Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Winker to Seattle

Sell the team, Bob.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
I am once again asking someone to explain this to me in Bengals terminology. It's gotta be better than the last trade.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
Suarez is also part of the deal, from what I'm seeing
Reply/Quote
What a joke…
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Do people still watch the Reds because they are hopeful fans, or is it because there is literally else nothing to do as a fan with memories of long ago successes?
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 06:13 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Do people still watch the Reds because they are hopeful fans, or is it because there is literally else nothing to do as a fan with memories of long ago successes?

I watched them last season almost entirely because of Jonathan India. Seeing Votto have a resurgence was fun, too. Unfortunately it’s now going to be pretty much only those two and Stephenson.

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 06:18 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I watched them last season almost entirely because of Jonathan India. Seeing Votto have a resurgence was fun, too. Unfortunately it’s now going to be pretty much only those two and Stephenson.

Yeah thats a good reason I forgot about. For me the Reds are the main reason I am not into baseball anymore. As a kid I remember watching Johnny Bench play live down at Riverfront his last year here. Then of course the Wire to Wire team was awesome, loved those teams back then with Lou, Sabo, Eric Davis, Tom Browning, etc etc etc. But after that, the Reds just kind of dwindled off. I did watch though when Griffey Jr. came to town, and Deion too. Then I just lost interest.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Sell the team, Bob.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 06:00 PM)Bengalpool Wrote: I am once again asking someone to explain this to me in Bengals terminology. It's gotta be better than the last trade.

The Bengals just gave Tee Higgins and his cheap rookie contract away so that team will take Trae Waynes and his contract from them.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I've been a Reds fan since 1961. This is tough to take.
Reply/Quote
It seems like when the Reds have a sell off, they rarely get a decent return. This was a pure salary dump for three middling to poor players/prospects. I'd be cool with using Winker to unload Suarez's salary, but the likely outcome is that they will not use the saved payroll to improve the 2022 roster.

Bob has to go. He's using this team as his personal cash machine, selling off player assets and slashing payroll to pocket it. He's rich, but he's not competitive baseball owner rich, so he needs to take this saved money to make a profit. He's not cut out for the business. Meanwhile, we get another 4-5 year rebuild and are encouraged to be patient while they rebuild. It's tough to rebuild when the talent you sell off is used to line the owner's pocket rather than accumulate young talent.

Sell the team, Bob. Sell it as soon as you can.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 06:38 PM)samhain Wrote: It seems like when the Reds have a sell off, they rarely get a decent return.  This was a pure salary dump for three middling to poor players/prospects.  I'd be cool with using Winker to unload Suarez's salary, but the likely outcome is that they will not use the saved payroll to improve the 2022 roster.  

Bob has to go.  He's using this team as his personal cash machine, selling off player assets and slashing payroll to pocket it.  He's rich, but he's not competitive baseball owner rich, so he needs to take this saved money to make a profit.  He's not cut out for the business.  Meanwhile, we get another 4-5 year rebuild and are encouraged to be patient while they rebuild.  It's tough to rebuild when the talent you sell off is used to line the owner's pocket rather than accumulate young talent.

Sell the team, Bob.  Sell it as soon as you can.
I wonder if Bob or any of his family will have the nerve to show their faces at GABP? I don't boo our own team but if other people boo them out of the stadium if they come out on the field I wouldn't blame them, and I'm going to the opening game. 
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 06:49 PM)BengalRed Wrote: I wonder if Bob or any of his family will have the nerve to show their faces at GABP? I don't boo our own team but if other people boo them out of the stadium if they come out on the field I wouldn't blame them, and I'm going to the opening game. 

Meh.  I've been to one game since they started the last rebuild.  I used to go to about 10 a year, even in the mediocre to bad Griffey/Dunn seasons. I'm not watching that crap and I'm definitely not paying to get into that place.  

I've supported the Bengals as my predominant lost cause team through good and bad.  I'm not doing it for the Reds for a much longer and more boring stretch of a baseball season.  I'll come back when they are ready to be serious.  

Bob is about to get the Mike Brown urinal cake treatment in this town while Mikey and the fam are next door getting treated like kings.  It's kind of hilarious, really.
Reply/Quote
Gray
Winker
Suarez
Castellanos
Barnhart
Lorenzen
Miley

All gone.

No reason to go to games or try to watch on TV this year.

Another fun fact - Bob Castellini has the lowest net worth of all the MLB owners. Only $400 mill.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 06:32 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: The Bengals just gave Tee Higgins and his cheap rookie contract away so that team will take Trae Waynes and his contract from them.

Except Winker was an All Star so more like trading away one of Chase, Mixon, or Hendrickson.

Reply/Quote
The Reds are not interested in contending this year. We will basically be a AAA club in the major leagues. Salary dumping for the future I guess. Wait when Votto's gone.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 06:00 PM)Bengalpool Wrote: I am once again asking someone to explain this to me in Bengals terminology. It's gotta be better than the last trade.

You're cursing and saying the Bungles suck & you hate Coach Shula, KiJana Carter's injury, Klingler, and Big Daddy being a bust.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 06:32 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: The Bengals just gave Tee Higgins and his cheap rookie contract away so that team will take Trae Waynes and his contract from them.

What in the actual f***

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 07:47 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: You're cursing and saying the Bungles suck & you hate Coach Shula, KiJana Carter's injury, Klingler, and Big Daddy being a bust.

These Red's threads are depressing. I'm only a casual fan, I go to games cause they're fun, but man this shit sucks.

Reply/Quote
Winker will be missed. Suarez was a .198 hitter last year. Neither were great base runners. A combined 1 stolen base from their 900 AB's last year.

I'm trying to imagine the line up if Votto and Moose are dealt because that seems a possibility.
Reply/Quote