Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
With Lou on board.....Landon Collins?
yeah I know we seem to be a good shape with Williams and Bates.
but Landon Collins certinally would not hurt to Bengals stripes.
hes still relatively young and has a knack for being able to make big plays.
you cant have too many playmakers in the secondary in a passing league
Reply/Quote
Make it happen
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I’d love it. I wanted the Bengals to draft him. That being said rumors are Collins life long dream team is the Redskins. So, if he gets to decide (not tagged and traded) might be tough to attract him to Cincy over Washington.
Reply/Quote
I'd be on board.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2019, 06:41 PM)impactplaya Wrote: yeah I know we seem to be a good shape with Williams and Bates.
but Landon Collins certinally would not hurt to Bengals stripes.
hes still relatively young and has a knack for being able to make big plays.
you cant have too many playmakers in the secondary in a passing league

3 Safties is better than 2.
Reply/Quote
Just listened to Coach Lou's interview on the BBP podcast. Said they'll mostly be playing with 5 DBs on the field. I really like the idea of an elite hybrid LB/S in our base set.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2019, 03:47 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: Just listened to Coach Lou's interview on the BBP podcast. Said they'll mostly be playing with 5 DBs on the field. I really like the idea of an elite hybrid LB/S in our base set.

Would Allow  Collins or Williams to take over the Monster Backer (as we called Mays) Role.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2019, 03:47 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: Just listened to Coach Lou's interview on the BBP podcast. Said they'll mostly be playing with 5 DBs on the field. I really like the idea of an elite hybrid LB/S in our base set.

When he says 5 defensive backs he meant 3 corners 2 safeties because offenses are in 11 personnel 70% of the time. 

No to Landon Collins...If the Bengals want to spend solid money in free agency give me a middle linebacker Jordan Hicks or a right tackle Jawuan James.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
No we can draft another Safety a lot cheaper than the FA route, but I'm hoping we sign 2-3 solid FA's to open up the draft for us:

1) Kwon Alexander-MLB

2) Ju'waan James-RT

3) Kyle Emanuel-OLB(depth)
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2019, 05:52 PM)Synric Wrote: When he says 5 defensive backs he meant 3 corners 2 safeties because offenses are in 11 personnel 70% of the time. 

No to Landon Collins...If the Bengals want to spend solid money in free agency give me a middle linebacker Jordan Hicks or a right tackle Jawuan James.

Idk, man.  It sure would be nice to truly employ a 3 Safety look.  In this day and age, a 3rd Safety makes a lot of sense, even against 11 personnel on offense.  It sure would be nice to have that extra speed and stopping power to put against those athletic TEs that so many teams feature these days.  Landon Collins would be a great fit for that role.

Also, I am really warming up to the idea of the team going after a veteran Guard in free agency, and drafting someone to start at RT.  That proven experience at RG is just what is needed, to aid Billy Price get up to speed, and to aid a rookie Tackle in transitioning to the pros.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2019, 08:37 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Idk, man.  It sure would be nice to truly employ a 3 Safety look.  In this day and age, a 3rd Safety makes a lot of sense, even against 11 personnel on offense.  It sure would be nice to have that extra speed and stopping power to put against those athletic TEs that so many teams feature these days.  Landon Collins would be a great fit for that role.

Also, I am really warming up to the idea of the team going after a veteran Guard in free agency, and drafting someone to start at RT.  That proven experience at RG is just what is needed, to aid Billy Price get up to speed, and to aid a rookie Tackle in transitioning to the pros.

I wouldn't mind seeing 3 safety looks in situations like they did against the Saints in 2018, but I was just pointing out if they are going to spend Landon Collins money in Free Agency it would be better to get a player in a position they dont currently have.

Right now they really dont have a Middle Linebacker, Right Tackle, or even a Right Guard under contract.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Would love to get Landon Collins but i am afraid if we used that money on him we would miss out on either a Linebacker or a Lineman in FA. We have to get a LB and atleast one Lineman in FA whether it is a RT or a RG. This is a must.
Reply/Quote
no franchise. I would also love to land him. When you have talent like that you can make schemes designed around it. 3 safety 2 linebacker sets

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Don't look at the contract he just signed. Good news is hopefully that takes Redskins out of the running for Mosley.

Thought Washington was broke?

Another case of us being broke before we even sign a FA. While teams with far less cap seem to make it work.

Not saying this was a contract I'd like the Bengals to give. Just pointing out the philosophical differences between the Browns and every other team in the league.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 04:15 PM)jj22 Wrote: Don't look at the contract he just signed. Good news is hopefully that takes Redskins out of the running for Mosley.

Thought Washington was broke?

TOO LATE Mellow
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote