Hill. Bates
Carter. Shelvin
Free agent/Cuts Backup Tackles
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2022, 12:03 AM)Joelist Wrote: Winners:

Carter, Gunther, Dax Hill, both QBs not named Allen

Losers:

Prince, Adeniji, Moss, Allen, all the reserve DBs.

You thought Browning played well?  
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2022, 01:19 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: And that's a fact.

Seeing the usuals on Twitter absolutely shit on him, but PRAISE Volson who was just as, "shitty," (save for the penalty) was quite disheartening: communication sucked for both units tonight and that was the main cause of any issues.

Put Carman next to Karras and Jonah, instead of Prince/Adeniji and Hill, then we'll see. Same for Volson; put him with quality guys and then we can have a discussion.

That being said, the Carman hold was ill-timed and he did get pushed back on 2 plays from what I saw, from being too high. Otherwise, he was fine and showed his usual good strength on a few plays.

Volson handled the bullrush very well and didn't give up any ground. Drive blocking on runs, he broke through and did well. Moving laterally, he was awful and his men were able to sneak through when running on angles and twice they ran around him to almost sack the QB.

They need to play with the starters before anything.

Also, people bagging on Moss? Even 'zerker/Royle said that those were 2 hard-luck penalties and could've gone either way (ESPECIALLY the second one). And he doesn't like the guy AT ALL lol.

He looked good in the pass game and got open a bunch, though I wasn't able to watch his blocking, so not sure how he did there.

No doubt.  He was blocking the guy so well they threw a flag.  Total BS call.  It is preseason for the refs, too, and someone will be admonished for that in their meetings. 

I don't get the hate for this guy.  I'm sure his dad has enough money to give him a solid life, but he continues to work and obviously loves the game.  He has had some tough-luck injuries but, as you said, usually GETS OPEN AND CATCHES THE BALL.  This, on a team that saw Wilcox injured, and Sample is also injured.  I think he might also have some good chemistry with Joe.  

Here's to him proving the haters wrong and making big strides this year.  Pulling for the kid.  
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2022, 09:02 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: No doubt.  He was blocking the guy so well they threw a flag.  Total BS call.  It is preseason for the refs, too, and someone will be admonished for that in their meetings. 

I don't get the hate for this guy.  I'm sure his dad has enough money to give him a solid life, but he continues to work and obviously loves the game.  He has had some tough-luck injuries but, as you said, usually GETS OPEN AND CATCHES THE BALL.  This, on a team that saw Wilcox injured, and Sample is also injured.  I think he might also have some good chemistry with Joe.  

Here's to him proving the haters wrong and making big strides this year.  Pulling for the kid.  

He played ok and will get more reps with the injuries.  I think part of the back and forth is also people that made him out to be a great addition to the team just because he played at LSU without seeing any real NFL play by him.. that seem to start the back and forth on here.  So now that Joe is out, he has to show it with other QBs and on the line blocking to make this team not the idea "Well just wait till he plays with Joe".. i don;t see that as "hate" just as a fair analysis of what he needs to do to make the team.
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2022, 02:06 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I wanted to see the kid dominate against folks that will be bagging groceries in 2 weeks and he didn't do it. I did see him get to the 2nd level on a couple of run plays; unfortunately, he forgot to block someone at the first level. 

Didn't stick around long enough to see the rookie, but I hear he wasn't any better. Not ready to give up yet, but definitely not promising. 

Why do people keep acting like they were going against a high school team? Just because it wasn't TJ Watt out there doesn't mean they aren't high drafted picks or good players. We didn't play our starting Dline but played a lot of guys who are going to be contributing and should hopefully be beating starting offensive lineman to make plays for us. 

This isn't to say the Oline didn't play like trash but they weren't JUST going against all scrubs. 
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2022, 10:30 AM)TheFan Wrote: Why do people keep acting like they were going against a high school team? Just because it wasn't TJ Watt out there doesn't mean they aren't high drafted picks or good players. We didn't play our starting Dline but played a lot of guys who are going to be contributing and should hopefully be beating starting offensive lineman to make plays for us. 

This isn't to say the Oline didn't play like trash but they weren't JUST going against all scrubs. 
Victor Dimukeje looked like Lawrence Taylor out there last night (2 sacks/2 QB hits/1 TFL/ 1 FF). He's a 6th RD pick out of Duke that manage 3 tackles all of last year.; as he played backup/3rd string to the awesome Dennis Gardeck (UDFA out of Sioux Falls). Where he's currently slotted to play again this year.

Jessie Lemonier is a UDFA out football powerhouse Liberty who is on his 3rd team in 2 years. he beat our online for a sack

Manny Jones is an undersized UDFA DT out of Colorado State. He controlled the interior
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-13-2022, 10:51 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Victor Dimukeje looked like Lawrence Taylor out there last night (2 sacks/2 QB hits/1 TFL/ 1 FF). He's a 6th RD pick out of Duke that manage 3 tackles all of last year.; as he played backup/3rd string to the awesome Dennis Gardeck (UDFA out of Sioux Falls). Where he's currently slotted to play again this year.

Jessie Lemonier is a UDFA out football powerhouse Liberty who is on his 3rd team in 2 years. he beat our online for a sack

Manny Jones is an undersized UDFA DT out of Colorado State. He controlled the interior

The first two are Line Backers. Brandon Allen is also trash and did almost nothing to help the Oline. The sack where he ran backwards was just as much on him as the line. Moss was wide open in the flat for the dump off but Allen rang backwards straight into 2 defenders. 

Manny Jones is not undersized at all. He may not be as big as DJ reader but he's still listed as 6'4 290 which is the same as Zach Carter, 30lbs more than Gunter, and 15 more than Sample all whom are about the same height. 

Both of Victor's sacks came from rushing around the LT.
Reply/Quote
I didn’t see the game but you all are STF out of me where o-line is concerned.

Reply/Quote
(08-13-2022, 11:23 AM)TheFan Wrote: The first two are Line Backers. Brandon Allen is also trash and did almost nothing to help the Oline. The sack where he ran backwards was just as much on him as the line. Moss was wide open in the flat for the dump off but Allen rang backwards straight into 2 defenders. 

Manny Jones is not undersized at all. He may not be as big as DJ reader but he's still listed as 6'4 290 which is the same as Zach Carter, 30lbs more than Gunter, and 15 more than Sample all whom are about the same height. 

Both of Victor's sacks came from rushing around the LT.

None of that disputes the fact they were playing against Bottom of roster players and looked like garbage. 

I'm a Carman fan anyone can look at my post history and clearly see that, but I'm not blind. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Bad luck or not, those Thad Moss penalties hurt us pretty bad. We lost a TD where the guy Thad was blocking wouldn't even have been in the play (poor Chris Evans ended the night with negative yardage and no TDs after playing like a hero).

Look. It is preseason. This is where you find out what you need to work on so you can improve and fix it. He needs to practice a ton and have the discipline not to hold if he's getting beat late in a run play.

Reply/Quote
Carmen played well I thought. Daxton Hill no reason to play anymore pre season looks like a stud. Our 2nd round pick played awful through 1 pre season game looking like a bust.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2022, 11:56 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Trent Taylor did well.  He looks like the backup slot.

x2
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2022, 12:38 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Carmen played well I thought. Daxton Hill no reason to play anymore pre season looks like a stud. Our 2nd round pick played awful through 1 pre season game looking like a bust.

He didn't play well, but he also wasn't as bad as people make it out to be.

I just want to see a fair, unbiased, non-emotional take on this game. Never go on Twitter lol
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2022, 12:38 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Carmen played well I thought. Daxton Hill no reason to play anymore pre season looks like a stud. Our 2nd round pick played awful through 1 pre season game looking like a bust.

CTB didn't play (Unless you are talking about the one from last year)

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Pollack has to be on the hot seat at this point. Even if the starting Oline improves, you have to wonder if it is because they gained experience and development elsewhere. Who has Pollack developed.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
The offensive line was extremely shaky and a big reason we didn’t move the ball much. Not a good start for the developmental lineman. Carmen looked like an early stage developmental prospect on the oline. He didn’t do anything to earn a starter spot last night, that’s for sure. The tackles looked like they didn’t belong on the roster—of course they’ll end up making it because we have nobody else to back up our starters.

Bottom line is our starters along the oline better not get hurt this year, or we’ll give up more than 70 sacks.

On the plus side Dax Hill looked solid and our kicker is amazing.
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2022, 01:01 PM)jj22 Wrote: Pollack has to be on the hot seat at this point. Even if the starting Oline improves, you have to wonder if it is because they gained experience and development elsewhere. Who has Pollack developed.

Thanks for saying that. I started thinking the same thing, but thought it to be a sacrilege to mention it. The man seems to be sacrosanct and beyond any critizism, but in the end he got a lot of different young players to work with over quite some time now and apparently no one developed into a decent starter. It's getting a bit odd that everyone but Pollack seems to be to blame for that.
Reply/Quote

Uh…wut?

CTB did not play.

Reply/Quote
(08-13-2022, 12:53 PM)jj22 Wrote: CTB didn't play (Unless you are talking about the one from last year)

No, because he said Carman “played well.”

Confusing post.

Reply/Quote
(08-13-2022, 01:21 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Uh…wut?

CTB did not play.

For some reason I thought Tycen Anderson was our 2n round pick then realized he was a 6th rounder. He was awful though and didnt belong on the field.
Reply/Quote