Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
With Bridgewater seriously injured, could there be a Mccarron trade?
(08-31-2016, 08:19 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Sure, but both McCarron and the dude off the waivers can beat 5-11 teams with the current Bengals around them. Both McCarron and the dude off the waivers will lose to good teams. The only difference that will happen is that McCarron will lose a closer game than the dude off the waivers against those good teams.

At least that's how I see it. If they offer a 1st & 4th, or a 2nd & 3rd, I would pull the trigger. The last 2nd round pick the Bengals got from a trade, they picked up Giovani Bernard. Imagine adding another Giovani Bernard talent level of player at C, LB, or WR.

While I feel ya on the TB thing, I disagree with your AJM assessment. 

First, he had the playoff game won last season. His stats weren't great but the game was in the bag sans Hill's fumble.

Secondly, he now has another year in the system and has shown improvement. Made a great throw to Boyd against the Vike's also made a very nice throw to Erickson Sunday night.

Last but not least the last time I checked the team with the best defense won the SB last season. We had a very good D then and still do.

It would have to be a kings ransom to even entertain the thought and as has been mentioned multiple times, probably not gonna happen.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2016, 08:26 PM)McC Wrote: Yikes.  How on earth could something like that happen in a non contact drill?

Hey, a team that I played on, granted it was only Semi-Pro, we had a QB destroy his knee on a counter play...  It happens.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2016, 09:05 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: While I feel ya on the TB thing, I disagree with your AJM assessment. 

First, he had the playoff game won last season. His stats weren't great but the game was in the bag sans Hill's fumble.

Secondly, he now has another year in the system and has shown improvement. Made a great throw to Boyd against the Vike's also made a very nice throw to Erickson Sunday night.

Last but not least the last time I checked the team with the best defense won the SB last season. We had a very good D then and still do.

It would have to be a kings ransom to even entertain the thought and as has been mentioned multiple times, probably not gonna happen.

McCarron didn't have that playoff game won. The defense did. If Burfict wouldn't have taken out Ben then we probably only would have scored 3 points. The rest of the scores we had was because the defense put the offense on Pittsburgh's side of the field. The defense played like the best defense in the league. They even played better than Denver's defense a week later when they didn't have AB
 McCarron on one of the scoring drives gave it to the RBs for most of the yards, and he played horrible in the first 3 quarters and only had one decent drive. I really wish people would rewatch the playoff game so they can cringe at themselves for acting like McCarron did anything well.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2016, 09:24 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: McCarron didn't have that playoff game won. The defense did. If Burfict wouldn't have taken out Ben then we probably only would have scored 3 points. The rest of the scores we had was because the defense put the offense on Pittsburgh's side of the field. The defense played like the best defense in the league. They even played better than Denver's defense a week later when they didn't have AB
 McCarron on one of the scoring drives gave it to the RBs for most of the yards, and he played horrible in the first 3 quarters and only had one decent drive. I really wish people would rewatch the playoff game so they can cringe at themselves for acting like McCarron did anything well.

Sure, McCarron didn't look like a superstar for most of the game.  But, he came through late in the game, when it counted.  The team had the game won, it was unfortunate that it ended the way that it did.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2016, 09:31 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Sure, McCarron didn't look like a superstar for most of the game.  But, he came through late in the game, when it counted.  The team had the game won, it was unfortunate that it ended the way that it did.

He didn't come through at the end. We lost. The defense carried us that game. If they played like a good defense we would have been smoked. They played like the best in the league. If he would have played below average that game we would have won. Just rewatch the playoff game to remind yourself how well te defense played and how horrible McCarron played.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2016, 08:26 PM)McC Wrote: Yikes.  How on earth could something like that happen in a non contact drill?

Just one of those things could have been the last straw idk he planted his leg and immideately it gave out just one of those insane fluke things but his career if it dosent heal right is in serious jeopardy
Reply/Quote

Reports stated that the torn ACL tendon basically caused the knee cap dislocation, which in turn caused the remaining "significant structural damage"...

(08-31-2016, 09:04 PM)Stormborn Wrote: If you're going to judge quarterbacks by statistics and statistics alone, especially quarterbacks,

you're going to make an ass out of yourself

So Aaron Brooks posting 4 straight seasons of 3500+ yards in N.O. in before the modern pass happy era didn't make him an elite QB?
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2016, 09:51 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: So Aaron Brooks posting 4 straight seasons of 3500+ yards in N.O. in before the modern pass happy era didn't make him an elite QB?

excuse me
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2016, 10:16 PM)Stormborn Wrote: excuse me

Trying to prove your point.  I probably should have thrown one of these in there Ninja
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2016, 10:21 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Trying to prove your point.  I probably should have thrown one of these in there Ninja

i'm rusty on here
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2016, 08:19 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Sure, but both McCarron and the dude off the waivers can beat 5-11 teams with the current Bengals around them. Both McCarron and the dude off the waivers will lose to good teams. The only difference that will happen is that McCarron will lose a closer game than the dude off the waivers against those good teams.

But we don't just play 5-11 teams and playoff teams.  We also play teams that win 7 to 9 games.  And winning those games could be the difference between making the playoffs and staying home.  And it is very possible that Dalton misses a few games but comes back healthy for the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2016, 10:21 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Trying to prove your point.  I probably should have thrown one of these in there Ninja

What good QB has bad stats? None. Bridgewater has really bad stats.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2016, 11:17 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: What good QB has bad stats? None. Bridgewater has really bad stats.

what are stats without context?
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2016, 05:08 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Doesn't matter, Adrian Peterson is making $12m this year. The Bengals have $9.6m in cap space.

Restructure his contract.  I'm sure he'd appreciate playing for a contender.  He certainly improves our run game.  I could only imagine a one two punch with Gio and AP.  We should be in win now mode doing everything we can before our window closes.  
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2016, 08:37 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: I guess you can't look up the stats because those guys blew Bridgewater away. Just admit you're wrong when you actually look at the facts.

Peyton Manning.....2249 yds....9 TDs....17 INTs.....67.9 rating.

Drops. Mic.

By your rationale.....Dalton is terrible because of 2014.  Get a clue.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2016, 09:11 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Hey, a team that I played on, granted it was only Semi-Pro, we had a QB destroy his knee on a counter play...  It happens.

I read that he dropped back, planted to throw and his knee exploded.  Unbelievable.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2016, 09:11 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Hey, a team that I played on, granted it was only Semi-Pro, we had a QB destroy his knee on a counter play...  It happens.

Bridgewater's ordeal sounds a lot like the Marcus Lattimore injury.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2016, 11:59 PM)Stormborn Wrote: what are stats without context?

And Bridgewaters context he can't throw the long ball and relies on the run game to move the offense. He has shown absolutly nothing his first two years except he's really good at giving the ball to AP and throwing the ball 5 yards down the field.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2016, 05:32 AM)Wyche Wrote: Peyton Manning.....2249 yds....9 TDs....17 INTs.....67.9 rating.

Drops. Mic.

By your rationale.....Dalton is terrible because of 2014.  Get a clue.

TBH I didn't know that Manning had that bad of stats. That still doesn't take away the point that Bridgewater is one of the worst starting QBs in the league.

Plus how does that mean Dalton is terrible because of 2014? Dalton has had multiple good years, and Bridgewater has yet to have even a decent year.
Reply/Quote
I remember the last time they replaced the turf at PBS, it seems like half the team went down with knee injuries. New field in Minnesota... I'll be watching to see if the same thing occurs up there.
Reply/Quote