Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Win now mode
(05-07-2024, 03:59 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: An injury that historically hasn't stopped Trey from playing could suddenly become unbearable. 

A happy employee is more likely to go above and beyond than a disgruntled one. 

Didn't he just sign a contract extension last year?  If so he sure wasn't disgruntled then.  

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love Trey Hendrickson but this is all about a greedy agent IMO.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2024, 02:01 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: In the NFL your window of opportunity normally isn't open all that long for a myriad of reasons. And we need to be full on into "win now mode". And I agree with two things for sure and on the fence about the 3rd in this article:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/three-offseason-moves-the-bengals-must-make/ar-BB1lYwkC?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=ASTS&cvid=1f510913fe5c48ec8279dd15d00e6d19&ei=6

1. They should renegotiate Trey's contract and bump him up a good bit for these two seasons he's signed for. 13 sack average DE's don't grow on trees.

2. I'm nervous about our RB room, and agree, sign a vet for insurance. Moss isn't all that, don't get me wrong he may well be a decent rotation piece, but. We really are kinda stretching it to be relying on Brown to for sure be a high snap count contributor and be really effective. I hope he can be but I'm not 100% sure? And after them it's Evans whom I have very little hope for and Williams who's barely moves the needle.

So we're one injury away from crappy yards per carry totals...again. And we need to give JB some relief over the long haul. Get it done

3. I'm still kinda on the fence about Tee and a long term contract. I just don't think we can afford it.

And I'll add 4. Get another vet IOL. Our G's especially need some better depth.

It's time NOW !! We're not looking three years down the road or whatever?

The thing about how this team is it is ran now for the long term to keep us in it every year now that Joe Burrow is locked up. Chase will be locked 
up so we have weapons especially with Burton, All and McLachlan added and Tee and Gesicki being here this year.

We needed to get the running game going on Offense and shut down the run on Defense. Trey doesn't help in either area even if he is a great
pass rusher and I agree we should extend him for his pass rush alone. It was his agent's fault going public with trade request crap right before the
Draft now that we know more. Adding Vonn Bell, Rankins, Jackson, Jenkins and better communication and tackling and the Defense should be much
better stopping the run this year. The youth should be much better this year, Battle established himself and Geno Stone should help our pass D.

Adding Zack Moss helps as he just fits what this Offense needed, he is harder to tackle than Mixon, has better balance, vision and was the best RB
running out of the Shotgun last year and is a much better pass protector. Chase Brown should just get better now that he has confidence and with 
his rapid acceleration he really helps out the OL as they don't have to hold their blocks near as long as with Mixon. I would of liked to of added 
another RB in the Draft for sure, hope we add a RB after cuts, do not trust Evans especially and Trayveon is more of a ST'er/leader.

Chase should be the WR extended not Tee IMO.

Agree on IOL add one and add a Corner when necessary and this should put this roster over the top and we should be in win now mode with a 
healthy Joe Burrow and back to being more like that team that beat the 49ers in their place last year.
Reply/Quote
This team just needs to stay healthy but also get off to a better start to the season. Our players need to be ready game one. Our starters need more reps in preseason and pray nobody gets a season ending injury. Can't keep getting off to slow starts and expect to climb back into it. The competition in the AFC north has improved. The Bengals are in can win now mode, just need our play makers to play and stay on the field.
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2024, 03:53 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: If this offense can stay on the field, eat clock and put-up points then the defense should be good enough, I hope.

The best upgrade for this woeful defense is the offense staying healthy and scoring a crap load of points.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(05-08-2024, 08:55 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: Didn't he just sign a contract extension last year?  If so he sure wasn't disgruntled then.  

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love Trey Hendrickson but this is all about a greedy agent IMO.

People can change their minds man. 

I think it's stupid for him to sign an extension and play this type of ball 9 months later too, but the situation is what it is and doesn't change that he might be less inclined to play through pain.
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2024, 06:45 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: They didn’t do plenty. They did bare minimum. They signed 2 safties. Lost one of the best/better run stuffing DT and replaced with rankings. Downgrade. Lost Chido and now we’re starting Turner who wasn’t very good. Didn’t add an edge, and LB play was awful and they did nothing to address it.

If this defense finished bottom 3rd, will anyone really be surprised?

Would you like some whine to go with that cheese?

They did plenty. The safety position is improved. Lbs are probably a push. The dl we will find out about. But I think they’ll be better. I’ll take rankins and the rookies over an oft injured reeder.

Te is better, ol is better. Rb is better. I’ll say wr is better. Qb doesn’t even need mentioning.

Why don’t you enlighten us all on where you think we didn’t improve with this minimal offseason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2024, 12:43 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Would you like some whine to go with that cheese?  

They did plenty.  The safety position is improved.  Lbs are probably a push.  The dl we will find out about.  But I think they’ll be better.  I’ll take rankins and the rookies over an oft injured reeder.

Te is better,  ol is better.  Rb is better.  I’ll say wr is better.  Qb doesn’t even need mentioning.

Why don’t you enlighten us all on where you think we didn’t improve with this minimal offseason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it is cheese to go with that wine, but yeah. Ellprez didn't even mention the fact that Reader might not even play this season in 
mentioning us losing him as a downgrade. At least we have healthy players this year at DT and a pass rusher in Rankins who when called
upon to stop the run for the Jets was great at it. McKinnley Jackson is a lot like DJ Reader, same size, strength combination with a quicker
step in the pass rush. Jenkins could be special with his versatility.

Chido was not near as good last year coming off of injury. Would I have brought Chido back? Of course, but not at that price. DJ Turner 
wasn't near as bad as people say and he will just get better. CTB will get better and bringing back Vonn Bell and adding Geno Stone were 
huge in getting our communication down which was our biggest problem on Defense last year.

Like you say Zoo, we are better in about every way this year.
Reply/Quote
https://youtu.be/abn69638skQ

Check this out. Toughest 2024 schedules.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote