Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
With Green/Atkins/Dalton's Window Closing......
(01-20-2019, 06:52 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Incoming stat about how good Dalton is without AJ on Sunday’s that have an even number date, and the temperature is between 41 and 52 degrees out...

LMFAO!!

Anyone with eyes can see that Dalton plays differently without Green.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2019, 07:25 PM)BengalChris Wrote: LMFAO!!

Anyone with eyes can see that Dalton plays differently without Green.

As do most QBs when they loss their HOF WR..  Also AJ production also went down when Andy was not QB, hmm
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2019, 08:27 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: As do most QBs when they loss their HOF WR..  Also AJ production also went down when Andy was not QB, hmm

Hmm, HoF and Andy in the same paragraph does not belong.  Ninja

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2019, 05:38 PM)jason Wrote: Marvin Lewis was the last guy I believe...

Alright.  Ya got me there.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2019, 08:54 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Hmm, HoF and Andy in the same paragraph does not belong.  Ninja

Lol not deflect to my strong rebuttal 
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2019, 08:27 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: As do most QBs when they loss their HOF WR..  Also AJ production also went down when Andy was not QB, hmm

I’m probably one of the biggest AJ fans on this board, but why do so many think he’s going to go into the HoF? He would have to have a pretty insane finish to end his career. And stay completely healthy the rest of the way.

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2019, 09:12 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Lol not deflect to my strong rebuttal 

AJ Green's game does not change based on if Andy is in the game or not. Simply pointing out that Andy is our best QB says nothing at all.

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2019, 09:15 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’m probably one of the biggest AJ fans on this board, but why do so many think he’s going to go into the HoF? He would have to have a pretty insane finish to end his career. And stay completely healthy the rest of the way.

He's the only WR to start his career with 7 straight Pro Bowls. But you are correct, he needs to finish. If he keeps up his play for 3 or 4 more years he'll likely make it in, even though he's a Bengal. But they can't be injury shortened seasons.

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2019, 09:21 PM)BengalChris Wrote: AJ Green's game does not change based on if Andy is in the game or not. Simply pointing out that Andy is our best QB says nothing at all.

Everyone knows Andy is not elite. Not even close. So when the backup is in the game AJ's stats are naturally going to suffer otherwise the backup would be the starter.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2019, 09:27 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Everyone knows Andy is not elite. Not even close. So when the backup is in the game AJ's stats are naturally going to suffer otherwise the backup would be the starter.

As Dalton's will suffer without AJ, we seem to be on a merry go round
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2019, 09:15 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’m probably one of the biggest AJ fans on this board, but why do so many think he’s going to go into the HoF? He would have to have a pretty insane finish to end his career. And stay completely healthy the rest of the way.

Meanwhile, the guy picked after him...

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2019, 09:45 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: As Dalton's will suffer without AJ, we seem to be on a merry go round

Your merry go round is saying that AJ benefits from Dalton just as much as Dalton does from AJ? I say that Dalton has proven that AJ is his bread and butter.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2019, 10:05 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Your merry go round is saying that AJ benefits from Dalton just as much as Dalton does from AJ? I say that Dalton has proven that AJ is his bread and butter.

Yep, AJ Green would be a starting WR on every team in the NFL, without exception.

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2019, 09:27 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Everyone knows Andy is not elite. Not even close. So when the backup is in the game AJ's stats are naturally going to suffer otherwise the backup would be the starter.

I never had heard anyone say AD was or is elite. The debate is based on the numbers the past 5 years, how can anyone say Green is elite either?

He is not even close by the numbers. The HOF committee does not consider Green's injuries, they only can evaluate based on his numbers and as of now, he is not close to HOF numbers
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2019, 11:01 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I never had heard anyone say AD was or is elite. The debate is based on the numbers the past 5 years, how can anyone say Green is elite either?

He is not even close by the numbers. The HOF committee does not consider Green's injuries, they only can evaluate based on hos numbers and as of now, he is not close to HOF numbers

Never said he was elite but the facts say that AJ's numbers have suffered because he has played with a mediocre QB with a pathetic line, and coach.  I would put AJ's skill set as high any  receiver in his era. Are you saying Dalton's are also as good as any elite QB's. I didn't think so.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2019, 09:45 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: As Dalton's will suffer without AJ, we seem to be on a merry go round

All this is really saying is that Dalton is better than his backup. LOL 
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2019, 11:35 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Never said he was elite but the facts say that AJ's numbers have suffered because he has played with a mediocre QB with a pathetic line, and coach.  I would put AJ's skill set as high any  receiver in his era. Are you saying Dalton's are also as good as any elite QB's. I didn't think so.

I don't evaluate talent based on what they should do, I evaluate based on what they did do. You can blame others all day long, but then look deep into AJ who loses focus and drops passes, silly penalties and not his fault, but you have to put the work in to stay healthy. He can't stay on the field so no matter your talent, you are useless if not on the field playing the game.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 12:27 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I don't evaluate talent based on what they should do, I evaluate based on what they did do. You can blame others all day long, but then look deep into AJ who loses focus and drops passes, silly penalties and not his fault, but you have to put the work in to stay healthy. He can't stay on the field so no matter your talent, you are useless if not on the field playing the game.
You aren't a evaluator of talent at all. He was injured this year and put on IR after the team was out of the PO hunt to let his foot get completely healthy for next year. He has averaged over 1000 yds per season and 15yds per catch over is career. He had over 1000 yds in 2017. He has been double teamed almost every play. You need to stop. You are looking so foolish.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2019, 05:31 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Receptions / Yards / Rec TDs

2016: t-42nd (3 way tie) / 28th / t-48th (37 way tie)

Those stats are very deceptive.  In 2016 Green was 2nd in the league in receiving yards per game and the players voted him the 16th best player in the entire league in the annual MFL Top 100.

When evaluating talent most people look at what a player does when healthy.  That is why Gronkowski is considered the best TE even though he is injured a lot.  And when you look at what Green does when healthy there is no doubt he is elite.

He is 6th all-time in NFL history in receiving yards per game.

He has been to 7 Pro Bowls.

He has been voted as one of the Top 100 players 7 times including FIVE when he was in the top 25.  In fact 4 of the 5 years you chose to post his stats he was voted as one of the top 25 players at any position.

He may never make the Hall of Fame, but he is considered elite by most people.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 01:21 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Those stats are very deceptive.  In 2016 Green was 2nd in the league in receiving yards per game and the players voted him the 16th best player in the entire league in the annual MFL Top 100.

When evaluating talent most people look at what a player does when healthy.  That is why Gronkowski is considered the best TE even though he is injured a lot.  And when you look at what Green does when healthy there is no doubt he is elite.

He is 6th all-time in NFL history in receiving yards per game.

He has been to 7 Pro Bowls.

He has been voted as one of the Top 100 players 7 times including FIVE when he was in the top 25.  In fact 4 of the 5 years you chose to post his stats he was voted as one of the top 25 players at any position.

He may never make the Hall of Fame, but he is considered elite by most people.

All true, sure hope he gets a shot at a ring just like Geno, if they do they should get in the HOF.
Reply/Quote