Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Winker glad he's gone
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/jesse-winker-takes-shot-at-former-team-after-offseason-trade/ar-AAWyqhN?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=b430fbb9c6f741f08355ace03793448c

I don't blame him
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Makes you miss Marge. She had her flaws but she was a fan of this team.

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2022, 11:35 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/jesse-winker-takes-shot-at-former-team-after-offseason-trade/ar-AAWyqhN?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=b430fbb9c6f741f08355ace03793448c

I don't blame him

Castellanos recently made similar comments. I don't mind the guys speaking up about the team seemingly not having interest in winning.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2022, 11:38 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Makes you miss Marge. She had her flaws but she was a fan of this team.

Right Marge had her issues to say the least. But as you say she was a true fan.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2022, 11:39 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Castellanos recently made similar comments. I don't mind the guys speaking up about the team seemingly not having interest in winning.

Agree

I'm quite sure 162 games is a grind. They're putting their heart and soul in it and the owner's #1 concern is how high the profit margin is.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2022, 12:52 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Agree

I'm quite sure 162 games is a grind. They're putting their heart and soul in it and the owner's #1 concern is how high the profit margin is.

What would Winker know about 162 games, he never played more than 109 in a season.  

He is batting .154, has nothing better to do than run his mouth.  His mouth was an issue while he was in Cincy too.  Glad he is gone. 
Reply/Quote
Winker sounds like he happy to be in Seattle. That's okay, let him get on their injury list for a while.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Seems like the curse of Bo Jackson left the Bengals, but not Cincinnati entirely. And just like in his sports career, he left the NFL for the MLB.

Glad the Bengals seem to have finally changed for the better. Sorry to see the Reds like this. I enjoy going to games despite being more of a Fairweather fan of the MLB, but I can't support this ownership right now. I'm not sure how they come back from the comments that were made on opening day.

EDIT: not to mention they suck. Thanks to their FO.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2022, 07:59 PM)Bengalpool Wrote: Seems like the curse of Bo Jackson left the Bengals, but not Cincinnati entirely. And just like in his sports career, he left the NFL for the MLB.

Glad the Bengals seem to have finally changed for the better. Sorry to see the Reds like this. I enjoy going to games despite being more of a Fairweather fan of the MLB, but I can't support this ownership right now. I'm not sure how they come back from the comments that were made on opening day.

EDIT: not to mention they suck. Thanks to their FO.

Yep

The Reds are a trainwreck into a dumpster fire right now and that's not gonna change anytime soon. Under this ownership, we have no hope.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2022, 08:14 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yep

The Reds are a trainwreck into a dumpster fire right now and that's not gonna change anytime soon. Under this ownership, we have no hope.

Agreed, ownership needs to go. Their approach:

1) Pay one guy a lot of money to keep casual fan interest (Currently Votto, next up India).
2) Nepotism, nepotism, & nepotism with running the team in the front office that trickled down to hiring a manager with Cincinnati connections.
3) Over reliance on the Reds past success: It's sad when they have to market to us the glory days of the Big Red Machine and the '90 team more than the current team. The Reds ownership is stuck hyping past success.
Reply/Quote
Screw the Catillini family.. Go screw with your daddy's rotten fruit Phil. You have zero interest in baseball and I have zero interest in the Reds until you're gone ya schmuck! 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
If you bought a baseball team to make money, then you're not rich enough to own a baseball team. You can make money, but that shouldn't be why you bought the team.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I'm genuinely happy for any player who can get out of this nightmare of a ball club.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2022, 09:37 AM)michaelsean Wrote: If you bought a baseball team to make money, then you're not rich enough to own a baseball team.  You can make money, but that shouldn't  be why you bought the team.

Right
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2022, 11:04 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I'm genuinely happy for any player who can get out of this nightmare of a ball club.

Me too

There's no hope for this team under current ownership.
Reply/Quote
Congrats to Eugenio Suarez for hitting his 200th home run.

Winker hit a double and brought his average up to .225.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote