Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
With Bill Lazor as our OC
(11-28-2017, 12:45 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Just to play Devil's Advocate here, it absolutely would've. Different schemes, different play calls, different audibles, Different everything.

Could Dalton have still had 5 turnovers? Absolutely. He could've turned the ball over 5 times against Cleveland, too.

Could and would are two different beasts.

Completely agree BPK.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2017, 01:43 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hard to know anything with how Marv and as you said the O-line and PA have handcuffed him.

I know you are just trying to warn people of the worst but i don't see Marv being back.

Sure seems like he just tried mailing in the last couple of seasons and the last time Marv was really on the hot seat
it was the holdout year and was probably the right decision to keep him around at the time.

We will lose monday and be essentially out of the Playoffs. Marv will be gone at the end of the season thankfully.

You may be right.  I just have to assume that Mike Brown doesn't want to go through the hassle of finding another HC who will fall in line with the off-putting MO that he runs.  I only look into the future on Thursdays, but I'll say I'm at least 50% sure Marvin will be back in 2018 and about 90% sure either Marvin or Geunther will be the HC in 2018.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2017, 01:47 PM)Nately120 Wrote: You may be right.  I just have to assume that Mike Brown doesn't want to go through the hassle of finding another HC who will fall in line with the off-putting MO that he runs.  I only look into the future on Thursdays, but I'll say I'm at least 50% sure Marvin will be back in 2018 and about 90% sure either Marvin or Geunther will be the HC in 2018.

Hope you are wrong man, all i know is all my optimsim would be gone for the future.

Used to think Guenther might be alright but he definately has not impressed me this year with all the good
players he has at his disposal. Thought this Defense would be a lot better than it has been, we have even
stayed relatively healthy and still we keep letting teams beat us on 3rd down.

The best red zone Defense though, so that is atleast something.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2017, 08:25 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Might of lost in the opener but under Lazor Dalton has been very good taking care of the ball.

Dalton might not of thrown those 5 ints, so could be very possible that we win that one too, definately the Texans game.

Should of hired Lazor as the OC in the first place over Zamp who was just terrible.

Not saying that Lazor should be the future OC, we can probably find someone better but he is clearly better than Zampese
by a long way and it was pretty damn obvious to everyone around here. Another bad decision by the FO that cost us games.

Yep, and another one they foolishly and stubbornly stuck to.  Friggin dumbasses.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2017, 01:47 PM)Nately120 Wrote: You may be right.  I just have to assume that Mike Brown doesn't want to go through the hassle of finding another HC who will fall in line with the off-putting MO that he runs.  I only look into the future on Thursdays, but I'll say I'm at least 50% sure Marvin will be back in 2018 and about 90% sure either Marvin or Geunther will be the HC in 2018.

LMAO LMAO :andy:

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2017, 04:00 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hope you are wrong man, all i know is all my optimsim would be gone for the future.

Lordy, I hope I'm wrong too...but this franchise has been pretty great at destroying optimism, so ehh.  
Reply/Quote
Don't know. We haven't been good on offense since Lazor has been our OC.

Outside of the two Browns games, the Bengals have scored 34 points in the second half (7 games).

We still rank dead last in offensive yards and 31st in rushing yards. Also tied for 27th with four other teams with rushing touchdowns. Also average 3.2 YPC.
29th is converting 3rd downs with a 33.6%.
Through the last 6 games, the Bengals FINALLY eclipsed 100 rushing yards in the second half. Before last game, the last 5 games combined they didn't have 100 rushing yards. And Andy Dalton led the team in rushing.

I honestly don't think we beat the Ravens. The Ravens ran it down the Bengals throats like it was nothing. Texans is more possible though due to Watson getting only 3 days of practice.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
Lazor with a whole offseason and TC. Yes we win.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2017, 01:03 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Lazor with a whole offseason and TC.  Yes we win.

...and a couple new linemen and a new line coach. Give him all of this, and I think Lazor will prove to be a keeper. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2017, 01:16 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: ...and a couple new linemen and a new line coach. Give him all of this, and I think Lazor will prove to be a keeper. 

Changes are certainly coming. We will see when we get there.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2017, 02:55 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Maybe I'm one of the few, but I haven't been very impressed with Lazor. There were some absolute putrid offensive performances since Lazor took over.

In all fairness Zamp was worse, and Lazor probably rolled with what Zamp had set up.  I would imagine if he had been the OC from the start of the season he would be much better.
Reply/Quote
Playing devils advocate a moment Zamp didn't exactly have a great deal of time to figure out how to fix certain issues, but he still had to go. 
Perhaps Lazor has some new ideas to add next year if he's still around, but so far he's been underwhelming for the most part. 
My optimistic side says there will be massive changes next year, my pessimistic side says those changes will be good players getting replaced by not so good players. I hope I'm completely wrong for once.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2017, 12:45 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Just to play Devil's Advocate here, it absolutely would've. Different schemes, different play calls, different audibles, Different everything.

Could Dalton have still had 5 turnovers? Absolutely. He could've turned the ball over 5 times against Cleveland, too.

Could and would are two different beasts.

I already said that! Lol But for some of the turnovers it wasnt the scheme or playcall. It was Dalton making a really bad decision. 
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2017, 02:57 PM)Sweetness Wrote: I already said that! Lol But for some of the turnovers it wasnt the scheme or playcall. It was Dalton making a really bad decision. 

Bad scheme and playcalling can lead to confusion. Confusion can lead to "bad decisions".

Honestly though, I'll give you the Baltimore game. That defense has been hot this year and I don't think we win that one even with Lazor.

What about the Texans game though? Dalton didn't turn it over in that one, and we lost because we couldn't get into the End Zone (the Eifert non-TD hurt). I have to think a better scheme nets us more than 9 points in that one. 

Really, Dalton has been excellent on turnovers outside of that one game.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2017, 04:12 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Bad scheme and playcalling can lead to confusion. Confusion can lead to "bad decisions".

Honestly though, I'll give you the Baltimore game. That defense has been hot this year and I don't think we win that one even with Lazor.

What about the Texans game though? Dalton didn't turn it over in that one, and we lost because we couldn't get into the End Zone (the Eifert non-TD hurt). I have to think a better scheme nets us more than 9 points in that one. 

Really, Dalton has been excellent on turnovers outside of that one game.

Do you people even read my posts?!  Cry I literally said I think we easily win the Texans game with Lazor as the OC. 
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2017, 04:21 PM)Sweetness Wrote: Do you people even read my posts?!  Cry I literally said I think we easily win the Texans game with Lazor as the OC. 

Oops, sorry lol. I actually didn't read your first post in that back and forth.
Reply/Quote