Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
With Ivanka Trump’s Blessing, White House Ditches Equal Pay Rule
(09-05-2017, 02:47 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: A man who stays at home isn't providing for his family. Providing for your family is the definition of what a man does..... that's his job.

A man’s role is to take care of the financial responsibilities of the household. His job is to provide a warm roof, clothes on our backs, food on the table, security, keep the lights and heat on, etc. He is, in fact, the leader and the ultimate decision maker for his wife and children. A woman’s role is to support her husband and bear and nurture the children so that they grow up to be productive members of society.m. The man’s role is to help their mother discipline them if necessary and to help with goal setting and providing the necessary educational foundation and support for growth and development. A father provides tough love, a mother often provides love through understanding, and the two make one team.

A man can not do these things if he is playing Mr Mom.

How will his son learn how to be a strong family man? I guess he will be looking for a woman to take care of him.

Not to mention .... divorce rates are 40-50% higher for families with stay at home dad's.

Obviously this has hit a nerve with you. That's fine for your family have all the man wife's/Mr mom's you want.... but in our family we will push and support tried and true family roles that have a proven track record of success.

We can agree to disagree. I wouldn't want you to get emotional over something on a message board.

A man who provides care for his family isn't taking care of his family?

In the future, can you confine your trolling to your own daily wire or breitbart misinformation threads? Asking for a friend.
(09-05-2017, 05:47 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Thus ending the myth your employees can negotiate an individual wage on their own.

But, inexplicably, teachers can negotiate an individual wage on their own.

They can always negotiate. I can always have a starting a position. Both can be true at the same time.
(09-05-2017, 05:55 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I'm not sorry for pointing out the inherent sexism in your generalizations of people. And it shouldn't be surprising, because I don't have a problem pointing out things like sexism. I don't throw the -isms around a ton, but what you said was textbook.

You are free to call me whatever you wish. I just find it funny that you and Dino are the ones trying to claim that I am somehow sexist because I believe that the home is run best when a woman controls the home. They are in fact better nurturers than men.
(09-05-2017, 06:07 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: How does that work fantastically? Your wife takes care of the kids despite your claim that women must turn their backs on their family to work like a man. It's amazing she has the time to work like a man and home school your two children in different foreign languages simultaneously. (I guess she doesn't have the time or inclination to teach them mathematics which must be why they bring home common core math homework from the public school you don't send them to.)

She works like a man, home schools two kids in different foreign languages simultaneously, cooks, cleans, etc while you post stories from the daily wire. And you don't think there is a wage gap? LMFAO!

She works as she can, we run a business so we can adjust to compensate for her time spent at home. Women who care about their family all do this and that's the point.

As for you lol...... we do home school but it's in addition to school. We actually did exclusively home school for a while. ...... but hey let's not step on your Sherlock moment lol.

She doesn't work like man. She works like a mother. She takes time to ensure the home and children are good

she loves daily wire.
(09-05-2017, 06:46 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: They can always negotiate. I can always have a starting a position. Both can be true at the same time.

Sure they can go through the motions of negotiating, but they all start out at the same rate.

Potential Employee #1: I would like $70K to start.

Lucie: No.

End of negotiations.
(09-05-2017, 06:49 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: You are free to call me whatever you wish. I just find it funny that you and Dino are the ones trying to claim that I am somehow sexist because I believe that the home is run best when a woman controls the home. They are in fact better nurturers than men.

I didn't claim you were sexist, I said first that sexism was fun. But my second comment was that what you said was sexist. There is a distinction there. Also, again, your generalizations were classically sexist. I am calling the comments sexist based on the definition of the term, because they were.
(09-05-2017, 06:57 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: She works as she can, we run a business so we can adjust to compensate for her time spent at home. Women who care about their family all do this and that's the point.

As for you lol...... we do home school but it's in addition to school. We actually did exclusively home school for a while. ...... but hey let's not step on your Sherlock moment lol.

She doesn't work like man. She works like a mother. She takes time to ensure the home and children are good

she loves daily wire.

If you were taking care of your family she wouldn't need to work. She would be at home nurturing the kids and taking care of the home. Not at your office doing your job for you. If both of you cared about your children's education you would home school your children instead of taking your chances on a teacher who isn't vested in their education. At leasst according to your stereotypes because each of those statements is based upon what you have told other members here. See how sterotypes work?

The point is you contradict yourself at every turn and I remember your character's back story better than you.
(09-05-2017, 07:55 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I didn't claim you were sexist,I said first that sexism was fun. But my second comment was that what you said was sexist. There is a distinction there. Also, again, your generalizations were classically sexist. I am calling the comments sexist based on the definition of the term, because they were.

That doesn't fit his Imma victim narrative.
(09-05-2017, 08:13 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: That doesn't fit his Imma victim narrative.

I am looking at this thread. Therefore I am stalking someone.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(09-05-2017, 07:54 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Sure they can go through the motions of negotiating, but they all start out at the same rate.

Potential Employee #1: I would like $70K to start.

Lucie: No.

End of negotiations.

Depends on what their reasoning for compensation. If they bring something to the table that I need and beyond what others bring then yes they make more.
(09-05-2017, 08:11 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: If you were taking care of your family she wouldn't need to work. She would be at home nurturing the kids and taking care of the home. Not at your office doing your job for you. If both of you cared about your children's education you would home school your children instead of taking your chances on a teacher who isn't vested in their education. At leasst according to your stereotypes because each of those statements is based upon what you have told other members here. See how sterotypes work?

The point is you contradict yourself at every turn and I remember your character's back story better than you.

This is funny coming From the guy who posts his private personal documents along with his license plate because he got upset on a message board.

Maybe it's you that has a problem on here if you are so consumed by others.

As for the rest..... Men do not get to nurture. They have to bring home the bacon. A sacrifice that comes with being a man and a father. Men are responsible for discipline and setting standards and goals and then ensuring children stick to those standards and goals. Later in life these will be appreciated once the children are adults and understand the big picture.
(09-05-2017, 11:28 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Depends on what their reasoning for compensation.   If they bring something to the table that I need and beyond what others bring then yes they make more.

That's not negotiating.  That's already having something the employer is looking for.

What is so hard to understand about this?  LOL!
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(09-06-2017, 12:03 AM)GMDino Wrote: That's not negotiating.  That's already having something the employer is looking for.

What is so hard to understand about this?  LOL!

Anyone can try to negotiate but to negotiate you need to bring something to the table.

If an employee makes me an offer and backs it up with relevant information and it's something we can handle as a small business then we can do that or submit a counter offer.

What's scary is you think this is screwing over an employee. Have you only ever worked jobs with set pay and scheduled pay bumps? If so the.you should try an actual job where you bet on yourself..... can't play it safe and expect big things. Gotta take a risk.
(09-05-2017, 11:28 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Depends on what their reasoning for compensation. If they bring something to the table that I need and beyond what others bring then yes they make more.

What part of . . .

(09-04-2017, 01:16 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Do you/your office pay women less?

Everyone of my employees start out at the same rate a couple have distanced themselves but it has zero to do with male or female. It's purely numbers driven. And resets at the end of the year.

. . . don't you understand?

If they all start out at the same rate then they can't negotiate a better rate. If they could negotiate a better rate then they all wouldn't start out at the same rate.
(09-05-2017, 11:34 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: This is funny coming From the guy who posts his private personal documents along with his license plate because he got upset on a message board.

Maybe it's you that has a problem on here if you are so consumed by others.

Showing evidence to support my claims doesn't mean I'm upset. It means I'm not a liar. Although I understand why you are confused.

Quote:As for the rest..... Men do not get to nurture. They have to bring home the bacon. A sacrifice that comes with being a man and a father. Men are responsible for discipline and setting standards and goals and then ensuring children stick to those standards and goals. Later in life these will be appreciated once the children are adults and understand the big picture.

Yeah and if you successfully brought home the bacon your wife wouldn't need to turn her back on nurturing your children to work outside the home. But, instead she has to work to supplement your income because you fail at bringing home enough bacon so she can stay home and do her job of nuturing your kids. As a result of your failure, she can't home school your kids so you are forced to send your kids to a school where the teachers aren't invested in your kids education like you are. Even though you know the common core math is a joke it is more important for your wife to work to support you rather than prioritize your kids education. (Don't worry, we are all aware you're never going to take a picture of it like you claimed.)

At least, that is what you want me to believe regarding others, but somehow your own standards don't apply to you.

Odd.

I'm suspect of any teacher who spent years in the teacher's union, but can't seem to use your or you're in a sentence correctly without falsely blaming the autocorrect on his phone even though your autocorrect won't change you're to your. What kind of education could that person provide anyone?
(09-06-2017, 12:30 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Anyone can try to negotiate but to negotiate you need to bring something to the table.

If an employee makes me an offer and backs it up with relevant information and it's something we can handle as a small business then we can do that or submit a counter offer.

What's scary is you think this is screwing over an employee. Have you only ever worked jobs with set pay and scheduled pay bumps? If so the.you should try an actual job where you bet on yourself..... can't play it safe and expect big things. Gotta take a risk.

And yet all your employees start out at the same rate so they aren't negotiating for a damn thing.
(09-06-2017, 02:51 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: And yet all your employees start out at the same rate so they aren't negotiating for a damn thing.

If I hand them an offer sheet and they sign it then that's on them. If you buy a car at sticker from the dealer than that's on you. You have to know your worth and be willing to stand up for yourself.
Breech, your desire to obsess over me is getting weird.
(09-06-2017, 12:58 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: If I hand them an offer sheet and they sign it then that's on them.  If you buy a car at sticker from the dealer than that's on you.    You have to know your worth and be willing to stand up for yourself.

But, again, unless they have something special to offer their employer it doesn't matter.  Two people with equal skills are paid the same.  Period.

As a business owner that should obvious.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(09-06-2017, 01:04 PM)GMDino Wrote: But, again, unless they have something special to offer their employer it doesn't matter.  Two people with equal skills are paid the same.  Period.

As a business owner that should obvious.

Not sure why you keep posting on this thread. You obviously have never worked a job where you negotiated your own wage. If you come to the negotiation with nothing you will only get what is given to you. If you come prepared then you get paid more .