Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wire to wire! (?)
Anyone else think the Bengals could go Wire to Wire atop the AFCN?
Reply/Quote
just like the 90 Reds, we can only dream can't we????

Dancing
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
It's a small sample size to be sure, but the Bengals do seem to be the most complete team in the division. I think that they can do it...  Will they? 
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2015, 04:00 PM)jason Wrote: It's a small sample size to be sure, but the Bengals do seem to be the most complete team in the division. I think that they can do it...  Will they? 

If ever there was a time to do it, this is it. 
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I think that there's a better chance that a killer goldfish will swallow the city whole, but you never know. Hell, I'd love to see them win 16 games and run the table all the way to the super bowl, but my money's on the goldfish.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2015, 04:40 PM)grampahol Wrote: I think that there's a better chance that a killer goldfish will swallow the city whole, but you never know. Hell, I'd love to see them win 16 games and run the table all the way to the super bowl, but my money's on the goldfish.

we held the divisional lead for most of last year.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2015, 01:01 PM)GreenDragon Wrote: Anyone else think the Bengals could go Wire to Wire atop the AFCN?

Nope.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2015, 01:01 PM)GreenDragon Wrote: Anyone else think the Bengals could go Wire to Wire atop the AFCN?

COULD? Certainly.  WILL? I will randomly say 20% chance.

WIN THE AFCN? More likely than anyone else.  
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2015, 04:40 PM)grampahol Wrote: I think that there's a better chance that a killer goldfish will swallow the city whole, but you never know. Hell, I'd love to see them win 16 games and run the table all the way to the super bowl, but my money's on the goldfish.

This is some goldfish.

Just hoping they can at least be within striking distance of the division crown down the stretch. Maybe clinch the division with win over Baltimore January 3.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Sorry can't think past the home opener
Reply/Quote
Yes, as long as being tied for first along the way counts as wire-to-wire ;-)
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2015, 09:37 PM)Slappy from New Haven Wrote: Sorry can't think past the home opener

Yeah, it is too early for me. We looked great against the Oakland Raiders...

Lets see about the San Diego Chargers...
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2015, 11:08 PM)UDWhoDey Wrote: Yes, as long as being tied for first along the way counts as wire-to-wire ;-)

It does in my book.

I think if they can make it to week 4 without a loss, they could do it.  I won't count out Pittsburgh or Baltimore though....they could easily go on a streak and leap-frog the Bengals if they have a bad stretch.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-16-2015, 11:16 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: It does in my book.

I think if they can make it to week 4 without a loss, they could do it.  I won't count out Pittsburgh or Baltimore though....they could easily go on a streak and leap-frog the Bengals if they have a bad stretch.

Then sign me up!  I just remember after week-3 last year when we were arguably the best team in the NFL.  Oh the life of a Bengal fan.

Who Dey!
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2015, 11:16 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: It does in my book.

If we stay healthy i doubt it. But those guys are always tough as hell and i am sure will be again.

They did both play the Pats and the Broncos and were both in the game and we played the Raiders.

Hard to call it right now, but i love the way our Offense has so many weapons with Eifert now here.

Those 2 teams don't have a Tyler Eifert on theirs.
Reply/Quote

Well that would be one for the ages.

Reply/Quote
That would be awesome and a tough accomplishment -- especially in our division. We had all four teams 3 games over .500 last year.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2015, 11:08 PM)UDWhoDey Wrote: Yes, as long as being tied for first along the way counts as wire-to-wire ;-)

if we were in 1st when the other team tied us we are still in 1st lol....

Plus then you can factor out tie breakers.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2015, 09:58 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: if we were in 1st when the other team tied us we are still in 1st lol....  

Plus then you can factor out tie breakers.

Yes, but you and I both know that there is a completely different feeling with being tied for first place than there is with having it to yourself.  I would think that a lot of people would question whether or not that still constituted "wire-to-wire".
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-17-2015, 10:14 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Yes, but you and I both know that there is a completely different feeling with being tied for first place than there is with having it to yourself.  I would think that a lot of people would question whether or not that still constituted "wire-to-wire".

yeah first goal is have a 2 game lead going into the bye week.
Reply/Quote