Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
With Bridgewater seriously injured, could there be a Mccarron trade?
Lol loving it shaun hill is 36!!!
Reply/Quote
Do not get the push for a trade..... sure Andy is better than AJM and is a tough guy but no reason to trade away your second chance chip
if something did occur again.

If AJM gets traded it will be during or after next years draft.

With Andy and AJM on the roster you are set to compete this year under any situation.... barring a 2 QB death on the field situation ala Mutant League Football.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2016, 01:29 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Couldn't have been that year. The Bengals didn't play in 2008.

..... I SAID THE BENGALS DIDN'T PLAY IN 2008!
[Image: tumblr_myod82YgrU1rcwa0zo3_250.gif]

Sure they did. That was the year Carson busted his nose and his elbow. Chris Perry averaged 2.6 YPC and fumbled like 5 times in 4 starts, then we started 0-4, then McNabb wasn't aware games could end in a tie, then...

Agggh! You're right. It never happened.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2016, 01:26 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 1. They'd be dumb not to at least listen to see if the Vikings blow them away.

2. The Vikings probably aren't going to offer much if they're even interested. Shaun Hill isn't exactly the worst backup. In fact he used to be considered a top backup. Plus he already knows the system. So why trade a high pick for a guy who likely won't be a big upgrade this year? Unless they think Mac can compete with Bridgewater next year, not much reason to make a move. That said...

3. I think Teddy is more than a bit overrated. That offense ran through AP and TB was the definition of a game manager last year. While I do think Mac could thrive there (if he quickly learned the offense), I also think Shaun Hill could hold it down as well...if AP has some gas left.

4. Anyone else remember when Shaun Hill was a 49er and led them to a W against the Bengals years ago? Any time I hear that dude's name, I think of that game. 2008 I think it was.
Agree with everything except the Teddy is more than a bit overrated. Of course am his biggest fan. 

But even AP says he has greatness in him. Zimmer says he loves the kid and him and Norv Turner said last year he was only asked to be game manager. But both expected him to be a playmaker this season. But they no nothing. 

Players were even reported as hurling expletives into the air afterwards. 

Hill is 36 and has not played much lately. 

But you are right and they will revert back to going through AP. 

Zimmer will still get the most out of them somehow. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2016, 01:40 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Lol loving it shaun hill is 36!!!

Tom Brady is 39. 

Note: I'm not saying Hill = Brady. Just saying 36 isn't ancient for the QB position. Many many many play well at 36 or older. Especially guys who have stayed relatively healthy like Hill.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 10:24 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: I'd consider a 2nd round pick.

No questions i'm doing it for a first.

Agree

and Minnesota's only an AP injury away from that 1st being a high one. 

Would haggle with them to add a later pick or a player with the 2nd just because they are over a barrel. 

Still would consider it if not though. 

But would keep McCarron if getting anything less. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
McCarron for Treadwell straight up or shut up.

Reply/Quote
Phone: "ring..ring"

Marvin: "Hello?"

Zimmer: "Marv? It's Zim. What do you want for McCarron?"

Marvin: "giggle, giggle"

Phone: "click"
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
No.

Vikes looking to re-sign Brad Sorensen. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2016, 03:31 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: No.

Vikes looking to re-sign Brad Sorensen. 

Poor poor Vikings fans... Sorensen? That's the best they could come up with to back up Hill? The guy's never thrown a pass in the NFL in 3 years, and here's his preseasons....

2016: Didn't even play.
2015: 55.1% completion, 4.9 YPA, 1 TD/3 INT, 55.0 QB Rating
2014: 56.4% completion, 4.6 YPA, 0 TD/2 INT, 46.7 QB Rating
2013: 53.3% completion, 6.0 YPA, 2 TD/2 INT, 68.0 QB Rating

And that's against people who likely never played in the NFL again..... Sorensen is officially the worst player in the NFL with a job now, or as I like to call it, the Current Jordan Palmer.   Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
If AJ doesn't play a snap this year, you can likely still get a 2nd or 3rd in the offseason for him going into his final year. I'd rather have him as actual insurance since they're trying to win a ring. Since the injury isn't career threatening, Bridgewater is still their long term guy so they'll roll with Hill and look at reasonable options to back him up. Dealing a 1st isn't reasonable for the Vikes as they'll trust Hill, so no matter how desperate we want the Vikes to be, AJ isn't a match.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2016, 01:26 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 1. They'd be dumb not to at least listen to see if the Vikings blow them away.

