Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
With Reid now in the rear veiw mirror..
Looks like things should remain pretty quiet until the draft rolls around.

Anyone think differently? If so, who could you envision them taking a long look at?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2018, 02:17 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Looks like things should remain pretty quiet until the draft rolls around.

Anyone think differently?  If so, who could you envision them taking a long look at?

at this point for many teams I think its tire kicking till after the draft... then filling the remaining holes
Reply/Quote
bfine fav Tre Bos-10 is still out there
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-11-2018, 02:17 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Looks like things should remain pretty quiet until the draft rolls around.

Anyone think differently?  If so, who could you envision them taking a long look at?

It's going to be a long 2 weeks...... I don't see anything happening before the draft either.
Reply/Quote
It is going to be two long weeks. But as for who is next? Really no one. All I wanted was a vet center, but there's no one else out there. Surprised we didn't get a de to replace Smith, especially with the "weak" 4-3 DE class. I think that makes DE a significant need again unless they are really planning to keep MJ.

It'll be interesting to see how much of a need we think it is. Last draft it was a bigger need but we waited til the 3rd round. Last years draft was far more deeper tho.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
They'll probably bring in Vaccarro unless they have an agreement with Reid in place.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2018, 03:05 PM)jj22 Wrote: It is going to be two long weeks. But as for who is next? Really no one. All I wanted was a vet center, but there's no one else out there. Surprised we didn't get a de to replace Smith, especially with the "weak" 4-3 DE class. I think that makes DE a significant need again unless they are really planning to keep MJ.

It'll be interesting to see how much of a need we think it is. Last draft it was a bigger need but we waited til the 3rd round. Last years draft was far more deeper tho.

No idea what these guys are going to draft.  And with Ozzie Newsom posturing that their first pick is going to shock I can't wait to see this draft.
Reply/Quote
I think they'll wait as well. Unless Eric Reid or Mike Brown has a change of heart, I don't see that deal happening soon.
Reply/Quote
I wonder if this somehow changes the Bengals' view on if/when to draft Justin Reid, who is Eric's brother.
There might be a thought/concern that Justin has the same opinions as Eric.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I think they could possibly interview vaccaro or Boston . Or they might interview them after the draft if they don't get their guy. I'm kind of happy they interviewed Ronnie Harrison I think he can be a pro bowl safety and very much like Reggie nelson. They say he hits like foster and made maybe more plays then minkah .
Reply/Quote
They say when you watch "tape" the surprise player that stands out is the one you should pay attention to. I feel like when I was watching Bama players in 2017 (probably Foster, or maybe the DT), number 15 kept flashing. Then when I heard there was a top safety from Bama in the 2018 draft I was like that has to be 15. It wasn't. But Harrison stood out a lot on tape.....

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2018, 05:59 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: I think they could possibly interview vaccaro or Boston . Or they might interview them after the draft if they don't get their guy. I'm kind of happy they interviewed Ronnie Harrison I think he can be a pro bowl safety and very much like Reggie nelson. They say he hits like foster and made maybe more plays then minkah .

He's Reggie Nelson with Taylor Mays' size.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2018, 03:14 PM)3wt Wrote: No idea what these guys are going to draft.  And with Ozzie Newsom posturing that their first pick is going to shock I can't wait to see this draft.

If I were Ozzie, I would keep my mouth shut.  After the initial home runs with Lewis, Reed, and Ogden, his drafts have left a lot to be desired.  Especially of late.  I just hope they aren't baiting a team that they will take Lamar Jackson in a effort to slide down from their pick.  

Honestly, every mock I SIM and/or watch on TV I see so many QBs go before us that players like McGlinchey, Roquan Smith, and even James Derwin might be available all the way down (one, not all three) at #21.  I think we just sit back and watch to see the best that falls and go center in Rd 2.  

To be sure we got Price or Ragnow, I wouldn't mind sliding in Rd 1 and gaining an additional day 2 pick, but I am kind of excited to see who will be there at #21.  If you think as many as 5 QBs could be gone before then (and they are clearly not all BPA), a borderline top 15 talent would be there.

Love the draft.
Reply/Quote
Ozzie is taking Rosen..... hide and watch.
Reply/Quote
Hire Reid already.
Reply/Quote

I like Tre Boston better than Reid anyways both on and off the field.

But if we don't go after Boston i hope we draft Jessie Bates III in the 3rd man.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2018, 01:19 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I like Tre Boston better than Reid anyways both on and off the field.

But if we don't go after Boston i hope we draft Jessie Bates III in the 3rd man.

With the thoughts of going to a Cover 3 Nickle in mind, I'd rather see them pick up an experienced player to aid with that transition.  Boston would be a great one to bring in.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2018, 01:48 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: With the thoughts of going to a Cover 3 Nickle in mind, I'd rather see them pick up an experienced player to aid with that transition.  Boston would be a great one to bring in.

I agree and it is not out of the realm of possibility with the way they have been looking at cover Safeties.

They know what they need for once and are really kicking tires this Offseason, has been refreshing.

I look for Tre Boston to be brought in soon or sign him or Reid after the Draft.

Depending on if we grab a guy like Harrison or Bates in the Draft of course.

Shaw should also be in this converstation as i think he could be a fine Free Safety with his cover skills and physicality.
Reply/Quote
If Eric Reid won’t sign, draft Minkah Fitzpatrick.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2018, 08:53 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: If Eric Reid won’t sign, draft Minkah Fitzpatrick.

That would take a tremendous move, in order to get back high enough in the draft to attain Fitzpatrick.  Is getting him worth scapping the idea of fixing the OL, once and for all?

I mean, that IS what they brought Coach Pollack in for, right?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote