Poll: With Green down and Boyd the only proven WR, which WR(s) do you think will step up?
Ventell Bryant
Cody Core
Alex Erickson
Josh Malone
Stanley Morgan
John Ross
Hunter Sharp
Auden Tate
Damion Willis
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
With Green down, which WR(s) do you think will step up?
With Green down and Boyd the only proven WR, which WR(s) do you think will step up?

You can pick two.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-30-2019, 02:56 PM)BengalChris Wrote: With Green down and Boyd the only proven WR who will start the season, which WR(s) do you think will step up?

You can pick two.

I'm hoping Tate and Malone
Reply/Quote
Kermit Whitfield.
Reply/Quote
I'm going with Core and Malone. They have been with the team long enough for them to realize that it's time to step up. Core is heading into his 4th and final year of his rookie deal, and for Malone, this will be his 3rd season. Both have the physical tools to do the job, seems like the previous coaching staff must have been unable to communicate the fine details to these players, as both have been disappointing thus far, to say the least.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Wait..you mean NOBODY is not an option? That's news to me..  Sad
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(07-30-2019, 03:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Kermit Whitfield.

Damn, I should have put an Other option and a None option in the poll. My bad.

I did think about including Eifert as he could be moved out to the slot as a WR, but decided not to.

Reply/Quote
If I had the choice of 3 it would be Malone, Morgan and Willis. I've heard good things about all three so far and Malone was reportedly injured last year.
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2019, 03:09 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Damn, I should have put an Other option and a None option in the poll. My bad.

I did think about including Eifert as he could be moved out to the slot as a WR, but decided not to.

I think Eifert will be called upon to fill a lot of the lost production.  Malone will likely take his spot on the field.  I would guess they will throw in a number of designed touches for Ross and Boyd will see a lot more looks, too.
Reply/Quote
Hunter Sharp is a great fake name...is he really a WR or did you just put a fake guy on there to see if we are paying attention?
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2019, 03:03 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm going with Core and Malone.  They have been with the team long enough for them to realize that it's time to step up.  Core is heading into his 4th and final year of his rookie deal, and for Malone, this will be his 3rd season.  Both have the physical tools to do the job, seems like the previous coaching staff must have been unable to communicate the fine details to these players, as both have been disappointing thus far, to say the least.

Fine details should just hinder you somewhat.. what seems to have held these two back is their own ability or lack there of
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2019, 03:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Kermit Whitfield.

(07-30-2019, 03:09 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Damn, I should have put an Other option and a None option in the poll. My bad.

Released last week...
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Guess I'm with the majority because I went with Erickson and Malone. Would love to see Ross step up but I'm starting to wonder if he can or if he even wants to.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I'm trying to be optimistic and think that Ross won't have another injury this year aside from this tweaked hamstring. If he's healthy, I think him.
I picked Morgan as the other. He doesn't seem like a gimmick late-rounder like Tate or Core.

If Ross stays dinged up throughout the season, I'd go with Malone.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I think Willis and Morgan will surprise some. Not sure Willis makes the 53 roster though. So if we are talking about existing WR on team, it would have to be Malone and Erickson. I think Erickson has come a long way.

But I have been hearing good things about Willis and Morgan. I think Morgan has a good chance of making the roster.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(07-30-2019, 03:05 PM)grampahol Wrote: Wait..you mean NOBODY is not an option? That's news to me..  Sad

I suspect that nobody will in fact step up... Alex Erickson might make a play here and there. I think it's going to come down to Boyd, Mixon, the Nard Dog, CJ, Eifert, and Sample carrying the load.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2019, 03:05 PM)grampahol Wrote: Wait..you mean NOBODY is not an option? That's news to me..  Sad

Yeah, I should have put in NONE or NOBODY, which is more or less who stepped last season (outside of Boyd).

Reply/Quote
John Ross.
Reply/Quote
Erickson is the safe choice, everyone else is a big mystery.
Reply/Quote
Malone and Ross with Eirckson getting some work.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Went with Erickson. He's the only one I trust.

We are going to need another one to step up tho. I feel like Core and Malone has had their shot and fair share of training camp fluff pieces to not fall for that talk again.

Ross, no chance.

The undrafted free agents will have to surprise, and the FO (ignoring Ross) can find some wide receivers. So it's possible.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote