Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
With Bernard cut, we should sign either Clowney or Eric Fisher
(04-07-2021, 09:20 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Not trading back. That’s a quote from Tobin. We are taking one of the big 3 non QBs. Tobin is leaning more towards chase if he’s there

Tobin only said he wouldnt get greedy... Not that he wouldnt take an amazing deal if presented.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2021, 08:44 PM)willieFANderson Wrote: I still think Clowney is underrated but idk what happened last year (didn’t watch). His issue has always been that his strengths in the run game couldn’t play up to his draft position. This could be a value pick if signed to a 1-year prove it or cheap two year.

Eric Fisher - easy to say. Riley Reiff will be ok, but we could move him inside and atleast get two good years from Fisher so we don’t have to reach for an offensive lineman - I’m still iffy about Sewell after taking off a year. Trade back and pick Slater or Vera Tucker?

Plenty of other veterans including Kwon Alexander. Fans and teams jump on aging players too quickly. Good but not great can take one further than they think.
Underrated? LMAO
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2021, 09:02 PM)Stewy Wrote: Context - Watched Personally and listened to discussions on Clowney for his entire tenure in Houston.  And here is what he is.  Self-Absorbed.  Arrogant.  Lacks Heart.  Has extreme physical gifts.

Over rated vs. under rated
So considering the above you are sensing his extreme physical gifts, but not considering the other factors, which the league recognizes and why he isn't/won't be paid like an elite player and still does not have a team.

He has no heart.  No drive. Is full of himself.  And was often injured.  And he won't come here.

Pass

Yeah, if anything Clowney is overrated...
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2021, 08:38 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I agree, but that wasn't what I responded to.
The comment was that Tobin didn't draft any talented OL in Rd 1 or Rd 2.
It's proven to be false, even if the last "good" guy was nearly a decade ago.

When Tobin can successfully draft a starting OL in rounds 1 and 2, within the last 5 years he can stay stuff like that, but not right now.  Mellow
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2021, 10:44 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: When Tobin can successfully draft a starting OL in rounds 1 and 2, within the last 5 years he can stay stuff like that, but not right now.  Mellow

I would say that they probably are just going to rely on what Pollack says, but if he had a big influence in drafting Billy Price, I dunno if I'd trust him either lol
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote