Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wish OT would adopt college rules
Does anyone else wish the NFL would adopt the college rules for overtime?
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 05:54 PM)Trademark Wrote: Does anyone else wish the NFL would adopt the college rules for overtime?

Absolutely!!  ANY system that would eliminate ties!!
Reply/Quote
Heck, adopt the friggin' NHL overtime rules.

Sent from my KFGIWI using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Maybe a field goal contest, but we know how that would turn out for us. Or who can throw into a barrel from different distances. Crayziest catch, furthest punt, best dress fan, etc.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I wish the NFL would abolish OT altogether, but if you won't do that then it should just be an additional quarter of play, no sudden death.
Reply/Quote
I dont. The NFLs ot rules are superior. If anything just make it sudden death until someone scores like in the playoffs.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 07:32 PM)bengal kitten uk Wrote: I wish the NFL would abolish OT altogether, but if you won't do that then it should just be an additional quarter of play, no sudden death.

Get out of here already with that tie nonsense.  You've been trying to peddle that lame-ass shit all day.  You don't win WWII, land men on the moon or invent stuffed crust pizza by settling for ties.  Ties?  The French settle for ties.  If they're lucky.  

'Murica, bitches!
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I actually like the OT rules as they stand. If I could make one tweak it would be if the first team scores a FG, then the other team must score a TD. They cannot kick a FG to tie it up again.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 08:19 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I actually like the OT rules as they stand. If I could make one tweak it would be if the first team scores a FG, then the other team must score a TD. They cannot kick a FG to tie it up again.
Nope!!! FG Team's advantage. Because the flip of the coin potentially gives team a first-up FG advantage. Therefore, the NFL will probably adopt this rule...but only for "certain" teams. Smirk
Reply/Quote
I've always wanted the college system implemented into the NFL.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
I think a big deal with the Pros adopting the College Rules is how it would effect the stats and records in the NFL.

For instance the record for most TD passes in a game is 7 (first set by Sid Luckman in 1943). How long would that record stand if we adopted College playoff rules?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I actually thought it'd be interesting to have OT rules similar to the World Cup or Olympic soccer.
If the game is tied at end of regulation, there will be one full quarter of OT (15 minutes). Whoever has the higher score at the end of the 15 minutes wins.
If the game is still tied, it goes to....penalty field goals!  Popcorn
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Have 2 overtime periods. First OT keeps the rules the way they are now. Second OT is sudden death and drives start on the 50 yard line. If after 2 OT periods no one scores game ends in a tie.

Other options for second OT period 4 downs to score with no conversions teams must go for TD on 4th down or kick field goal.
Reply/Quote
NFL rules > NCAA rules in pretty much everything. I prefer the NFL overtime format because all phases of the game are part of it, such as punting and kickoffs.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2016, 05:54 PM)Millhouse Wrote: NFL rules > NCAA rules in pretty much everything. I prefer the NFL overtime format because all phases of the game are part of it, such as punting and kickoffs.

Very true.  Much closer to regulation game play than that 25 yard line nonsense.  That's about as realistic as a FG kicking contest.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote