Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
With Bridgewater seriously injured, could there be a Mccarron trade?
(08-30-2016, 09:33 PM)hollodero Wrote: Fair enough. If it were up to you, which offer would be too intriguing to refuse? Just for getting an idea about the price range.

Next years 1st and 3rd.
Reply/Quote
What?  Have you been in a coma since 2014 or something?
[/quote]
He hasnt missed a game before this injury in his career?
(08-30-2016, 09:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Eli is on a 194 games played streak. If Andy starts the season, he'll be at 1.

He was at 77 before he got injured this was his first missed games in his carreer
Reply/Quote
Zimmer wasnt here when we drafted McCarron.

Having said that. Doubt he loves him enough. But if he does.

Stefon Diggs i saw someone mention in another thread.
And throw in Mackensie Alexander and a 2nd in 2017.
Reply/Quote
Think it's funny how one freak injury in Dalton's career and people are treating McCarron as the one piece that decides a SB or not.

Other backups in Dalton's career:
-Bruce Gradkowski ('11 & '12)
-Josh Johnson ('13)
-Jason Campbell ('14)

That's one of the ugliest backup QB lists I can think of right there... and the Bengals were fine.

- - - - - - - - - -
I don't like the idea of weakening a roster right before the season starts, but if the offer is better than a 2nd round pick, I don't see how you ignore it.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
The thrice weekly McCarron trade thread.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 09:54 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No.  he is under contract for next year.

that is why all this trade talk is so puzzling.

I think his name will always come up in situations like this.  He's a decent QB with a lot of potential.  He filled in well for Andy when Andy was out, so somebody might be willing to give up a lot if they are in that situation, as Minnesota is.  Add in Mike Zimmer's connection to us and there have to at least be conversations.
Reply/Quote
Everson Griffin straight up.  

Hilarious

Onto things that may actually happen, I think you have to get at least a 2nd and 4th or a 1st to pull the trigger. The whole trading for picks thing is a lot less appealing now than it was before the draft imo.  McCarron gives the team higher odds of winning games this season, and he's shown that if Dalton goes down then the season doesn't automatically go in the dumpster like it does for many teams.  It would take a lot for them to ship off a guy who may possibly save the season.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 09:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It is unlikely that your house will burn down, but I pretty much guarantee every homeowner here has insurance against such an event.

Yeah because its state law that you have to have insurance when theres a lien on the home. 

I tell people this. If "insurance" was truly worth the money, the insurance places wouldnt be in business! They make millions. Put 2 and 2 together. How else are they building these huge skyscrapers?

So your argument of saying you need insurance just went backwards.

Look, im not saying we should trade him, but you can always entertain offers. Remember when we were offered 7 draft picks for our 1 draft pick? And our mike brown wouldnt even ENTERTAIN the offer? Thats a missed opportunity. 

Im not saying we'll do it, we at least have to look into it. I mean, theres gotta be a certain #, draft pick, or player(s) that we could at least consider. I mean if they offered us say a good back-up, Diggs,  and a first round draft pick, we'd be stupid not to. Not saying that thats possible, but still.

The vikings are desperate, like any team when losing their starting qb for the season. This could be their only hope to save the season.

But still, nothing will probably happen. The Vikings are likely looking for a temporary fix, they dont need AJ McCarron. They will have their franchise qb back in 2017

AJ McCarron is also looking for a STARTING job, so I don't really know how it would work.
Reply/Quote
The reason people (not just here, go look on Twitter) always bring up AJM when a QB goes down is because AJM is viewed by many as a capable and deserving NFL starter.

He's behind a bona fide stud here, so he's really only good as an insurance policy. If the Bengals can get something that helps them this year, with Shaun Hill thrown in in case of another Andy injury, you have to at least listen.

But it speaks to how valuable the organization thinks AJM is that they don't even listen to offers for him. I'm sure they had plenty of opportunities to trade him if they wanted.

Denver is trotting out a no-name scrub at QB, Dallas is going to play a guy that Trent Dilfer can't wait to call "remedial" and the Vikes have absolutely nothing.

I'd wager that KC or NYJ is the team that moves a QB to the Vikings. They have extras, and AJM isn't viewed as an extra by the Bengals front office.

He's viewed as untouchable.
Reply/Quote
I don't really see why the Vikings need to seek out a big QB trade anyways. Isn't that the point of having Shaun Hill (who's supposed to be one of the better backup QB prospects despite the fact he ain't played in a while). If i was them I'd go after a guy that people are wanting to ship off like Colin Kaepernick or Aaron Murray and let them sit/fight for a starting spot.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 11:37 PM)Gohards Wrote: Yeah because its state law that you have to have insurance when theres a lien on the home. 

I tell people this. If "insurance" was truly worth the money, the insurance places wouldnt be in business! They make millions. Put 2 and 2 together. How else are they building these huge skyscrapers?

Should have said car insurance...The state does not require anyone to carry HO insurance....Only the lender requires it.
BTW...I sell insurance for a living
Reply/Quote
Macaroni isn't going anywhere. The Vikings will pursue other options including all the ex-Browns quarterbacks. Maybe even Flopzel? lol
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 11:57 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Macaroni isn't going anywhere. The Vikings will pursue other options including all the ex-Browns quarterbacks. Maybe even Flopzel? lol

Don't see that one happening....Zimmer called Fartball a clown before he was even drafted.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 11:40 PM)BigSeph Wrote: The reason people (not just here, go look on Twitter) always bring up AJM when a QB goes down is because AJM is viewed by many as a capable and deserving NFL starter.

He's behind a bona fide stud here, so he's really only good as an insurance policy.  If the Bengals can get something that helps them this year, with Shaun Hill thrown in in case of another Andy injury, you have to at least listen.

But it speaks to how valuable the organization thinks AJM is that they don't even listen to offers for him.  I'm sure they had plenty of opportunities to trade him if they wanted.

Denver is trotting out a no-name scrub at QB, Dallas is going to play a guy that Trent Dilfer can't wait to call "remedial" and the Vikes have absolutely nothing.

I'd wager that KC or NYJ is the team that moves a QB to the Vikings.  They have extras, and AJM isn't viewed as an extra by the Bengals front office.

You are exactly right about the AJM situation.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 11:40 PM)BigSeph Wrote: The reason people (not just here, go look on Twitter) always bring up AJM when a QB goes down is because AJM is viewed by many as a capable and deserving NFL starter.

He's behind a bona fide stud here, so he's really only good as an insurance policy.  If the Bengals can get something that helps them this year, with Shaun Hill thrown in in case of another Andy injury, you have to at least listen.

But it speaks to how valuable the organization thinks AJM is that they don't even listen to offers for him.  I'm sure they had plenty of opportunities to trade him if they wanted.

I'd wager that KC or NYJ is the team that moves a QB to the Vikings.  They have extras, and AJM isn't viewed as an extra by the Bengals front office.

Very well said. Does this mean this team really wants to win?

(08-30-2016, 11:51 PM)spazz70 Wrote: Should have said car insurance...The state does not require anyone to carry HO insurance....Only the lender requires it.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 11:51 PM)spazz70 Wrote: Should have said car insurance...The state does not require anyone to carry HO insurance....Only the lender requires it.

Maybe i was thinking about cars. But still, how do you explain the skyscrapers? 
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 11:37 PM)Gohards Wrote: Yeah because its state law that you have to have insurance when theres a lien on the home. 

Look, im not saying we should trade him, but you can always entertain offers. Remember when we were offered 7 draft picks for our 1 draft pick? And our mike brown wouldnt even ENTERTAIN the offer? Thats a missed opportunity. 

Im not saying we'll do it, we at least have to look into it. I mean, theres gotta be a certain #, draft pick, or player(s) that we could at least consider. I mean if they offered us say a good back-up, Diggs,  and a first round draft pick, we'd be stupid not to. Not saying that thats possible, but still.

The vikings are desperate, like any team when losing their starting qb for the season. This could be their only hope to save the season.

But still, nothing will probably happen. The Vikings are likely looking for a temporary fix, they dont need AJ McCarron. They will have their franchise qb back in 2017

AJ McCarron is also looking for a STARTING job, so I don't really know how it would work.

So true about insurance. I refused to carry health insurance for decades for this very reason. I can offer cash at the doctor and get highly discounted rates from any doctor I choose and I'm not paying for the freeloaders to get care they don't need.

High health care costs come from insurance companies and lawyers. Eliminate health insurance altogether and doctors will need to charge what people can afford, otherwise no customers. Get rid of malpractice threats, which is also another lawyer/insurance deal, and doctors can then be doctors. Today they have to carry extra staff just to handle insurance companies. Because of the malpractice threat they give excessive tests and treatments that actually aren't needed at all, but are only done to cover their behinds.

Simple.

But, as far as a decent backup QB goes, I wouldn't call that insurance when you already own the contract. It's just common sense when you want a Super Bowl and your starting QB lost for the season in 12th game of the year.

McCarron will have high value this coming off season and we'll draft another QB.

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2016, 12:43 AM)BengalChris Wrote: So true about insurance. I refused to carry health insurance for decades for this very reason. I can offer cash at the doctor and get highly discounted rates from any doctor I choose and I'm not paying for the freeloaders to get care they don't need.

High health care costs come from insurance companies and lawyers. Eliminate health insurance altogether and doctors will need to charge what people can afford, otherwise no customers. Get rid of malpractice threats, which is also another lawyer/insurance deal, and doctors can then be doctors. Today they have to carry extra staff just to handle insurance companies. Because of the malpractice threat they give excessive tests and treatments that actually aren't needed at all, but are only done to cover their behinds.

Simple.

But, as far as a decent backup QB goes, I wouldn't call that insurance when you already own the contract. It's just common sense when you want a Super Bowl and your starting QB lost for the season in 12th game of the year.

McCarron will have high value this coming off season and we'll draft another QB.

Good post until this part. If Dalton goes down, there's no chance the Bengals are winning a SB.

McCarron can keep the team floating if Dalton goes down for 4 weeks in the middle of the season, but if Dalton goes down for good? Season's over. You can't play the Blaine Gabbert 49ers and Ryan Mallett Ravens every week.

Reply/Quote
1. They'd be dumb not to at least listen to see if the Vikings blow them away.

2. The Vikings probably aren't going to offer much if they're even interested. Shaun Hill isn't exactly the worst backup. In fact he used to be considered a top backup. Plus he already knows the system. So why trade a high pick for a guy who likely won't be a big upgrade this year? Unless they think Mac can compete with Bridgewater next year, not much reason to make a move. That said...

3. I think Teddy is more than a bit overrated. That offense ran through AP and TB was the definition of a game manager last year. While I do think Mac could thrive there (if he quickly learned the offense), I also think Shaun Hill could hold it down as well...if AP has some gas left.

4. Anyone else remember when Shaun Hill was a 49er and led them to a W against the Bengals years ago? Any time I hear that dude's name, I think of that game. 2008 I think it was.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2016, 01:26 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 4. Anyone else remember when Shaun Hill was a 49er and led them to a W against the Bengals years ago? Any time I hear that dude's name, I think of that game. 2008 I think it was.

Couldn't have been that year. The Bengals didn't play in 2008.

..... I SAID THE BENGALS DIDN'T PLAY IN 2008!
[Image: tumblr_myod82YgrU1rcwa0zo3_250.gif]

Reply/Quote