Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Winston re-signed
(03-10-2017, 02:37 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Fluker is 8 years younger than Winston and has experience at G and T and wouldn't cost us any comp picks and could potentially still improve as a player. 

I'm with you. I'm all for bringing him in. However, reports say the front office has no interest and no plans to go after him. I think that just further solidifies how clueless our front office can be.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 02:21 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: This pisses me off more than losing Whit and Zeitler.

Worthless.

Takes the roster spot of a guy who could actually develop and be good. Don't give me the leadership BS. Did having him around magically make Ogbuehi and Fisher better last year? Hell no.

Winston aint no dummy. "These suckers wanted to get me off the couch 3 years ago and pay me, 3 years later and they are still handing me money LOLz. I can't play worth a damn any more, but if they want to keep giving me money I won't turn it down. All I have to do is listen to piano man play a few tunes and I get a million bucks to stand around, best job in the world"

Exactly right on the leadership aspect. When has this "leadership" actually turned any of the "non-leaders" into leaders? I don't see any new leaders emerging.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 02:34 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: . As much as it may hurt, we should see what we have in Fisher and Ogbuehi. I think this a sink or swim season for them.

I think that is the bottom line. If we don't see what they have this season, they will be going into their 4th season without knowing what they have...
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 02:37 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Fluker is 8 years younger than Winston and has experience at G and T and wouldn't cost us any comp picks and could potentially still improve as a player. 

But Fluker won't sign for $2 million or less. That's what the Bengals have for budget, remember? Hilarious
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 02:41 PM)ochocincos Wrote: But Fluker won't sign for $2 million or less. That's what the Bengals have for budget, remember? Hilarious

The articles that come out on Bengals.com...whether we like it or not...are accurate.

The Bengals clearly haven't adjusted to the rising salary cap as most of the other teams in the NFL have.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 02:34 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: I know Fluker is out there, but Jim O said the team has zero interest in him. I don't think Fluker is great by any stretch, but he played better than Ogbuehi. As much as it may hurt, we should see what we have in Fisher and Ogbuehi. I think this a sink or swim season for them.

I just don't get it. You have to have interest in players outside of your team in the NFL.

Maybe this was before we lost both Whit and Z, i don't know.

Yeah and a first round pick. Why are we not interested i ask again?
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 02:50 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The articles that come out on Bengals.com...whether we like it or not...are accurate.

The Bengals clearly haven't adjusted to the rising salary cap as most of the other teams in the NFL have.

I hear some teams cut under performing players and restructure contracts to sign other players. Is that really a thing or is everyone just pulling my leg? Nervous

Reply/Quote
My guess is he signed for vet minimum? Whats wrong with that? I could tell when he was playing vs ced last year. I'm ok with this move. I dont think they will sign a better player so you may as well have a backup plan in case ced doesnt pan out again this year. Also in the rare occurrence they do sign a better player, they arent out much since he probably signed on the cheap.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 02:40 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I think that is the bottom line. If we don't see what they have this season, they will be going into their 4th season without knowing what they have...

Kinda like bringing back Peerman last year instead of WJIII....or any of our CBs for that matter.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Winston is the best Tackle we have on the team and we got him at a steal for 1 million dollars. These are the amazing moves that will lead the Bengals to the superbowl. * rolls eyes*

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I read an article recently with quotes from Duke Tobin and the Bengals are ALL In on this basic Offensive Line.

• LT:  Cedric Ogbuehi - 1st rounder
  • LG:  Clint Boling - 4th rounder
  • C:     Russell Bodine - 4th rounder
  • RG:  T.J. Johnson (7th rounder) or Christian Westerman (5th rounder) or  Veteran signing
  • RT:   Jake Fisher - 2nd rounder

O-Line Coach Paul Alexander is convinced that the young tackles will mature physically. Don't expect any offensive line Draft picks this year until round 3 at the earliest. They will likely sign a veteran Left Tackle that is a little better than Eric Winston to be Ogbuehi's backup with Winston backing up Fisher. A Veteran Guard signing to be a starter is also quite possible. My read on things now is that Reuben Foster will be our 1st pick and they will hope that Joe Mixon falls to them in round 2. Charlie Casserly is calling Mixon a Top 10 talent and Reuben Foster a Pro Bowl talent. Jeremy Hill is entering his last year before needing a new contract. If Mixon is gone in round 2 then I see them going Defensive End or Best player available. I think their Draft Card for Reuben Foster is already filled out.
*Getting Tyler Eifert signed to an extension is likely where the Whitworth and Zeitler money will be allocated . This is Eifert's last season before a big money/Franchise tag decision on him has to be made.
*If Paul Alexander is right, then they can stack other areas of the Roster and keep Tyler Eifert long term while still getting a few mid round offensive linemen to develop. They appear to be ALL IN on this Offensive Line plan and having a Pro Bowl Linebacker with Speed like Reuben Foster to pair with Burfict would be an instant Defensive Upgrade that has been needed for a long time. Like it or not this is the General direction. At a minimum the Defense leaps forward and if the Offensive Line holds up so will the roster going into the 2018 Draft. All the Chips are on the table.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 03:02 PM)depthchart Wrote: I read an article recently with quotes from Duke Tobin and the Bengals are ALL In on this basic Offensive Line.

• RG:  T.J. Johnson (7th rounder) or Christian Westerman (5th rounder) or  Veteran signing

O-Line Coach Paul Alexander is convinced that the young tackles will mature physically. Don't expect any offensive line Draft picks this year until round 3 at the earliest. They will likely sign a veteran Left Tackle that is a little better than Eric Winston to be Ogbuehi's backup with Winston backing up Fisher. A Veteran Guard signing to be a starter is also quite possible. My read on things now is that Reuben Foster will be our 1st pick and they will hope that Joe Mixon falls to them in round 2. Charlie Casserly is calling Mixon a Top 10 talent and Reuben Foster a Pro Bowl talent. Jeremy Hill is entering his last year before needing a new contract. If Mixon is gone in round 2 then I see them going Defensive End or Best player available. I think their Draft Card for Reuben Foster is already filled out.
*Getting Tyler Eifert signed to an extension is likely where the Whitworth and Zeitler money will be allocated . This is Eifert's last season before a big money/Franchise tag decision on him has to be made.
*If Paul Alexander is right, then they can stack other areas of the Roster and keep Tyler Eifert long term while still getting a few mid round offensive linemen to develop. They appear to be ALL IN on this Offensive Line plan and having a Pro Bowl Linebacker with Speed like Reuben Foster to pair with Burfict would be an instant Defensive Upgrade that has been needed for a long time. Like it or not this is the General direction. At a minimum the Defense leaps forward and if the Offensive Line holds up so will the roster going into the 2018 Draft. All the Chips are on the table.

Well, at least they had a plan.....I guess.

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 03:02 PM)depthchart Wrote: I read an article recently with quotes from Duke Tobin and the Bengals are ALL In on this basic Offensive Line.

Basically its time for our picks to develop and we need them to step up.  Shoot them up with steroids and lock them in a power lifting gym for the entire offseason

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 03:05 PM)Wyche Wrote: Well, at least they had a plan.....I guess.

Following a plan devised by Alexander the Great has to be the dumbest idea on the planet. I can't stop bashing this guy because somehow, the organization and a few others seem to think he's actually good.

Again, Lewis has talked for years how running the ball is important to him because of our division. Then, Alexander the Great coaches our guys up so that we're in the bottom half of the league in yards per carry every year but 1. If the OLine whisperer is this coaching genius, why can he not improve our run blocking?
Reply/Quote

Hope it works, but if not hope it costs PA his job. 

and Marvin too. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

Thanks for this, there is a lot of gambling going on here, going all in on Ogbuehi and Bodine is a very risky move.

Same with Eifert who is always injured, and Foster and Mixon who both have their problems.

Seems like a huge bluff and we are out of the game. The cards don't look good. It is like having a seven two offsuit before seeing the flop.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 03:13 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: Following a plan devised by Alexander the Great has to be the dumbest idea on the planet. I can't keep bashing this guy because somehow, the organization and a few others seem to think he's actually good.

Again, Lewis has talked for years how running the ball is important to him because of our division. Then, Alexander the Great coaches our guys up so that we're in the bottom half of the league in yards per carry every year but 1. If the OLine whisperer is this coaching genius, why cannot he not improve our run blocking?

That's what I keep trying to figure out.....

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 03:13 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Hope it works, but if not hope it costs PA his job. 

and Marvin too. 

While this would be amazing, I just don't think anything will cost Alexander the Great his job. Hell, once he dies, Brown will be overjoyed because he can keep on the staff and not have to pay him.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 03:17 PM)Wyche Wrote: That's what I keep trying to figure out.....

Ugh. That post looked horrible! Glad you quoted it so I could fix my horrible typos. LMAO
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 02:21 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: This pisses me off more than losing Whit and Zeitler.

Worthless.

Takes the roster spot of a guy who could actually develop and be good. Don't give me the leadership BS. Did having him around magically make Ogbuehi and Fisher better last year? Hell no.

Winston aint no dummy. "These suckers wanted to get me off the couch 3 years ago and pay me, 3 years later and they are still handing me money LOLz. I can't play worth a damn any more, but if they want to keep giving me money I won't turn it down. All I have to do is listen to piano man play a few tunes and I get a million bucks to stand around, best job in the world"

Exactly this. This position could have been filled through the draft as a developmental prospect. We love to cycle our own retreads.
Reply/Quote