2. The Vikings probably aren't going to offer much if they're even interested. Shaun Hill isn't exactly the worst backup. In fact he used to be considered a top backup. Plus he already knows the system. So why trade a high pick for a guy who likely won't be a big upgrade this year? Unless they think Mac can compete with Bridgewater next year, not much reason to make a move. That said...

3. I think Teddy is more than a bit overrated. That offense ran through AP and TB was the definition of a game manager last year. While I do think Mac could thrive there (if he quickly learned the offense), I also think Shaun Hill could hold it down as well...if AP has some gas left.

4. Anyone else remember when Shaun Hill was a 49er and led them to a W against the Bengals years ago? Any time I hear that dude's name, I think of that game. 2008 I think it was.

You had me until #3. He is still quite young and developing.  He left college a year early and went on to start 12 games in season 1......without AP.  The Vikings receiving corps isn't exactly a whos who of wideouts....although Rudolph is a good TE.  The o line has struggled a tad too.  That said....he and Treadwell had looked pretty good this preaeason and Teddy seemed to have taken another step in his development.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Other teams without an adequate backup QB is their own bad planning. There's no reason for the Bengals to trade away theirs to solve another team's problem and create the same problem for the Bengals.

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2016, 07:50 AM)Wyche Wrote: You had me until #3. He is still quite young and developing.  He left college a year early and went on to start 12 games in season 1......without AP.  The Vikings receiving corps isn't exactly a whos who of wideouts....although Rudolph is a good TE.  The o line has struggled a tad too.  That said....he and Treadwell had looked pretty good this preaeason and Teddy seemed to have taken another step in his development.

I don't know too many starting QBs that are worse than Bridgewater honestly. He has trouble throwing deep, and his intermediate throws weren't even that good. His pocket presence is pretty awful too.
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't care to trade McCarron. The way I see it, if Dalton goes down our season is over anyways. McCarron might give us the edge against bad teams, but he won't lead us to the playoffs or win a playoff game. There's a chance that he might leave the team after his rookie contract is up, so why not get some high draft picks for him?
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 08:34 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Teddy Bridgewater went down in practice with a knee injury so bad that they called an ambulance.  They are looking at replacements.  Wonder if Mccarron is in the mix.

I'm from Cincinnati and currently live in Minnesota and man...... the atmosphere here is dead..... all hope has been lost with the Bridgewater injury.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2016, 09:18 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: I don't know too many starting QBs that are worse than Bridgewater honestly. He has trouble throwing deep, and his intermediate throws weren't even that good. His pocket presence is pretty awful too.

Again, year three after a college career cut short....I recall a lot of the same things being said about our guy.....as for worse, Matt Ryan, Gabbert/Krapernick, Anyone on the Browns, Cutler, The Titans mess, Foles/Rams mess, Bradford, Peyton Manning was God awful last season, the trash the Texans trotted out.....I could go on. As for this season, as I said, he was moving along nicely in his development.....sure threw a nice deep ball on us.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 08:34 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Teddy Bridgewater went down in practice with a knee injury so bad that they called an ambulance.  They are looking at replacements.  Wonder if Mccarron is in the mix.

If any team offered us a 1st and a 3rd round pick I would consider it, anything short of that I would say no.

AJ has shown he can be a franchise QB so it would take a lot to get him I would think.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 08:48 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I wonder if the Vikings are considering it, with Zimmer knowing the Bengals and are players so well.

i dont believe McCarron ever threw a pass while zimmer was still here...

At least very very few as he was hurt most that year.

Are we gonna have Hey this QB is hurt lets trade McCarron every time?

No trade for draft picks we have enough of those. if someone wants McCarron we need a starting caliber player in return.

Chad Henne from the jags probly be a better option... And McCown from the browns would be cheaper to get and both would be serviceable.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2016, 09:28 AM)Wyche Wrote: Again, year three after a college career cut short....I recall a lot of the same things being said about our guy.....as for worse, Matt Ryan, Gabbert/Krapernick, Anyone on the Browns, Cutler, The Titans mess, Foles/Rams mess, Bradford, Peyton Manning was God awful last season, the trash the Texans trotted out.....I could go on.  As for this season, as I said, he was moving along nicely in his development.....sure threw a nice deep ball on us.

He looked good last preseason too. Preseason doesn't mean anything. Matt Ryan made Bridgewater look like a rookie. Josh McCown outplayed Bridgewater by a far margin, Bradford and Manning both outplayed him too. Brian Hoyer had way better stats than Bridgewater. Cutler even did better than Bridgewater. Mariota didn't look as bad as Bridgwater when he was playing. Bridgewater is one of the worst QBs in the league.
Reply/Quote