Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Window closed
(09-25-2016, 08:08 PM)RudiandCorey Wrote: As opposed to a pointing out something factual, I should have just posted that the bengals were going to win out and win the super bowl.

Avoiding reality and hiding from the truth    Cincy pro sports fan two  best skills

And wHat would be your special skill. What significant achievement have you reached?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I killed a possum with a shovel once.

I just bought some new ear cuffs. They're pretty dope.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
Believinati
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 08:25 PM)Whacked Wrote: Same here. 

And we make fun of Cleveland - yet, they have the Indians and Cavaliers. 

This city is a joke in terms of being a sports fan. 

Non-stop never-ending heart break 

Yeah, poor Cleveland has had exponentially more sports success than the queen city over the last 25 years.

It isn't close.  Hell, the tribe have been to two world series and another ALCS
Reply/Quote
I love the "sky is falling" post you see after a tough loss. We will be fine, we win on Thursday with Burfict back, and follow that up October 9th with the return of Eifert and we are back in business 3-2 going into New England.
Reply/Quote
1-2 with 13 games to go ? Not quite the inspired type are you ? Good thing you weren't with Patton as he fought off the Navajo in Grenada.
Reply/Quote
I'm probably one of the harsher critiques this board and even I know the window is not closed. Missing a few key components and loosing key components has exposed the Bengals.

We have been able to overcome the loss of key players and coaches over the pass several years. Now, it finally added up.

Fix the oline, Adjust Andy's mental state, and straighten out the secondary.... We can beat anyone.

Good teams lose games. We will dig ourselves out of this whole starting Thursday.

Reply/Quote
As long as we have Eifert, Dalton, Atkins, Burfict and Green we'll always be alright. Sure, we're adjusting to new personnel so far this year but I'm still optimistic.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 06:54 AM)John Shaft Wrote: 1-2 with 13 games to go ? Not quite the inspired type are you ? Good thing you weren't with Patton as he fought off the Navajo in Grenada.
In the jungle, no one was innocent.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
As much as I hate to admit it, I have to agree with the OP on the "window closed" part.
I think the "window" was LAST YEAR, and Dalton's injury doomed the Bengals.
This year, the team as a whole has gotten worse, and there are no quick fixes.
Maybe things will get better when Burfict and Eifert return, but if not - the window is definitely closed.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 06:35 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: As much as I'm not a fan of this thread... I can't disagree with the OP. Cincy sports haven't been any good since I was born. Sometimes I blame myself... Im sorry everyone

No, it's my fault. If I had just picked my local teams while growing up in New Jersey as my favorite team (Giants/Jets, Mets/Yankees) the Bengals and Reds would have had a lot more success.
Reply/Quote
To be fair though, remember how bad this team looked going into the Giants game back in 2012? They had just lost their fourth in a row only to go 7-1 the rest of the regular season.
Reply/Quote
There are teams out there competing and winning with 3rd STRING QBs and starting backups all over. Yet these thumb suckers are crying about a "window closing". Thirteen games left people ! I really hope the coaches and players don't think that way.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 02:46 PM)John Shaft Wrote: There are teams out there competing and winning with 3rd STRING QBs and starting backups all over. Yet these thumb suckers are crying about a "window closing". Thirteen games left people ! I really hope the coaches and players don't think that way.

The Bengals look awful right now, and the window will eventually close. 

I think they have already passed their chance. 2012-15 was the Run, Just like the Reds from 2010-2013.  

It is starting to unravel,  The loss of the coaching has been the biggest contributor.  Bengals ex-coordinators now account for 10% of league HC positions. 
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 03:54 PM)RudiandCorey Wrote: The Bengals look awful right now, and the window will eventually close. 

I think they have already passed their chance. 2012-15 was the Run, Just like the Reds from 2010-2013.  

It is starting to unravel,  The loss of the coaching has been the biggest contributor.  Bengals ex-coordinators now account for 10% of league HC positions. 

Good, you are banned!
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 05:33 PM)OBX Bengal Wrote: Good, you are banned!

He'll be back, probably as Blake2Pickens2 or some damn thing.  He's back over on the Steeler board bragging about how he fooled the dumb Bengal fans.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 06:10 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: No I just don't like cynical old turds.

Hit the bricks grandpa!
Hey,  careful with this grandpa talk you whippersnapper and STAY OFF MY LAWN darn kids!
I'm 
not real happy with the results of past 20+ years, but oh well. I live in South Carolina where they have signs that say "Go Cocks".. I just don't share the sentiment..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote