Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
With the bengals now drafting at 21, who should we expect them to take?
Fisher and OG are still free agents next year.

I am sticking with Mcglinchey. Hopefully he falls and we have our new bookends.

Not a fan of many DEs in this draft. Could lose Chris smith in FA MJ is about out of gas. And Dunlap is a free agent next year. Pass rushers are gold. I wouldnt mind Harold Landry or Marcus Davenport
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2018, 01:00 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Not sure what I expect now because Cordy opens things up for Bengals draft.

Yet hoping it is Wynn or Edmunds if either are available.

You can take it to the bank that if Edmunds is available, they're going to jump on him..... and I hope he is.
Reply/Quote
My draft priorities (for the players I believe will realistically be there):
1. Billy Price
2. Mike McGlinchey
3. Leighton Vander Esch
4. Rashaan Evans
5. Kolton Miller
6. James Daniels
7. Will Hernandez
8. Isaiah Wynn
9. Frank Ragnow

Obviously, if someone like Tremaine Edwards or Vita Vea falls for some reason, then you have to reconsider.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2018, 07:56 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Fisher and OG are still free agents next year.

I am sticking with Mcglinchey. Hopefully he falls and we have our new bookends.

Not a fan of many DEs in this draft. Could lose Chris smith in FA MJ is about out of gas. And Dunlap is a free agent next year. Pass rushers are gold. I wouldnt mind Harold Landry or Marcus Davenport

There is a lot of logic here, but I think they like what they have in Willis and Lawson.  They will surely get another DE in this draft, but I doubt at #21.

Here's my take:

I really doubt McGlinchey falls as far as #21, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if the Bengals are wanting to address the RT position as well.  Although his crazy long arms struggled in the bench press, the tape on Orlando Brown says he is an immediate starter at RT and is a mauler in the running game.  

They like the young guards they have in Westerman and Redmond, and I think Center could be addressed either in FA or fairly early in the draft (they have two third rounders).  

I know everyone is going to say that Brown is not athletic enough because of the combine, but the man could be an elite RT.  I think it will all come down to the interview they had with him.  If they feel like he loves football, I think he could be a Bengal....and he might even allow for an additional second round pick if they slide AGAIN in Rd 1.

The other scenario I see is, as you mentioned, a LB they covet sliding in Rd 1, but it seems to be a very top-heavy class. 

No more sexy pieces like WR or TE.  It is time to build this team in the trenches and let guys like Mixon and Gio be the workhorses....in both the rushing attack and in the air. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Center or Linebacker, depending on who's there.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2018, 08:44 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: There is a lot of logic here, but I think they like what they have in Willis and Lawson.  They will surely get another DE in this draft, but I doubt at #21.

Here's my take:

I really doubt McGlinchey falls as far as #21, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if the Bengals are wanting to address the RT position as well.  Although his crazy long arms struggled in the bench press, the tape on Orlando Brown says he is an immediate starter at RT and is a mauler in the running game.  

They like the young guards they have in Westerman and Redmond, and I think Center could be addressed either in FA or fairly early in the draft (they have two third rounders).  

I know everyone is going to say that Brown is not athletic enough because of the combine, but the man could be an elite RT.  I think it will all come down to the interview they had with him.  If they feel like he loves football, I think he could be a Bengal....and he might even allow for an additional second round pick if they slide AGAIN in Rd 1.

The other scenario I see is, as you mentioned, a LB they covet sliding in Rd 1, but it seems to be a very top-heavy class. 

No more sexy pieces like WR or TE.  It is time to build this team in the trenches and let guys like Mixon and Gio be the workhorses....in both the rushing attack and in the air. 

I think Orlando brown is the most likely pick if they don't bring back Smith which I think they'll want to save the money. Orlando brokwn knows Marvin well and he is a younger healthier Andre Smith that possibly can play both tackles . So he is my #1 guy I think they will take and I wouldn't be mad at all. But I do like other prospects .
Reply/Quote
Wynn, Price or Hernandez. If not that, we need another impact type linebacker.
Reply/Quote
I personally hope Vita Vea slides to 21. This team has got to be able to stop the run, and Vea has 350 pounds of run stopping ability while being athletic enough to pressure the QB. A D-line with Geno and Vea...yes please.
Reply/Quote
OL or LB most likely methinks.
Dark horse for me is TE.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2018, 12:04 AM)Andy2AJ Wrote: I know other deals are in the works, but getting Glenn from buffalo is huge because he's proven and when healthy fills a HUGE hole. Now you can move ced to guard or wherever because he wasn't working at tackle. That said, who can we expect the Bengals to draft at 21? Safety maybe? Or do they take the best available guy that may slip that's not a qb? Interested to hear your thoughts on what the bengals may do with that pick. Furthermore, is it possible they trade it if we are offended something we can't turn down. So we take another guard possibly the other guy from mitre dame if he happens to fall?

I think this opens them up to take a Cornerback in round 1 and I could live with that now since getting left tackle Cordy Glenn is tied to the trade down.

My guess of which Corner they would take here would be Joshua Jackson from Iowa. He is around 6 foot 1 and 192 pounds with I believe 7 interceptions in 2017. Ran a 4.49 forty at the combine.

A tall, ball hawking Corner that the Bengals may want in their corner Pipeline especially if Pac Man Jones leaves and in case they can't retain Dennard after this season.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2018, 11:13 AM)depthchart Wrote: I think this opens them up to take a Cornerback in round 1 and I could live with that now since getting left tackle Cordy Glenn is tied to the trade down.

My guess of which Corner they would take here would be Joshua Jackson from Iowa. He is around 6 foot 1 and 192 pounds with I believe 7 interceptions in 2017. Ran a 4.49 forty at the combine.

A tall, ball hawking Corner that the Bengals may want in their corner Pipeline especially if Pac Man Jones leaves and in case they can't retain Dennard after this season.

The team ranked 7th against the pass and 31st against the run last year. The last thing they need at No. 21 is a CB who is going to come in and sit behind what they already have at the position. Too many other holes to fill with a player who can come in and be a starter from day 1.
Reply/Quote
I'm going to say either, Vander Esch or my dark horse, Gesicki! I can almost see them not passing on Tyler Eifert 2.0 With Vander Esch, whom I have watched a lot of this year, we get a tackling machine with speed, could possibly put a couple more LBS on him and play MLB.
Reply/Quote
I hear all of these "insiders" and "sources" saying that we are going to shore up the O-line and it's the #1 prioirty.

That being said, the ONLY pick for me at #21 is Center. I can't go another year with dog shit center play. Give me Daniels or Price and I'll call it a day.

IF someone like Hernandez or Wynn is around at the bottom of round 1, then give up some of these picks and move up and get him. Problem solved.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2018, 11:34 AM)Fullrock Wrote: The team ranked 7th against the pass and 31st against the run last year. The last thing they need at No. 21 is a CB who is going to come in and sit behind what they already have at the position. Too many other holes to fill with a player who can come in and be a starter from day 1.

I get that but the question was "who should we expect them to take".

They like to stay Deep at corner with plenty of 1st round picks in a pipeline and Dennard hits Free Agency in 2019.

Maybe they will do some filling of other holes this time around.
Reply/Quote
Bengals can't afford to get cute here with a TE or another CB. It's got to be OL and I hoping for either Price ©, Wynn/Hernandez (G), or McGlinchey/Brown/Miller (like these offensive tackles a lot better at 21 than 12). If Bengals think Fisher is a legitimate starter at RT, then I'd wait on OT until 3rd round or later.
Reply/Quote
Ogbuehi played guard in college, but as of March 13 I'd be surprised if that's the plan in 2018. I think he's the backup left tackle right now. If Bodine goes - I think a center is in play at 21, either the Ohio St. kid or the Iowa kid. Both won't be gone by then.
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2018, 11:51 AM)jowczarski Wrote: Ogbuehi played guard in college, but as of March 13 I'd be surprised if that's the plan in 2018. I think he's the backup left tackle right now. If Bodine goes - I think a center is in play at 21, either the Ohio St. kid or the Iowa kid. Both won't be gone by then.

IF Bodine goes?  Good Lord....

The writing has to be on the wall.  They can't offer him anything more than a vet minimum can they?  He's been horrible - other than his best ability (availability)
Reply/Quote
BPA... most likely Hernandez OG or Price OC if available.

although 21 has been our TE spot before
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2018, 11:48 AM)Lionel Hutz Wrote: Bengals can't afford to get cute here with a TE or another CB.  It's got to be OL and I hoping for either Price ©, Wynn/Hernandez (G), or McGlinchey/Brown/Miller (like these offensive tackles a lot better at 21 than 12).  If Bengals think Fisher is a legitimate starter at RT, then I'd wait on OT until 3rd round or later.

I wonder if there's any consideration for Fisher to be moved to RG also. It was mentioned as a potential option in his nfl.com scouting profile.
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/jake-fisher?id=2552360
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2018, 11:48 AM)Lionel Hutz Wrote: Bengals can't afford to get cute here with a TE or another CB.  It's got to be OL and I hoping for either Price ©, Wynn/Hernandez (G), or McGlinchey/Brown/Miller (like these offensive tackles a lot better at 21 than 12).  If Bengals think Fisher is a legitimate starter at RT, then I'd wait on OT until 3rd round or later.

My guess is that if they resign Bodine then a Center will not be taken in round 1.

They may feel that they have plenty of Guard options already on the team now that Boling will remain a Guard leaving just one Guard spot to fill with a number of candidates for that spot already on the roster.

That would leave them maybe taking a Tackle to compete with Jake Fisher but would they think it has to be a 1st round tackle. Maybe not. Resigning Andre Smith could lessen the chance of a 1st round tackle being taken even more.

I lean toward them making a defensive player pick now in round 1 but it is just my guess.
Reply/Quote