Winter Olympics 2018
Discuss all your Olympic observations
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Curling.

Mic drop
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
I demand at least 7 gold medals for Austria or else our government needs to step down.

As for your tiny country, ever since Julia Mancuso isn't competing any more the US team has become uninteresting. Right.

And as for observations, I saw an oiled up Tonga man and wondered if I haven't seen that guy in Rio before?
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2018, 04:11 PM)hollodero Wrote: And as for observations, I saw an oiled up Tonga man and wondered if I haven't seen that guy in Rio before?

Yeah, he was recreating his Rio moment, apparently.  Crazy bastard, it was freezing out there.

I've always liked the Winter Olympics.  I don't even bother with the Summer games.  That's just a bunch of stuff I hated doing in gym class.  But the winter games, man, that's some crazy shit right there.  You gotta be nuts to climb onto a luge sled, or into a bobsled, or throw yourself down the side of a mountain. I'm watching snowboarding right now, and what they can do is just amazing.  Curling is a great game to watch too, even though I don't understand more than the basic rules.  And, I'm really looking forward to the hockey these games since the rent-a-millionaires stayed home in the NHL where they belong.  Hope the women's team kicks some Canadian ass ThumbsUp   

The only thing I really don't care for is the ice dancing, and hell, I'll even watch that if the wife has it on, 'cause,  Olympics.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I am observing that the 14 hour time zone difference makes it hard to follow what is going on.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(02-09-2018, 11:38 AM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Curling.  

Mic drop

[Image: kzw1CEU.gif]

Reply/Quote
(02-10-2018, 01:16 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I am observing that the 14 hour time zone difference makes it hard to follow what is going on.

I was up early today and was able to watch live ski jumping and hockey.  But, yeah, by the time the primetime show comes on NBC at 8 ET what they're showing is a half day old.  2022 will unfortunately be more of the same when they're in Beijing. 
Reply/Quote
So I usually pay attention to the Hockey but since no NHL players in it I am not interested. Does that make me a Bad Person.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Anyone see North Korea's cheerleaders in the crowd? Weird...Those people are all brainwashed.
Tiger

2024 MOCK DRAFT (4 ROUND)

1ST ROUND-OT-JC LATHAM-ALABAMA
2ND ROUND-OG-COOPER BEEBE-KANSAS
3RD ROUND-DT-DEWAYNE CARTER-DUKE
3RD ROUND-WR-JACOB COWING-ARIZONA
4TH ROUND-CB-MIKE SAINRISTIL-MICHIGAN
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2018, 11:38 AM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Curling.  

Mic drop

Yes, women's curling.   Clapping
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2018, 12:44 AM)Nati#1 Wrote: Anyone see North Korea's cheerleaders in the crowd? Weird...Those people are all brainwashed.

Now, I don't think it's fair to say that all cheerleaders are brainwashed.  But, yeah, probably most of them.  
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2018, 12:44 AM)Nati#1 Wrote: Anyone see North Korea's cheerleaders in the crowd? Weird...Those people are all brainwashed.

[Image: aBx16AO_460s.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2018, 11:21 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: So I usually pay attention to the Hockey but since no NHL players in it I am not interested. Does that make me a Bad Person.

No, not a bad person.  Ironically, that's the reason I will be watching Olympic hockey.  The competition is wide open this year, as opposed to the normal year when the Canadians just breeze in with their rented guns and take the gold.  Yawn.  

So, were the NHL involved, this is one hockey fan who would have skipped watching Olympic hockey. Besides, this way the NHL runs uninterrupted, so I can watch both.  To my wife's consternation, yes, but still....
Reply/Quote
It's quite windy in Pyeongchang. That's a shame for the skiing events so far.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2018, 03:51 AM)hollodero Wrote: It's quite windy in Pyeongchang. That's a shame for the skiing events so far.

What's the time difference between you and Korea?  About seven or eight hours?  It's 14 hours from here, so that does allow some viewing of live events either first thing in the morning or later in the evening.  Are you able to watch a lot of live events?  
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2018, 08:04 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: What's the time difference between you and Korea?  About seven or eight hours?  It's 14 hours from here, so that does allow some viewing of live events either first thing in the morning or later in the evening.  Are you able to watch a lot of live events?  

I'm usually 6 hours away from you, so the events usually start in the middle of the night and stretch to early afternoon here. I can see what I want to see, but me being distinctly a night owl and not bound to traditional working hours helps a lot to catch the skiing races and other Korean morning/midday events. More ordinary people probably won't.

That being said I slept through both of Austria's gold medals still. But I'm planning on watching women's slalom tonight.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2018, 08:20 PM)hollodero Wrote: I'm usually 6 hours away from you, so the events usually start in the middle of the night and stretch to early afternoon here. I can see what I want to see, but me being distinctly a night owl and not bound to traditional working hours helps a lot to catch the skiing races and other Korean morning/midday events. More ordinary people probably won't.

That being said I slept through both of Austria's gold medals still. But I'm planning on watching women's slalom tonight.

Looks like 90% of what's on here tonight will be figure skating.  American women love figure skating, pretty much to the exclusion of everything else, so they feed us a steady diet of that. Got to see the women's snowboarding live last night, and that was worth staying up for.  
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2018, 08:47 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Looks like 90% of what's on here tonight will be figure skating.  American women love figure skating, pretty much to the exclusion of everything else, so they feed us a steady diet of that. Got to see the women's snowboarding live last night, and that was worth staying up for.  

Ah, Chloe Kim, tht sure is an impressive person. I can't quite warm up to sports that require judges though, also I'm mad at snowboard events since the wind destroyed the women's slopestyle, which was a bad joke and painful to watch. 
As for figure skating, there's quite a variety of unpleasant things, including experiencing milder forms of physical pain, I'd rather do than to watch those. What is it with women and figure skating anyway? It's the same here with them, olympics meh boring, but figure skating  :heart: :heart: :heart: ...whoever loves figure skating never really loved sports to begin with.

I'm sure american TV will show you the slalom though, given you have Mikaela Shiffrin in there.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2018, 09:03 PM)hollodero Wrote: Ah, Chloe Kim, tht sure is an impressive person. I can't quite warm up to sports that require judges though, also I'm mad at snowboard events since the wind destroyed the women's slopestyle, which was a bad joke and painful to watch. 
As for figure skating, there's quite a variety of unpleasant things, including experiencing milder forms of physical pain, I'd rather do than to watch those. What is it with women and figure skating anyway? It's the same here with them, olympics meh boring, but figure skating  :heart: :heart: :heart: ...whoever loves figure skating never really loved sports to begin with.

I'm sure american TV will show you the slalom though, given you have Mikaela Shiffrin in there.

While figure skating takes a lot of skill, I'd rather go pluck my butt hair..... 
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2018, 07:47 PM)sandwedge Wrote: While figure skating takes a lot of skill, I'd rather go pluck my butt hair..... 

Uh.......never mind.  
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote