Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
With Bernard cut, we should sign either Clowney or Eric Fisher
I still think Clowney is underrated but idk what happened last year (didn’t watch). His issue has always been that his strengths in the run game couldn’t play up to his draft position. This could be a value pick if signed to a 1-year prove it or cheap two year.

Eric Fisher - easy to say. Riley Reiff will be ok, but we could move him inside and atleast get two good years from Fisher so we don’t have to reach for an offensive lineman - I’m still iffy about Sewell after taking off a year. Trade back and pick Slater or Vera Tucker?

Plenty of other veterans including Kwon Alexander. Fans and teams jump on aging players too quickly. Good but not great can take one further than they think.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2021, 08:44 PM)willieFANderson Wrote: I still think Clowney is underrated but idk what happened last year (didn’t watch). His issue has always been that his strengths in the run game couldn’t play up to his draft position. This could be a value pick if signed to a 1-year prove it or cheap two year.

Eric Fisher - easy to say. Riley Reiff will be ok, but we could move him inside and atleast get two good years from Fisher so we don’t have to reach for an offensive lineman - I’m still iffy about Sewell after taking off a year. Trade back and pick Slater or Vera Tucker?

Plenty of other veterans including Kwon Alexander. Fans and teams jump on aging players too quickly. Good but not great can take one further than they think.

The big question with both Chief 2020 OT's is their health right now.

I would rather trade for Ertz and apply the 4.1 million saved by Gio cut n his contract and try and restructure and lock Ertz up for 3 years.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Not trading back. That’s a quote from Tobin. We are taking one of the big 3 non QBs. Tobin is leaning more towards chase if he’s there
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2021, 09:09 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: The big question with both Chief 2020 OT's is their health right now.

I would rather trade for Ertz and apply the 4.1 million saved by Gio cut n his contract and try and restructure and lock Ertz up for 3 years.

So you are concerned about the health of the Chiefs OTs, yet you want to sign a 31 year old TE coming off an injured season where he had fewer yards than Drew Sample and only 1 td?
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2021, 09:20 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Tobin is leaning more towards chase if he’s there

Link?

Not saying I doubt it.  Juts have not heard Tobin say this.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2021, 10:33 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Link?

I'm Duke Tobin and yes I said it
Reply/Quote
I think I'd prefer Ingram to Clowney but it would be nice to see them get one of those two or Kerrigan so that edge rusher isn't a need in the early rounds.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
If they could sign a pass rusher that would remove the need from this draft (not a 1 year veteran signing. A 2 to 3 year guy with upside who wouldn't be considered a washed up player), then cutting Gio would be worth it.

The list could be Ingram, Clowney, Aldon Smith, maybe Justin Houston. Ryan Kerrigan is on the edge regarding my criteria but could provide 2 good years, I think.

Jurrell Casey may be worth considering too.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2021, 10:33 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Link?

I'm assuming it's implied after Tobin said on a podcast that the draft is very deep on OL, going to be able to get a starter in Rd 2 and even Rd 3.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-08-2021, 10:53 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm assuming it's implied after Tobin said on a podcast that the draft is very deep on OL, going to be able to get a starter in Rd 2 and even Rd 3.

When Tobin can successfully draft a starting OL in rounds 1 and 2 he can stay stuff like that, but not right now
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2021, 12:56 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I think I'd prefer Ingram to Clowney but it would be nice to see them get one of those two or Kerrigan so that edge rusher isn't a need in the early rounds.

Agreed....Ingram and Hendrickson might look very good ...but I doubt they are looking at this.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2021, 11:38 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: When Tobin can successfully draft a starting OL in rounds 1 and 2 he can stay stuff like that, but not right now

I believe Tobin has been the Director of Player Personnel since 1999, right?
I could have sworn he at least was in that role when the Bengals drafted Whitworth, and I know for sure he was in that role when they drafted Zeitler.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-08-2021, 12:56 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I think I'd prefer Ingram to Clowney but it would be nice to see them get one of those two or Kerrigan so that edge rusher isn't a need in the early rounds.

Yes, would love any of the 3 edge rushers you mention here Murdock. Cool
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2021, 12:15 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I believe Tobin has been the Director of Player Personnel since 1999, right?
I could have sworn he at least was in that role when the Bengals drafted Whitworth, and I know for sure he was in that role when they drafted Zeitler.

Don't you throw facts at my trollish non researched nor thought out post.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2021, 07:08 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: If they could sign a pass rusher that would remove the need from this draft (not a 1 year veteran signing. A 2 to 3 year guy with upside who wouldn't be considered a washed up player), then cutting Gio would be worth it.

The list could be Ingram, Clowney, Aldon Smith, maybe Justin Houston. Ryan Kerrigan is on the edge regarding my criteria but could provide 2 good years, I think.

Jurrell Casey may be worth considering too.

These guys fall into the "will take less to showcase on a contender" scenario.  They will take a prove it deal but not a 2nd year going since the increase next year.  Some may sit until after the draft to gamble that the team that didn't draft to fill that need will offer more.  So maybe one blinks right before the draft to get that job.  
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2021, 08:44 PM)willieFANderson Wrote: I still think Clowney is underrated but idk what happened last year (didn’t watch). His issue has always been that his strengths in the run game couldn’t play up to his draft position. This could be a value pick if signed to a 1-year prove it or cheap two year.

Context - Watched Personally and listened to discussions on Clowney for his entire tenure in Houston.  And here is what he is.  Self-Absorbed.  Arrogant.  Lacks Heart.  Has extreme physical gifts.

Over rated vs. under rated
So considering the above you are sensing his extreme physical gifts, but not considering the other factors, which the league recognizes and why he isn't/won't be paid like an elite player and still does not have a team.

He has no heart.  No drive. Is full of himself.  And was often injured.  And he won't come here.

Pass
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2021, 12:15 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I believe Tobin has been the Director of Player Personnel since 1999, right?

Football is a game of what have you done for me lately, and lately the bengals have been horrific. Two of the better talents they drafted, they were too cheap To sign to deals. That just shows how little the bengals actually value the OL.

2019 - Jonah williams (1) - incomplete
2018 - billy price (1) - f
2015 - Cedric o (1) - f
2015 - Jake fisher (2) - f
2012 - Kevin Zietler (1) - b... would have been an A if they resigned him.
2009 - Andre smith (1) - c.... maybe? Maybe a d?
2006 - Andrew whitworth (2) - A+
2003 - Steinbech - b.... would have been an a, had the bengals resigned him
2002 - Levi Jones - b... had some good years and great moments but injuries derailed him
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2021, 12:55 AM)Bengalbug Wrote:  Two of the better talents they drafted, they were too cheap To sign to deals.  That just shows how little the bengals actually value the OL.  

Both Zeitler and Steinbach were overpaid in free agency.

But the Bengals make Willie Anderson and Levi the highest paid OT duo in the entire league.  They paid Boling well.  They paid to keep Braham and Bobbie Williams, and Whitworth.  They traded for the 8th highest paid OT in the league in Cordy Glenn. 

They don't alwasy make the right decisions, but you can't say they don't value the OL.  That just is not true.
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2021, 11:43 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Both Zeitler and Steinbach were overpaid in free agency.

But the Bengals make Willie Anderson and Levi the highest paid OT duo in the entire league.  They paid Boling well.  They paid to keep Braham and Bobbie Williams, and Whitworth.  They traded for the 8th highest paid OT in the league in Cordy Glenn. 

They don't alwasy make the right decisions, but you can't say they don't value the OL.  That just is not true.

There is a bit of misdirection here.

When I get on a computer later I will expound on all front.
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2021, 12:55 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Football is a game of what have you done for me lately, and lately the bengals have been horrific.  Two of the better talents they drafted, they were too cheap To sign to deals.  That just shows how little the bengals actually value the OL.  

2019 - Jonah williams (1) - incomplete
2018 - billy price (1) - f
2015 - Cedric o (1) - f
2015 - Jake fisher (2) - f
2012 - Kevin Zietler (1) - b... would have been an A if they resigned him.
2009 - Andre smith (1) - c.... maybe? Maybe a d?
2006 - Andrew whitworth (2) - A+
2003 - Steinbech - b.... would have been an a, had the bengals resigned him
2002 - Levi Jones - b... had some good years and great moments but injuries derailed him

I agree, but that wasn't what I responded to.
The comment was that Tobin didn't draft any talented OL in Rd 1 or Rd 2.
It's proven to be false, even if the last "good" guy was nearly a decade ago.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote