Poll: With Green down and Boyd the only proven WR, which WR(s) do you think will step up?
Ventell Bryant
Cody Core
Alex Erickson
Josh Malone
Stanley Morgan
John Ross
Hunter Sharp
Auden Tate
Damion Willis
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
With Green down, which WR(s) do you think will step up?
I went with Erickson and Morgan. Erickson because he has shown flashes of usefulness, Morgan because the others I would consider have shown flashes of uselessness.
Reply/Quote
I voted Ross and this new kid Damion Willis who has been having a great camp.

Thinking Taylor will be more open to giving young players a shot then the old coaches were.

We will see but I keep waiting to see Ross explode onto the scene.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2019, 02:38 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I voted Ross and this new kid Damion Willis who has been having a great camp.

Thinking Taylor will be more open to giving young players a shot then the old coaches were.

We will see but I keep waiting to see Ross explode onto the scene.

If ZT is more willing to give the young guys a shot Ross and his inability to even contribute on the practice field could get left behind.  Ross is going into his 3rd year which, by this message board's standards could make him one of those annoying vet WRs that gets in the way of the younger guys getting their shot.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I always kinda hoped Auden Tate would emerge as some dynamite threat. Like a Martavius Bryant. Hoping this year will be the year.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
I went Ross and Malone. Both in year 3 and both great athletes ZT will figure out ho to use. Opportunity is huge for all of the WR's on the roster to prove they belong. It sounds like Willis was impressive again today, would love to see a FA shine in 2019.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2019, 02:55 PM)Nately120 Wrote: If ZT is more willing to give the young guys a shot Ross and his inability to even contribute on the practice field could get left behind.  Ross is going into his 3rd year which, by this message board's standards could make him one of those annoying vet WRs that gets in the way of the younger guys getting their shot.

One 7 catch game with 100 yards and a TD and the past will be a distant memory.

I hope he stays healthy and steps up big in 2019.

I have not seen it mentioned, but our offense can't be built around AJ in 2019 due to his injury. The only good news was AJ was hurt early in camp so ZT can adjust the offense if needed.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2019, 10:54 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: One 7 catch game with 100 yards and a TD and the past will be a distant memory.

I have not seen it mentioned, but our offense can't be built around AJ in 2019 due to his injury. The only good news was AJ was hurt early in camp so ZT can adjust the offense if needed.

I can't disagree, but it is interesting that all a 3rd year top 10 pick needs to do is have a single good game and we will gleefully blame everything prior to that point on others.  Ross is sort of lucky that we are so down on Marvin and company that we are giving him a bit of a 2-year do-over.  This could blow up in his face if he doesn't produce under ZT now, though.  The excuses are gone.

No more crappy system that ruined him, no more doghouse keeping him from getting on the field and either being awesome or getting better, no more Jeff Driskel being a crappy QB, and so on.  All the excuses are gone, but alas, Ross isn't even practicing.  It's early, but this guy doesn't seem like he's going to hit the ground running.

Also, what happened to that race he was going to run where we were worried he'd pull his hamstring?  I assume that didn't even happen (hamstring issues, be damned).
Reply/Quote
I went with Morgan and Willis both guys are ZT guys so I think their skill sets should fit the new system well.

Alex Erickson looks good on certain routes but when he is running strait down the field and looking over his shoulder to track the ball or catch it he looks like a converted QB and not a WR. Alex has good speed in returns but it does not seem to translate to him playing WR.

Malone would of been my 3rd pick he has NFL size and speed. But is he going to be as hungry as two CFA trying to make the 53 man roster.

I can not vote for Ross since he has been sitting out with a tight hammy for over a week now. This is not an injury not a pulled hammy and coaches can not see a tight hammy so Ross went to the coaches to complain about it. A tight hammy should be able to be fixed in a day or two stretching the muscle out no reason for this guy to be sitting out still. He can point at trainers saying they have not given him the ok to play. He can say TJ Housh told him to not over do it and say ZT wants to ease him back in so he don't get injured. But at the end of his career he will have to look at himself in the mirror and that's who is to blame nobody else.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2019, 07:46 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: I went with Morgan and Willis both guys are ZT guys so I think their skill sets should fit the new system well.

Alex Erickson looks good on certain routes but when he is running strait down the field and looking over his shoulder to track the ball or catch it he looks like a converted QB and not a WR. Alex has good speed in returns but it does not seem to translate to him playing WR.

Malone would of been my 3rd pick he has NFL size and speed. But is he going to be as hungry as two CFA trying to make the 53 man roster.

I can not vote for Ross since he has been sitting out with a tight hammy for over a week now. This is not an injury not a pulled hammy and coaches can not see a tight hammy so Ross went to the coaches to complain about it. A tight hammy should be able to be fixed in a day or two stretching the muscle out no reason for this guy to be sitting out still. He can point at trainers saying they have not given him the ok to play. He can say TJ Housh told him to not over do it and say ZT wants to ease him back in so he don't get injured. But at the end of his career he will have to look at himself in the mirror and that's who is to blame nobody else.

Why wouldn't Malone be as hungry to make it as the young guys?

New system, coach, and hasn't done much in the NFL either.

I'd say he'd be just as hungry and having some experience under his belt playing against NFL  caliber defenses would be his advantage.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2019, 07:58 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Why wouldn't Malone be as hungry to make it as the young guys?

New system, coach, and hasn't done much in the NFL either.

I'd say he'd be just as hungry and having some experience under his belt playing against NFL  caliber defenses would be his advantage.
He will be hungry as well but not sure if he will be as hungry as the CFA. He has had two years to shine and has not made much of an impact he has excuses system coaches and these are legit reasons. But Boyd had a big impact last season so I do not see a reason why he could not of flashed in a few games.

I have a feeling a decent WR will get cut this season hope they make it to the practice squad if eligible.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2019, 11:50 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I can't disagree, but it is interesting that all a 3rd year top 10 pick needs to do is have a single good game and we will gleefully blame everything prior to that point on others.  Ross is sort of lucky that we are so down on Marvin and company that we are giving him a bit of a 2-year do-over.  This could blow up in his face if he doesn't produce under ZT now, though.  The excuses are gone.

No more crappy system that ruined him, no more doghouse keeping him from getting on the field and either being awesome or getting better, no more Jeff Driskel being a crappy QB, and so on.  All the excuses are gone, but alas, Ross isn't even practicing.  It's early, but this guy doesn't seem like he's going to hit the ground running.

Also, what happened to that race he was going to run where we were worried he'd pull his hamstring?  I assume that didn't even happen (hamstring issues, be damned).

Who spit in your Wheaties? All I am saying is any player who breaks out in year 3, the past would be forgotten quickly. Players do break out in year 3. Again, once on the roster, I could care less their draft position, produce or be replaced. This is Ross last year to produce IMHO.

Reply/Quote
(08-04-2019, 07:46 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: I went with Morgan and Willis both guys are ZT guys so I think their skill sets should fit the new system well.

There's not enough to bash him about?  You have to just make shit up?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-04-2019, 08:55 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Who spit in your Wheaties? All I am saying is any player who breaks out in year 3, the past would be forgotten quickly. Players do break out in year 3. Again, once on the roster, I could care less their draft position, produce or be replaced. This is Ross last year to produce IMHO.

I'm just trying to keep up with the narratives and excuses for Ross. Why is this year his only chance?  Why can't he break out in 2020 once he's acclimated with ZT's system?

Even if he does nothing and we move on from him there are going to be peoplecwarning us that he's going to go to the Steelers or Patriots and bust out there.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2019, 09:05 AM)McC Wrote: There's not enough to bash him about?  You have to just make shit up?
Maybe you should watch the video of John Ross on Bengals.com before commenting.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2019, 10:16 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm just trying to keep up with the narratives and excuses for Ross. Why is this year his only chance?  Why can't he break out in 2020 once he's acclimated with ZT's system?

Even if he does nothing and we move on from him there are going to be peoplecwarning us that he's going to go to the Steelers or Patriots and bust out there.

What if he goes to the Texans, and breaks out there? That's not as bad... Right?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Got to think Malone and believe the Bengals do as well.

Pretty sure he was included on the mini poster sent out with season tickets along pictured with all the main top players.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Willis looks legit. Nothing but positive reviews on Willis. Watching you tube videos of the guy has me pretty excited. I was also really high on Malone too. We shall see
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2019, 10:54 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: One 7 catch game with 100 yards and a TD and the past will be a distant memory.

Ideally we have an offense like the Saints where we spread the ball around. Of course, we don't have Drew Brees…
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2019, 11:13 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Ideally we have an offense like the Saints where we spread the ball around. Of course, we don't have Drew Brees…

No, but we do have a guy who has some of the same traits.  And Andy has never had Sean Payton running his offense.

Impressive thing about the Saints is that they do spread it around, like you said, but they also have a guy catching a hundred twenty plus passes a year.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

If he does have a good game it won't make up for the lack of production to date. He really needs to have a consistently productive season.

Reply/Quote