when they play well.

Hell they almost beat LV with half the team out and their 3rd string QB. Then almost beat GB while throwing 4 picks. I’m hoping this team comes out and plays great to beat KC this weekend, but I’m not expecting it and certainly won’t bash them for losing to KC.

Last game of the season could very well be for all the marbles and I’d call it 50/50 at that point. I’ve felt for a long time like we somehow make the playoffs. Not sure exactly how it happens but I have a feeling we get in and win a game (don’t want to play the Chargers in the WC though), other than that not overly afraid of any of the teams we’re likely to face in the WC game. I’ll be rooting for the scenario you mentioned below for just that reason….even better a tie between Cle/Pitt this week and a Ravens loss. Think that would seal it up this week even if we lose. Even if it’s unlikely.

Thank you for the detailed reply.

I am very worried that we won't beat the Chiefs. And I am more afraid of facing the Browns with the title on the line. 

I will be rooting hard believe it or not for the Steelers to eliminate the Browns Monday night.

I am sorry, please my brothers and sisters don't get me wrong,  but I will laugh my head off if the same Steelers that have been pathetic all year long beats both the Browns[which I hope] and the Ravens[which I don't hope] and "STEALS" the division. Especially after we swept them this year. 
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 12:00 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Is no one concerned we might lose two in a row?

The only thing that could stop the Bengals from winning the division?  YES
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 12:20 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I don’t think there is anything to the win two lose two pattern you mentioned. The team isn’t taking two week vacations. Some of the wins/losses are due to how good the teams we are playing are. Some are because a punt returner can’t catch a damn punt. Some like the Jets are because our defense randomly decided to suck after being great most of the year.
Agree
And I might add the NFL's worst game plan ever when facing the Bears, shouldn't have lost that game !
And I believe now they're finally getting it together. Hoping and praying.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 12:55 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Agree
And I might add the NFL's worst game plan ever when facing the Bears, shouldn't have lost that game !
And I believe now they're finally getting it together. Hoping and praying.

Not to contradict you. 

But we all get excited after every time we win 2 in a row. Hence, the title of this thread win 2, lose 2. And we are not favored for the next two. 
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 12:58 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Not to contradict you. 

But we all get excited after every time we win 2 in a row. Hence, the title of this thread win 2, lose 2. And we are not favored for the next two. 

Oh I know, it's been a rollercoaster for sure. Just hoping the Jeckle and hyde team and coaching has left the building.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 12:58 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Not to contradict you. 

Your point makes sense. This season has been quite the emotional ride of excitement and disappointment, but overall fun. Win 2, Who Dey & then lose 2, fire Zac! I'm keeping my emotional hot takes in check if we lose to the Chiefs since they are next level good. I hope we take it to the Browns.
Reply/Quote
Maybe we lose 2 and squeak into the playoffs and win 2? Ill take that.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 01:02 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Your point makes sense. This season has been quite the emotional ride of excitement and disappointment, but overall fun. Win 2, Who Dey & then lose 2, fire Zac! I'm keeping my emotional hot takes in check if we lose to the Chiefs since they are next level good. I hope we take it to the Browns.

Right

It's not gonna knock my socks off if the Chiefs win. They're a very good football team ! But in the same breath I don't believe for a second we have no chance.

Just have to limit mistakes and play like our asses are on fire the entire game. There is no taking foot off gas.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 01:11 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Right

It's not gonna knock my socks off if the Chiefs win. They're a very good football team ! But in the same breath I don't believe for a second we have no chance.

Just have to limit mistakes and play like our asses are on fire the entire game. There is no taking foot off gas.

Others have already posted this sentiment, but that's the whole premise behind Zac keeping Burrow in and letting him sling the football. Keep the momentum going.

Joe
Reply/Quote
It doesn’t help that we again scored 41 points. What happened the last two times we scored 41? Yep. Two losses in a row. This ain’t looking good. Of course, we could still get in the playoffs as a wildcard at 9-8, but there are way too many variables to even think about that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 12:34 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Thank you for the detailed reply.

I am very worried that we won't beat the Chiefs. And I am more afraid of facing the Browns with the title on the line. 

I will be rooting hard believe it or not for the Steelers to eliminate the Browns Monday night.

I am sorry, please my brothers and sisters don't get me wrong,  but I will laugh my head off if the same Steelers that have been pathetic all year long beats both the Browns[which I hope] and the Ravens[which I don't hope] and "STEALS" the division. Especially after we swept them this year. 

You know normally right now I'd be worried about the KC game, especially after winning 2 straight games because they haven't won a 3rd all season.

The National media starts hyping them up and they lose that 3rd game.  

However, I think things are different right now.  Different being, going into this 3rd game the National media will be saying positives about the Bengals offense/skill positions.   However, you're also going to hear the National media tout KC as the kings of the AFC and there's no 
change the Bengals knock them off.  

I like our chances this weekend against KC probably more so than I do so against Cleveland the last game of the season. 
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 12:00 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Is no one concerned we might lose two in a row?

we could lose 2 in a row and still win the division provided no one else wins their last 2 in the division
Reply/Quote
I wonder if either the Steelers-Ravens or Bengals-Browns would get flexed into a later time slot the final week of the season.
I think a lot depends on what happens this week.

Ravens are eliminated from division crown if they lose this week.
Whoever loses between Browns and Steelers this week is eliminated from division crown too.

I would think Bengals-Browns would be a guaranteed flex game if Bengals lose and Browns win this week, resulting in the winner of Week 17 getting the division crown.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I am excited about the last two games but in reality it would not shock me if they missed the playoffs. I have been a fan for too long to think that they have anything better than a 50/50 chance of getting in. Too many disappointing seasons/games have scarred me.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2021, 03:34 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: I am excited about the last two games but in reality it would not shock me if they missed the playoffs. I have been a fan for too long to think that they have anything better than a 50/50 chance of getting in. Too many disappointing seasons/games have scarred me.

As a former season ticket holder for more than 30 years, I have to say I agree with you. Won’t be surprised at all to miss the playoffs. Then again, I wasn’t expecting to even be in a position for this back at the start of the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Remember if the Stains and Stealers tie we also clinch.
Reply/Quote
With Big Ben last game at home vs. the Browns you gotta think they have more than a punchers chance.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote