Poll: Where will the Bengals open 2019
@ STeelers (Only as early MNF game with the Pirates in town Sunday 9/8)
@ Ravens (Only as early MNF game. Orioles home Sunday 9/8
@ Browns
@ Seahawks (Best bet I think. Mariners away & MLS SOunders off)
@ Rams (Game is in London. Can't see this happening Week #1)
@ Dolphins
@ Bills
@ Raiders (Only as late MNF DH Game 9/9)
@ Home vs ? (Can open at home only as early MNF game 9/9)
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where will the Bengals open 2019?
Bengals could open at home as the early MNF game on 9/9, but if they open on Sunday 9/8 it would have to be on the road with the Reds at home that Sunday.
Reply/Quote
It can't be the Rams game as that's on Oct 6th, it got leaked by the travel company on the Bengals website already, you can go look right now and see they're offering a travel package from Oct 4th-7th.

My vote is it will be the Seahawks.
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
Nothing but wild guesses, but I hope it is one of our two west coast trips (Raiders, Seahawks). Be good to get one of those out of the way while we are as fresh and rested as possible.
Reply/Quote
I can do Seattle week 1, the weather will still be decent there.

Downside ticket prices won't be cheap with it being the opener.
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2019, 07:21 PM)QueenCitySouth Wrote: Bengals could open at home as the early MNF game on 9/9, but if they open on Sunday 9/8 it would have to be on the road with the Reds at home that Sunday.

8 of the last 10 years one of our first 2 games has been against an AFCN opponent.  Mostly the Ravens, only once has it been the Steelers.
If its an AFCN game it will be at the Browns.  If it is a non-AFCN game it will be the Seahawks.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I say the Dolphins, since half of our coaches has ties to that organization.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 12:16 PM)corpjet Wrote: I can do Seattle week 1, the weather will still be decent there.

Downside ticket prices won't be cheap with it being the opener.

September is the best time of the year here.
Reply/Quote
It's Browns, Seahawks, Dolphins, or Bills... no way do the Bengals open the season in prime time.

Bengals/Browns seems like a good game to start the season (assuming the NFL doesn't want to try to show the Browns off in primetime early on) so I'll go with that one. I don't think we've opened against Cleveland since Dalton's rookie year?
Reply/Quote