Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Win or Lose it's been quite a trip!
I have a sneaking suspicion that they will pull it off again but either way this team has FAR exceeded expectations and changed the entire narrative and culture around the Bengals. And I think the biggest change is how Burrow and the team just give off that expectation that - you may not know how -they will pull something out of their unnamed nether region to do the job.

I expect that coupled with the last two seasons of big free agent spending the team will no longer have issues attracting A List Free Agents. The main question will be whether said Free Agents are there at the positions we need the boost at.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It blows my mind that the best possible draft pick we've earned is #29 and it could even be something that starts with a 3 even if we lose. I can just imagine all of the off season commentary. You know we're going to be the darlings, especially if we take significant steps towards fixing the oline. Of course, then we have to come back and prove it!

But yeah, amazing season regardless of outcome.
Reply/Quote
One thing that comes into play with late round picks is the ability to enter the trade market for disgruntled players. Trading a 1st is easier when it's pick 29 than pick 9 and often times teams do that to get quality players. That idea carries to picks in all rounds as you can offer a late 3rd for example over another team with an early 4th. The Chiefs did this last year for Orlando Brown, the Rams do this constantly for guys like Ramsey and Stafford, the 49ers did this for Trent Williams. I think our journey may end this week but honestly our ability to improve this team heading into next year may be better than any team left in the playoffs from a cap, need and draft capital situation.
Reply/Quote
It’s not win or lose. It’s a win! But yes it’s been quite a trip that isn’t over yet! Gotta enjoy it while it lasts. At most we have 2 more games to enjoy. And an agonizing 2 weeks between this game and the super bowl.

I agree 100% about FA. Being in the championship game, having tons of cap, and probably most importantly having Burrow will attract some top end talent. Fingers crossed some of that talent is so impressed by burrow they’re willing to take less pay to play here….I know how crazy that sounds, people taking less to play here but if Burrow keeps it up they will. Just like they do to play with Brady.
Reply/Quote
A LONG STRANGE TRIP ITS BEEN...

Grateful Dead! <3
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 03:42 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: It’s not win or lose. It’s a win! But yes it’s been quite a trip that isn’t over yet! Gotta enjoy it while it lasts. At most we have 2 more games to enjoy. And an agonizing 2 weeks between this game and the super bowl.

I agree 100% about FA. Being in the championship game, having tons of cap, and probably most importantly having Burrow will attract some top end talent. Fingers crossed some of that talent is so impressed by burrow they’re willing to take less pay to play here….I know how crazy that sounds, people taking less to play here but if Burrow keeps it up they will. Just like they do to play with Brady.

I hear AB might be available.. Ban
Although it sounds ridiculous wouldn't it be kind of funny if he were to sign with us, gets his shit together the rest of his career and catches more TDs against the squeelers than Chase?  Ain't happening, but it might be some weird karma for them.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 03:56 PM)grampahol Wrote: I hear AB might be available.. Ban
Although it sounds ridiculous wouldn't it be kind of funny if he were to sign with us, gets his shit together the rest of his career and catches more TDs against the squeelers than Chase?  Ain't happening, but it might be some weird karma for them.. 

AB is 33 and chase is 21, I don’t see how AB could “hypothetically” ever make they happen.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 03:27 PM)Joelist Wrote: I have a sneaking suspicion that they will pull it off again but either way this team has FAR exceeded expectations and changed the entire narrative and culture around the Bengals. And I think the biggest change is how Burrow and the team just give off that expectation that - you may not know how -they will pull something out of their unnamed nether region to do the job.

I expect that coupled with the last two seasons of big free agent spending the team will no longer have issues attracting A List Free Agents. The main question will be whether said Free Agents are there at the positions we need the boost at.

Truth, who knows how this will end. I could see us losing to the Chiefs and I could also see us winning the entire thing.

What a ride! Rock On
Reply/Quote
It's been a ride for sure!!!!

I just dont want it to end here, lets get to the Super Bowl boys!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 04:08 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Truth, who knows how this will end. I could see us losing to the Chiefs and I could also see us winning the entire thing.

What a ride! Rock On

It has been a fun ride but now that we're on the Bengals-train of fun, I don't want to be forced off because of a loss against the Chiefs. I want the ride to continue. 

I thought the Bengals would be last place in the AFC North this year and that right about now we'd be discussing our disdain for Zac's '22 return and which OL to draft in the top 5 to 8 picks. I appreciate we won the AFC North and two playoff games. It's made me happy to enjoy this current season, but now I want more. I don't want to lose this week and think, "It was a fun season I didn't expect to have happen." I want a victory over KC and then a Super Bowl win. I want Burrow's legacy to start this season as a Super Bowl winning QB. I'm going to appreciate this team win or lose, but I desperately want the W.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 03:37 PM)Au165 Wrote: One thing that comes into play with late round picks is the ability to enter the trade market for disgruntled players. Trading a 1st is easier when it's pick 29 than pick 9 and often times teams do that to get quality players. That idea carries to picks in all rounds as you can offer a late 3rd for example over another team with an early 4th. The Chiefs did this last year for Orlando Brown, the Rams do this constantly for guys like Ramsey and Stafford, the 49ers did this for Trent Williams. I think our journey may end this week but honestly our ability to improve this team heading into next year may be better than any team left in the playoffs from a cap, need and draft capital situation.

While this is true and more common, it would be something very new to the Bengals. They have the cap space to make a move like this and have shown in the past few seasons now a willingness to do things differently. Just not sure if they are at the place yet to be trading picks for players plus you add in the dynamic of bringing a potentially toxic element into a room that seems to really be good right now. 

Picture what the addition of a toxic guy like Antonio Brown would do to the young WRs on this team in Higgins and Chase. Not sure I'd want that type of influence around the team. There is a lot of young guys and if you bring in a disgruntled player, it needs to be a guy that isn't going to continue that type of attitude in a new environment.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Burrow & Co. isn't traveling all the way to Kansas City just to lose. That's the vibe.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 04:41 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: While this is true and more common, it would be something very new to the Bengals. They have the cap space to make a move like this and have shown in the past few seasons now a willingness to do things differently. Just not sure if they are at the place yet to be trading picks for players plus you add in the dynamic of bringing a potentially toxic element into a room that seems to really be good right now. 

Picture what the addition of a toxic guy like Antonio Brown would do to the young WRs on this team in Higgins and Chase. Not sure I'd want that type of influence around the team. There is a lot of young guys and if you bring in a disgruntled player, it needs to be a guy that isn't going to continue that type of attitude in a new environment.

Zac is pretty careful in who he brings in. He's going to protect the culture. Which is why this season helps out tremendously. We won't have to settle on a FA and we will get to turn a talented player down who carries an attitude or potential disruption. One thing about this team right now is they are having a blast. Having fun is half the victory. There are serious friendships being built in that locker room. 

Reply/Quote
The Bengals have nothing to lose against a team they beat within the last month. The KC team was hot at the time, and Bengals beat them.

This is a different Bengal team. This Bengal team have broke decades of curses. They are divisional champs. They have nothing to lose. KC is a team that has highest expectations and everything to lose. I mean everything.

Bengals will play loose. I think they win this one.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 04:43 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Burrow & Co. isn't traveling all the way to Kansas City just to lose. That's the vibe.

Link?

Just kidding... Cool
Reply/Quote
Who dey or not

GOOD LUCK!!!
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 05:00 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Zac is pretty careful in who he brings in. He's going to protect the culture. Which is why this season helps out tremendously. We won't have to settle on a FA and we will get to turn a talented player down who carries an attitude or potential disruption. One thing about this team right now is they are having a blast. Having fun is half the victory. There are serious friendships being built in that locker room. 

It's weird, he seems very careful for the most part with the players he brings in (still one or two guys I think have cancer potential in them) but he literally hired the worst coach in the world. A guy that was a dirtbag with women and just...not a good dude at all.

It is true, there is no need to settle after this type of a run. It's why I was saying to be careful with trading the pick for a disgruntled type, no need to upset the chemistry. Need to avoid the OBJ's and the diva's and "me first" all about my numbers guys. Get guys that talk team first and don't need to hype themselves or worry about their stats and awards, guys who only care about winning championships.

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 04:41 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: While this is true and more common, it would be something very new to the Bengals. They have the cap space to make a move like this and have shown in the past few seasons now a willingness to do things differently. Just not sure if they are at the place yet to be trading picks for players plus you add in the dynamic of bringing a potentially toxic element into a room that seems to really be good right now. 

You are exactly in that place to do that. You use AB but he was a scrap heap signing. Think more like Trent Williams who was a vet who wanted to go to a contender. Could we have used Trent Williams? Of course. Was he ever going to consider coming here? Nope. So now we are at a point where if the right guy at the right position wanted out to chase a ring we are firmly in the “Buyers” position.
Reply/Quote
Far exceeded my expectations.
I won't be upset if they lose against the Chiefs.
It's incredible to get to AFCCG, especially a season after going 4-11-1.
Winning though would just be absolutely insane!
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 05:17 PM)Au165 Wrote: You are exactly in that place to do that. You use AB but he was a scrap heap signing. Think more like Trent Williams who was a vet who wanted to go to a contender. Could we have used Trent Williams? Of course. Was he ever going to consider coming here? Nope. So now we are at a point where if the right guy at the right position wanted out to chase a ring we are firmly in the “Buyers” position.

Not arguing that Trent Williams would have been a huge help, just stating that this would take another big leap outside the comfort zone for the Bengals as I can't recall the last time (if they ever have) traded a 1st round pick straight up for a player. And, that you have to make sure and go through a thorough vetting process on said player to make sure that they aren't going to bring that negative energy to a young locker-room.

So, while it is certainly something they should look into and could be useful it is something they have never done and needs to be handled correctly. You land a guy with drama and it can break it all down.

Reply/Quote