Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Winners Loser Day 1 - Greg Rosenthal NFL Network
https://www.nfl.com/news/2021-nfl-draft-day-1-winners-losers-49ers-up-justin-fields-down

I'll just leave this here.
Winners:
Quote:The LSU Bengals: Tackle Penei Sewell was still on the board when the Bengals picked fifth overall, but that doesn't diminish my love of their ultimate selection of LSU receiver Ja'Marr Chase. It's not all about the connection between QB Joe Burrow (last year's No. 1 overall pick) and Chase, his former college teammate, although that doesn't hurt. It's about how special a prospect Chase is.

I'd argue there hasn't been as complete and revered a wideout prospect since Julio Jones in 2011. Sewell is a nice player, too, but he is not at that level, regardless of positional value. And it's not like the Bengals have ignored tackle! They drafted Jonah Williams No. 11 overall in 2019 and signed Riley Reiff, a solid enough NFL starter, this offseason. They will surely add to the offensive line later in a deep draft at the position.

This should be the most exciting Bengals offense since Chad Ochocinco, T.J. Houshmandzadeh and Chris Henry were catching passes from Carson Palmer. Last year's second-round pick, Tee Higgins, is an incredible deep threat and already plays like a star. Tyler Boyd is one of the best slot receivers in the league. I can't think of a more promising young receiver trio.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
That's a surprise isn't often the Bengals get praise from Greg Rosenthal...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 11:41 AM)Stewy Wrote: https://www.nfl.com/news/2021-nfl-draft-day-1-winners-losers-49ers-up-justin-fields-down

Winners:

gonna find out if a college team can beat a pro team after all lol

j/k

Wait Tebow is working out for the jags????
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 01:18 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: gonna find out if a college team can beat a pro team after all lol

j/k

Wait Tebow is working out for the jags????

Yes, Tebow as TE
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 01:22 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Yes, Tebow as TE

why did he wait 10 years lol
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 01:25 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: why did he wait 10 years lol

I never know with him.  Furthermore, what the hell is Meyer doing...
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 11:41 AM)Stewy Wrote: https://www.nfl.com/news/2021-nfl-draft-day-1-winners-losers-49ers-up-justin-fields-down

Winners:

This comment is really a disrespect to the mid-2010's with Green, Jones, Sanu, and Eifert.
They were so much better than some national media were willing to give them credit for all because Dalton was the QB.

I swear, people are giving Taylor way too much faith that he's going to turn this team into some offensive juggernaut just because Chase was added. They are going to have all the talent in the world but still fall short of some people's expectations because of lackluster playcalling.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 01:28 PM)ochocincos Wrote: This comment is really a disrespect to the mid-2010's with Green, Jones, Sanu, and Eifert.
They were so much better than some national media were willing to give them credit for all because Dalton was the QB.

I swear, people are giving Taylor way too much faith that he's going to turn this team into some offensive juggernaut just because Chase was added. They are going to have all the talent in the world but still fall short of some people's expectations because of lackluster playcalling.

if dalton had finished that season... It would have been close to the palmer 05.. Season...    it seems every 10th year we fire it up good lol

Just a little more to go.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 01:27 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I never know with him.  Furthermore, what the hell is Meyer doing...

Honestly no clue. I think getting Etienne in the first was dumb. I lol'ed at the TV.
Reply/Quote
I don't think anyone thinks Chase is a bad prospect. Most have him as a top 2-5 guy in this draft. The issue is simply the low level of talent on the line.

And, like it or not, nearly all of the great teams have outstanding O-lines.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 03:05 PM)northernbengal Wrote: Honestly no clue. I think getting Etienne in the first was dumb. I lol'ed at the TV.

they still got first pick tonight though so they can right the ship a bit.
Reply/Quote
High praise from Rosenthal, wild.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 12:15 PM)Synric Wrote: That's a surprise isn't often the Bengals get praise from Greg Rosenthal...

Yeah. Pretty shocking actually.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 01:28 PM)ochocincos Wrote: This comment is really a disrespect to the mid-2010's with Green, Jones, Sanu, and Eifert.

This is what I'm still afraid of.
Reply/Quote

Winners:

Quote:Last year's second-round pick, Tee Higgins, is an incredible deep threat 

That take slightly diminishes his credibility, as Higgins was not a great deep threat at all in his rookie year. We drafted Chase specifically to fix that problem, after all.

That said, I appreciate the love from NFL.com. Props to them for not going nuts that we passed on Sewell.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2021, 12:35 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: That take slightly diminishes his credibility, as Higgins was not a great deep threat at all in his rookie year. We drafted Chase specifically to fix that problem, after all.

That said, I appreciate the love from NFL.com. Props to them for not going nuts that we passed on Sewell.

HEY HE usually hates us.  Take what you can get.  hehe
Reply/Quote