Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Winter Olympics 2018
(02-14-2018, 07:47 PM)sandwedge Wrote: While figure skating takes a lot of skill, I'd rather go pluck my butt hair..... 

Lets agree both activities make the world more beautiful.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
No slalom medal for Mikael Shiffrin, got beaten for bronze by a chubby Austrian. Haha.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
What I just witnessed is a two-time snowboarding world champion winning women's skiing Super G. That's quite a story.
Reply/Quote
Wow the olympics are popular around here. This thread's bursting!

So tonight Marcel Hirscher can get his third gold medal at the games. That would be something.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2018, 08:37 PM)hollodero Wrote: Wow the olympics are popular around here. This thread's bursting!

So tonight Marcel Hirscher can get his third gold medal at the games. That would be something.

I think people are watching, it's just not popular as a discussion point.  No idiot owner or dufus coach to ***** about, so that lessens the appeal around here, I think.  I could lob an "Is Andy an above or below average snowboarder?" thread into Jungle Noise.  People there will fight over anything Andy-related. 

For me, every four years, I put everything else aside and watch.  That's been my practice since I was a kid.  Now, the summer Olympics will go by with nary a notice by me.  But, I've always been a big fan of the winter games.
Reply/Quote
I don't know if anyone else stayed up and watched the women's gold medal hockey game but, woooooooooow, what a game. The Canadian women looked faster, bigger and more crisp for the first 2 1/2 periods. After the US women tied it, it seemed to flip a switch because they put constant pressure on the Canadians for the next period and a half. Then the shootout with an incredibly acrobatic shot on the 6th attempt followed by a save by the US goalie to win it.

One of the most entertaining sporting events i've ever seen. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2018, 04:24 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I don't know if anyone else stayed up and watched the women's gold medal hockey game but, woooooooooow, what a game. The Canadian women looked faster, bigger and more crisp for the first 2 1/2 periods. After the US women tied it, it seemed to flip a switch because they put constant pressure on the Canadians for the next period and a half. Then the shootout with an incredibly acrobatic shot on the 6th attempt followed by a save by the US goalie to win it.

Big fun to watch. When Decker got clocked in the late 3rd was what fired up the US team. Great game!
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2018, 04:24 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I don't know if anyone else stayed up and watched the women's gold medal hockey game but, woooooooooow, what a game. The Canadian women looked faster, bigger and more crisp for the first 2 1/2 periods. After the US women tied it, it seemed to flip a switch because they put constant pressure on the Canadians for the next period and a half. Then the shootout with an incredibly acrobatic shot on the 6th attempt followed by a save by the US goalie to win it.

Tonsil hockey is an olympic sport?

Reply/Quote
(02-22-2018, 08:02 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Tonsil hockey is an olympic sport?

That puts the phrase, 'The Canadian team is bigger, faster, and crisper' in a whole new light. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote

I DVR'd it and just didn't listen to sports today so I could watch it tonight.  I know conventional wisdom for most guys is "meh, girls sports," but these are two teams that genuinely do not like each other, and it shows.  When it went to OT it had a very eerie, Bengal-like "Oh boy, here we go again" kind of feel to it, especially after that epic collapse four years ago.  This time, though, a better ending. 

Congrats to them for ending a 20 year drought.
Reply/Quote
Not to diminish your heroic hockey girls, but the story of these games has to be Czech snowboarder Ester Ledecka winning gold in both snowboarding and alpine skiing.
Reply/Quote
Skiing is always fun to watch.

[Image: star-wars-moguls-gif.gif]

Reply/Quote
(02-24-2018, 08:11 AM)hollodero Wrote: Not to diminish your heroic hockey girls, but the story of these games has to be Czech snowboarder Ester Ledecka winning gold in both snowboarding and alpine skiing.

I must disagree, even though your strong resemblance to Leonard from The Big Bang Theory strangely compels me to agree with you Smirk    

Reply/Quote
(02-24-2018, 02:30 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: I must disagree, even though your strong resemblance to Leonard from The Big Bang Theory strangely compels me to agree with you Smirk    

Poah I completely oversaw that. First, no one thinks that the US girls beating the Canada girls is a sensation. Every NFL season there are around 20 games with more surprising outcomes.
How can that even compete with a snowboarder winning an alpine skiing event - and then the snowboarding event.

As for the Leonard comment, I don't even know what to say. I was called quite a lot throughout my days, but that one really is something else. You truly are an awful llama.
Reply/Quote