Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
With Bengals O Line Injuries, Bengal Jake Fisher still a F/A
The plan was to draft O Line in Round 1 and move on from Ogbuhei and Fisher, but the plan blew up with that pick injured and out in 2019. Add in rumors Bolling is talking retirement now. Add in Price coming off 2018 injuries. Add in the talent on this O Line is not very good. Suddenly Bengals resigning Fisher looks good. Where else are you going to find a Tackle that is around 26, has played for Bengals and even caught some passes at TE. I think he lined up as a FB a few times.

I think this is worth considering. Also worth keeping on here because Fisher is a Bengal who has not gone on to another team. Internet lists him as an unsigned F/A who has only played for Bengals. With Bengals facing losing 2 key O Linemen in one week, I say get Fisher back in here for start of Training Camp. I thought he was better than Ogbuehi and of the 2, and Og with Jags, I would rather have Fisher of the 2. Fisher has Bengal experience across the O Line with players on this team, and still young. Hey, the Bengals need to address this and resigning Fisher seems a good start.

Again, Fisher has not played for anybody but Bengals. I am not talking another teams player. I am talking resigning a Bengal.

I never saw often injured Og block anybody, slow feet, but I did see Fisher lay on some hits and he was far better than Og.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Fisher dropped weight to play TE because of heart and health issues. He probably isnt even close to 300lbs
Reply/Quote
Last I read, he was a 275-80lb TE. Not Turner’s kind of lineman.

At this point in the offseason, coaches look to players they know personally and/or have been in their system, so the learning curve isn't too big to contribute ASAP. If you’re looking for potential signings, look for players that Taylor and Turner have coached, maybe guys that Callahan or Sherman recommend?
Reply/Quote
Gee...maybe Ced will get waived too so we can pick him up too for the Super Bowl run!
Reply/Quote
There are a lot of better options than Fisher.
Reply/Quote
Ridiculous, not even an option worth considering.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I know were desperate for tackle help but my god. The biggest issue with Fisher is he dosen't even want to be an offensive lineman which is kind of a problem lol. My second issue with Fisher is he is an awful tackle which got masked by Ogbuhei's awfulness. He couldn't even beat out Ogbuhei at RT in his 2nd season.
Reply/Quote
Praying that Glenn stays healthy and thrives in the new system at LT. He's the best LT on the roster and a guy who has played at a high level. Great attitude and leader type as well. Hopefully we can find another vet in FA. Taking a guy like Mike Jordan looks really good for depth at G about now, and signing John Jerry as well..
Reply/Quote
They'll probably be some cuts during camp that are better options.
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2019, 06:02 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: They'll probably be some cuts during camp that are better options.

To this point, look for some Ram castoffs maybe. 
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2019, 06:02 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: They'll probably be some cuts during camp that are better options.

This ^, is what I've been saying since the entire Williams/Boling situations first arose.  There are always at least a few veterans, at most every position, that suddenly become available once the rookie class starts showing it can carry their weight.  It doesn't mean that those players are "washed up", it just means that the team found a cheaper option to do the same job, thus making those released veterans cheaper options than they previously were.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2019, 06:04 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: To this point, look for some Ram castoffs maybe. 

Not sure that the Rams are going to release Whitworth any time soon, but it sure would be cool if they did...

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2019, 05:50 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Fisher dropped weight to play TE because of heart and health issues. He probably isnt even close to 300lbs

Not only that, but he dropped weight to play blocking TE and got cut before TC.  Why would you sign a guy who can't cut it as a blocking TE to play T?
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2019, 07:34 PM)Whatever Wrote: Not only that, but he dropped weight to play blocking TE and got cut before TC.  Why would you sign a guy who can't cut it as a blocking TE to play T?

Who knows?  Perhaps the OP was drinking, when he authored this post?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't want Fisher but moving Price to Guard instead of Center and keeping Trey Hopkins there would be an option.

If this was Madden(lol)... I'd definitely be looking at moving DreK or Gio (perhaps both) + pick(s) for a decent starter at both O-Line & LBer.

You could move Dennard to 2nd CB.

Let the others compete for 2nd RB or even pick up a cut vet.

Of course this is isn't Madden and even if it was our FO wouldn't do it anyway.

Yeah, I know the arguments. DreK is already a starter and we'd ALL love to see Gio used more creatively.

I'm afraid with our O-Line and weak LBers those don't matter.

We'll get killed in the under passing routes, and the blocking won't be good enough for Gio who can't do it like Mixon.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Maybe there is a reason that he is still a FA?
Oh yeah, he stinks
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2019, 07:38 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Who knows?  Perhaps the OP was drinking, when he authored this post?

Sadly, I'd rather have Eric Winston back than Fisher.  
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2019, 09:58 PM)Whatever Wrote: Sadly, I'd rather have Eric Winston back than Fisher.  

I may be the oddball here, but I'm not quite as worried about the team being able to pick up a quality addition before the season begins than some other fans are.

I'm more saddened about the loss of a budding star player for the year, than I am worried about finding a suitable backup LT.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Yea can’t see this happening especially if he’s sitting at a weight suited for a tight end. Besides he really wasn’t that good to begin with. There has to be better options out there in free agency for a capable standard right tackle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Oh hell nah........I mean HEYULL NO!

[Image: WellmadeTheseIcelandgull-small.gif]

......next question.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote