Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
With Bridgewater seriously injured, could there be a Mccarron trade?
(09-04-2016, 12:13 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I thought the same thing yesterday, Nately. While I do think Bradford is better, is he really THAT much better?

I know one thing. I can say without looking up the stats that Bradford has protected the football a lot better than Sanchize. With the Vikings looking for someone to manage games and protect the football, I'd say Bradford is clearly the better choice. Sanchez for free sure sounds enticing though after they gave up so much for Bradford.

Man, I bet the Vikings boards are blowing up on that subject right now.

EDIT: INT percentages over last 2 years (with career % in parenthesis)

Bradford- 2.27 (2.27)
Sanchez- 3.75

For anyone who doesn't know, anything under 2.5 means you don't throw many picks. Anything over 3 or 3.5 means you chuck them on a regular. Sanchez probably would've held down the starting gig in Philly if not for turnovers. He was certainly efficient enough running the offense.

Yeah, you make good points.  This is one of those things that you certainly can't rate until the dust has settled.  Still, I don't see the Vikings as being close to the Broncos in that realm of "Just need a QB any QB and we're going all the way" discussion.  I don't see the Vikings unseating the Packers at the top of the NFC North this year regardless if Bridgewater, Hill, Sanchez, or Bradford are at QB.  The Vikings get a wild card at best, and Bradford has never posted a winning season much less a playoff appearance, much less a playoff run, so I don't see him going on the road and winning a playoff game in Seattle, Green Bay, Arizona, or Carolina etc.

There is no such thing as a bad 11-5 year BUT they were 2-4 against teams with a winning record, 2-5 if you count the loss in the playoffs.  They fell short against the Broncos, Packers (split with them), Cardinals, and Seahawks which doesn't speak too well to their ability to take care of business in the NFC.  

We shall see, but I'm skeptical that:
1.  the Vikings are a QB away from a playoff run
2.  Sam Bradford is worth a 1st and a 4th  being that QB to make said playoff run
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote